Maasdam Summer of 2010....

sail7seas

I'm having a really hard time getting info re: Maasdam's itineraries for spring/summer/fall 2010.

Anyone know if she'll continue to be the ship doing Canada/New England and Voyage of the Vikings?

If you have any info re: where she'll be and what she'll be doing, I'd really appreciate help.

Thanks.

Haven't heard anything - and that's a good thing. I know someone who takes care of shore excursions for all the ships, and was talking about her regarding Carnival pulling their ship from Canada-NE cruises for 2009 (they're coming in 2010 instead). HAL pulling the Maasdam would be even bigger news, and would probably be on the Port of Québec's website: http://www.portquebec.ca/index.php?lang=en_GR

I heard the Maasdam was leaving the HAL fleet along with several others. Beamteam

ok: I give up:rolleyes:

any basis for this other than "pure rumor" at best from an unidentified source

I also heard Pinnacle will be free to any Mariner having more than 25 days!

I'll share my "source" if you'll share yours:D

Thanks, KK, but I question it's accuracy.

It shows Maasdam in Canada/New England all spring, summer and fall 2009 but we know she is doing the 35 day Voyage of the Viking Boston to Rotterdam to Boston.

That diagram does not indicate Maasdam in Europe 2009.

S7S:

I don't think your concerns mean the schedule is not accurate. The 35 day Boston-Boston route puts it operating out of New England as described.

The World Cruise would not cause a ship to be listed in various areas for 7-14 days. Rather it is on the World Cruise. The Maasdamdam is based out of New England during that time frame.

calendar_ph_apr09.gif

This is not 100% accurate, but I can say a couple things...

1) Maasdam is NOT leaving the fleet

2) Maasdam will be in the same regions for the Summer/Fall time frame but with some slight differences in some itineraries

3) Winter/Spring you will see a little more obvious differences.

As mentioned in my other post, this is not 100% accurate. I'm uncertain why there is not an indication of the Voyage of the Vikings cruise in 2009

just spoke to a couple of people---while we were on our latest Statendam 28 day cruise-- they were originally booked on the 2009 Voyage of the Vikings 35 day.. said both they and another couple canceled .. mainly because of the additional stops in Iceland ( now totals 7 instead of the previous 5 stops) and not doing Norway this year.. they had both done that itinerary a number of times previously on the Maasdam

Archived