Book - Cruise Confidential

Grits53

Gramma, I may just have to cancel my order and do the same thing.

I went to the library on May 22 (late in the afternoon) to place the order and I got the email this morning that my book was there. That seems to be a little faster thank your order. May stay up late tonight reading ;).

Oh yes, the majority of folks are out for a good time and that does not include boorish behavior toward the staff. I have the book on order, but I suspect it was written with a degree of revenge in mind by someone whose contract was not renewed.

Doc

99% of cruising guests are great. The book isn't really about the guests, though. It's about the insane lifestyle of working at sea. It's nuts, but it gets in your blood. I did it four years and loved/hated every second of it!

Brian...Thanks for stopping by this thread! I LOVED the book...Read it in one long afternoon/evening! You sell any signed copies by any chance? :D To me, it's the next best thing to actually having the experience ourselves...you tell the story so well! I appreciate the chance to live vicariously through your adventures!:D

Received my book last week from Amazon and read it in three days. I enjoyed it. The negative views the staff have of americans did not bother me at all. I look at it as jealousy that they feel towards Americans and I take it all in as a compliment. Not all americans are fat and most are respectful and friendly. They consider us fat because we dont live in poverty so therefore our ribs are not showing. Being nourished doesnt make you fat. Myself and most people I know who cruise give the staff the utmost respect because we know how hard they work and we admire and appreciate that. They shoudn't let a handful of bad apples spoil the whole bunch. And cows are probabley the healthiest animals on earth. They are vegetarians. I would like to have gotten inside information on the other staff members also.(The dancers, comedians,activity staff,singers,entertainment staff, etc.)

. I would like to have gotten inside information on the other staff members also.(The dancers, comedians,activity staff,singers,entertainment staff, etc.)

I would like a "behind the scenes" look at that section of the crew, as well. We love watching the entertainment crew.

Brian, are you reading this? Do you know any Carnival dancers who would give you their stories so you could write a book about them? But I wouldn't want to stop you from finishing your sequel to Cruise Confidential...... ;)

Actually, Glory was docked at Jaxport. This was the first week of special cruises when Glory was not yet open to regular passengers and had yet to start its regular itinerary. They did a couple cruises to nowhere and a few quick hops to the Bahamas for folks like Bob Dickinson, Carnival big dogs, and travel agencies and such. I kept scrupulous notes during my Carnival days because it was a way to clear my head of the day's stresses before trying to get a few hours of sleep. When I didn't remember something specific, I rarely put it in the book because that would erode my credibility. Can't have that, now!

Living with authors in the family... This is a great trait!! Daddy and my grandfather had the same standards when they wrote. And, like you, they were challenged with others who "knew the truth" better than they...

I am lovin' this book and your blog too! Hearing you won the award -- what an honor!!! And the increase in book sales... PROVES YOU NEED TO HURRY AND FINISH SEQUELS AND OTHERS...

You're charming, whitty, and captivating... I'd love to sail with you leading a group... I can imagine the insight and tales you could tell and show us!!!

I would like a "behind the scenes" look at that section of the crew, as well. We love watching the entertainment crew.

Brian, are you reading this? Do you know any Carnival dancers who would give you their stories so you could write a book about them? But I wouldn't want to stop you from finishing your sequel to Cruise Confidential...... ;)

I had many friends who were dancers on a couple ships, and plan to cover that in the sequel. As an art auctioneer I had access to every area of ship life, barring the engine room, I guess. One ship I even signed on at the bridge and the officers were playing guitar and singing Bon Jovi! They navigated far better than they carried a tune, I assure you.

I had many friends who were dancers on a couple ships, and plan to cover that in the sequel. As an art auctioneer I had access to every area of ship life, barring the engine room, I guess. One ship I even signed on at the bridge and the officers were playing guitar and singing Bon Jovi! They navigated far better than they carried a tune, I assure you.

That sounds great, Brian! We'd love to hear about the dancers and others on the ships.....as well as more of your own story. That is an amusing thought.... the officers on the bridge playing guitar and singing Bon Jovi while "driving" a huge ship! LOL!

Have the people here at Cruise Critic given you the urge to go back to work on that sequel yet? :)

To my knowledge the next printing will be in the hands of the distributors Monday. Shouldn't take too much time after that to reach whereever they are going... I presume, anyway!

Please make sure it is available on Kindle...:D

Looking forward to the next book!!

I'm almost finished with the book... I couldn't put it down at lunch last week... it seems that's the only time I have to read it...

As I giggle out loud, I had folks in the restaurant ask what I was reading. I'm hoping I made more converts!!! I told them to get the book and come to CC and post...

ANYONE out there, remember a CRAZIE lady in Chili's telling them about this book???

I just finished this book as well, just in time to get on the Freedom this Saturday :)

Is it possible that "Duman" is actually Yusef from the Legend? I kind of hope not...

Brian, keep working on that sequel, please!:D

I just finished reading What Time is the Midnight Buffet? . I would really love to read Cruise Confidential ! I would love to make a trade with someone. We could continue and send them to fellow CC members when we are finished reading them. :)

I would love to trade..

Email me @ lvroberts@aol.com

I have been wanting to read Midnight Buffet. How was it?

Sheri ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived