Small Dogs On Board Why Not?

It is also selfish in that you are going to assume that your pets are going to enjoy being on the ship with you.

And let's not forget that pets are also prone to motion sickness. I'm not aware of many pets who are trained to ralph in the toilet.

<snip>

Quaranteed for what? A Flea? MY animals do not have Fleas. they live inside the house My doggy has a patch of grass to do his thing on and I throw it away 2 times a day. I value my little ones.

I thought I asked a good question, apparently you all think its a joke, the jokes on you all, who are not understanding in allowing a person to care for their loved ones

Quarantened for diseases and pests (including fleas, which your babies could pick up when they are away from home). There are many countries and islands with no rabies and various other diseases. They would like to keep it that way. Any country has the absolute right to ensure that animals entering their borders are healthy. In fact, there are many places where service animals are not allowed off the ships due to local laws. Those countries are not required to allow unrestricted access of service animals. Some ports do allow service animals off the ships, but have very strict requirements regarding documentation of vaccinations, current health, and so forth.

I think that perhaps you do not understand how many of us here do love our babies immensely. My DH and I certainly do. We would not, however, expect to take them on a cruise ship, both for their sake (how interesting could it possibly be for them to be cooped up in a cabin for the duration?) and other pax (even the best dogs bark and many pax have allergies). No one is saying that you shouldn't be "allowed" to care for your pets, just that you don't need to bring them on cruises to do so.

There is no "joke" on me because I do understand what it means to love my pets that much.

My friend has a seeing eye dog with her on her cruise they allowed it last year I seen it, i was on the Mariner and they allowed it, she had a suite state room and her husband along with her dog Peanut. He was so nice, No one said a peep to her, she had all the legal rights to bring her dog. I was just wanted to know how you all thought about it, apparently you all got to be very nasty to me I think its time to report the rest of you.

Report everyone for what? You asked for opinions; you got some strong responses. No one attacked or flamed you. It is hard for many to believe that such a question is serious because there are so many seemingly obvious reasons why it's not a good idea. You're going to report everyone who voiced a firm belief that pets do not belong on cruise ships and stated why? That's a tad extreme, IMO.

beachchick

We love our furbaby (see avitar) more than anything, but we would not want to take her cruising. Why subject her to possible motion sickness or being exposed to other animals that are not well taken care of as she is. She pouts when we leave her but is SO HAPPY when we get back. We kennel her with the vet and after all these years (10) they love her almost as much as we do. I call and check on her everyday.

Ralph in the toilet...hahaha. My dog seems to be trained to ralph on the carpet. And never on the easy-to-clean hardwood floor.

Not to mention, even if they were trained to ralph in the toilet, the sound of that vacuum toilet would probably make something come out the other end.

Many posters have contributed numerous practical and legal reasons to restrict non-humans from cruise ships. As one who suffers allergies, I feel reassured that I won't have to find a substitute for cruising anytime soon.

Playing the smart alec for a moment, I would refer the OP to one ship I know of that would allow two dogs and two cats: It's called Noah's Ark.

:)

Hey RED-- I'm on the 5/4/09 FOS cruise. You're signature says 5/1/09 FOS, how is that possible? A typo?

Yes a typo I tried to change it to 5/31 it came up 5/1 so I leave in 34 more days not in may 1st. so its pretty soon to tell us all about it, bring lots of sun screen the sun is a killer this year I hear.

Red.........:D

We love our furbaby (see avitar) more than anything, but we would not want to take her cruising. Why subject her to possible motion sickness or being exposed to other animals that are not well taken care of as she is. She pouts when we leave her but is SO HAPPY when we get back. We kennel her with the vet and after all these years (10) they love her almost as much as we do. I call and check on her everyday.

it was just a thought... boy do not get all balled into a tight wad of string. I heard that on other ships they allow the pets... and other places have had their babies brought on. I thought this one will allow it thats all

Peace on Earth... good women towards the bar on the ship:confused:

On a recent cruise we saw a small dog. Found out it was part of the magic show. They did take the dog out of their cabin for walks. I saw him outside on the Promenade and at the tables near the International cafe. Fellow dog lovers were having a wonderful time scratching ears and getting licked.

I think that if I saw a small dog on board that was not an obvious Service Dog. (They Always have a vest.) I would try to find a Korean Crew Member. I hear that they appreciate the delicacy!?!?!?

(JOKE) for the humor impaired.

Just to throw some additional fuel on this fire, where might allowing pets on a cruise eventually lead? I mean, what might come next? Might folks then feel entitled to being along their obnoxious children? Or, after kids are permitted aboard, might some people then expect to be able to smoke at will on the ship? Come on, slippery slopes are marked slippery for very good reasons!

Just to throw some additional fuel on this fire, where might allowing pets on a cruise eventually lead? I mean, what might come next? Might folks then feel entitled to being along their obnoxious children? Or, after kids are permitted aboard, might some people then expect to be able to smoke at will on the ship? Come on, slippery slopes are marked slippery for very good reasons!

Thank you for your scenario - you assume there is a cruise line already that restricts obnoxious children on board. I would like to sign up.icon10.gif

Archived