Beds together or apart

The cabin attendents never get it right.....like the way I requested. They always look so disappointed when I request 2 beds.....as luck would have it...that was the way they were from the previous guests.....but she put them together. Our last cabin attendent said she wished that she had recieved a "manafest" whatever that is to tell her which way we wanted the beds. Most say that they have to guess. However, it never fails that the way we want them is not the way they were from the previous guests and now they have to rearange them again when we go to dinner. I wish RC would see this and do something about it....has anyone had this experience? Are the beds the way you had requested them on each sailing? I feel so sorry for the attendent....in May it will be our 39RC cruises only about 5 have the beds they way we had requested them!!!!!

Nope, mine have always been done correctly. Once I cruised with two male friends and we were all new to cruising so my GUESS is the agent didn't ask them how they wanted their beds (and they/we didn't know to make a request), so when they got to their cabin, their beds were naturally apart. They did have to ask for them to be put together. The cabin steward gave them an, "Okaaaaaaaaaaay...I don't see why, but whatever" kind of look. :)

Ours are probably wrong about 50% of the time, my husband has a name that is more often female, so I'm sure that's why... No big deal... we ask the attendant to change it and they've always very happily done that for us when we are at dinner.

Our 1st cruise, the beds were apart--I guess the attendant saw us (as a couple) because when we returned to the room later, the beds had been put together--we never had to ask!

All other times, the beds have been together from the get-go.

It's not really a big deal.

I don't think it is all that much work to rearrange the beds and it's something that is done all the time. People have their reasons and what they want should be accomodated.

We've had cabins so small that for space we've had the attendant move the beds apart. Some friend of ours were on a cruise with us and noticed how we had ours apart (short cruise, Monarh of the Seas). They had theirs moved apart after the first night, it's a hassle to climb over a person to visit the loo in the middle of the night. Plus, there is absolutely nowhere to stand to get dressed if someone is at the vanity desk.

My Aunt last year had her beds together upon arrival, we had not made any specific request. The problem was, she could not easily see the TV from where the bed was located and she likes (for some odd reason) to keep her stuff in her suitcase the entire cruise, open on one bed. She would not ask the attendant to change for her so I did, he had it done during the time we went to breakfast, no big deal.

We're all different, some married couples have learned they sleep better if not so close to each other. Small cabins are made even smaller with the beds together. Some people like to keep their bags packed the whole vacation.

We like to have twin beds on a cruise because we are used to a 7 ft wide bed at home and there ain't much room when they are together on the ship. Everytime we ask when we book we tell them twins and about 50% of the time they get it right. Our last cruise was the 1st time in 4 cruises. We asked the attendant how he knew and he should us his list and it stated twin for our cabin so the information does get there some times.

This June we will be on Liberty, for our 20th anniversary. Im getting the anniversary decorations for the cabin, which comes with a sign on the door as well. Do you think they will get the hint to put the beds together??? HAHAHAHA :D:eek::D

It is a big deal! The last cabin attendent really made it a big deal. She was really, really upset. She asked if we would speak to her supervisor and that she had "never" recieved requests for bed preference.....so, she had to guess. ( I can't tell you the number of times that I have heard that). The beds were the way we wanted them from the previous guests....but she changed them just before we came. Needless to say, now she had to change them at dinner again!! The couple next door also wanted theirs changed....you guessed it....to the way they were from the previous guests. Listen up RC......lets make life easier for the cabin attendents.....give them our bed preference before we arrive.....save them some work.....give them a break. Of course we always tip them....but making their life easier so dinner service is quicker for them helps too. It really frustrated her....I felt so sorry for her....a lack of communication on the part of RC!!!!!

It is a big deal! The last cabin attendent really made it a big deal. She was really, really upset. She asked if we would speak to her supervisor and that she had "never" recieved requests for bed preference.....so, she had to guess. ( I can't tell you the number of times that I have heard that). The beds were the way we wanted them from the previous guests....but she changed them just before we came. Needless to say, now she had to change them at dinner again!! The couple next door also wanted theirs changed....you guessed it....to the way they were from the previous guests. Listen up RC......lets make life easier for the cabin attendents.....give them our bed preference before we arrive.....save them some work.....give them a break. Of course we always tip them....but making their life easier so dinner service is quicker for them helps too. It really frustrated her....I felt so sorry for her....a lack of communication on the part of RC!!!!!

It seems to me that this one cabin attendant made a big deal out of it. I´ve never had a cabin attendant even blink on RCI when I requested the set up to be changed.

If the cabin attendants don´t receive any orders how to make upm the room, I wonder why they change the setup from the past guests. It would make much more sense for them to ust leave it at that and change later when a certain setup is requested. It would save them from changing twice and the odds are probably as good.

Anyway if I may ask, why do you need to run two threads on the same topic?:confused:

It seems to me that this one cabin attendant made a big deal out of it. I´ve never had a cabin attendant even blink on RCI when I requested the set up to be changed.

If the cabin attendants don´t receive any orders how to make upm the room, I wonder why they change the setup from the past guests. It would make much more sense for them to ust leave it at that and change later when a certain setup is requested. It would save them from changing twice and the odds are probably as good.

Anyway if I may ask, why do you need to run two threads on the same topic?:confused:

I ask myself that same question every time i see a new booze smuggling post.

Ours are probably wrong about 50% of the time, my husband has a name that is more often female, so I'm sure that's why... No big deal... we ask the attendant to change it and they've always very happily done that for us when we are at dinner.

I knew a Donna and Kim...one person thought they were sisters...not...husband and wife, his parents I guess thought it was cool to name him Kim...and he as 100% american so it was not a cultural name.

I just looked at our reservation and it lists:

Room Arrangement: Apart/Both Apart

Is there somewhere to change that? I'm traveling with my parents in one room so what should the arrangement say? In the past they have slept in one bed and I had the fold out couch.

I'm sorry she made you feel bad about it... she shouldn't have... regardless of whether she was happy about it or not...

There is a manifest available... I know this for a fact because we've seen it... On our Liberty cruise in September, the beds were apart. When we asked the steward to put them together, he looked puzzled for a minute and then consulted a clip board he was carrying. On the clipboard was a list of his cabin assignments which had the names and bed preferences along with some other information for each cabin. Once he saw that we had requested beds together he apologized several times.

If you have a situation like that again, I'd be sure to note it on the survey at the end of the cruise... I suppose it is possible that some of ships don't provide that information to the stewards... although they certainly should.

I just looked at our reservation and it lists:

Room Arrangement: Apart/Both Apart

Is there somewhere to change that? I'm traveling with my parents in one room so what should the arrangement say? In the past they have slept in one bed and I had the fold out couch.

If there are 3 of you and your parents will sleep on the beds pushed together with you on the sofa bed it should say... together/both together....

If you made your reservation with RCCL, call them... If you made it through a TA, call them...

I ask myself that same question every time i see a new booze smuggling post.

The difference here is it's the same topic posted by the same person...

:confused:

I find it annoying your cabin attendant was upset over this issue. But her response is a purely personal thing, most don't get upset about such a small issue.

Yes, the preference should be made in advance and it works a lot of the time. But not always and the cabin attendants sometimes need to make adjustments, it's just part of their job. I'm thinking she may not be there long if this bothers her so much.

I work with a girl we call "The Princess". We can all be working our butts off moving stock, re-merchandising, cleaning displays (I work a 2nd part time job in retail). She gets there and is asked to do some small task and she whines about having to do extra work beyond her normal duties. She prefers to just stand there and look pretty. We get eye rolls, sighs and slumping shoulders....the boss doesn't back down and we enjoy a giggle from the show. We all have to do extra work in our jobs as we don't have good fairies visiting overnight to do it for us.

On the Royal Caribbean site, go to My Cruises and click on the Profile tab. From there click on the Onboard Preferences link on the left side of the page. Here you can choose your bed preference, meal time preference and any dietary needs. I did this after our first cruise and have had beds together each time since.

Archived