Diamond Lounge

No , for your cruise everything is as it was i.e you will have access to the CL , depending on numbers the cocktail hour maybe held in a lounge other than the CL..

The planned changes for 1st July were scrapped and put back 'til 1st September with some tweeking mainly due to the furore it caused and the lack of notice for some.

We just had the new revised Diamond /D+ coupon book on our Navigator TA , it stinks. The version number was 13 and dated 04/09.

Does the new D/D+ coupon have a Johnny Rockets coupon?

No , for your cruise everything is as it was i.e you will have access to the CL , depending on numbers the cocktail hour maybe held in a lounge other than the CL..

The planned changes for 1st July were scrapped and put back 'til 1st September with some tweeking mainly due to the furore it caused and the lack of notice for some.

We just had the new revised Diamond /D+ coupon book on our Navigator TA , it stinks. The version number was 13 and dated 04/09.

and............after September the 1st you will have free wine and champagne EVERY NIGHT on ships without a Diamond lounge, AND all alcohol free EVERY NIGHT if the ship does have a Diamond lounge.

no :(

We were on Navigator of the Seas at the end of March and the book did have a JR coupon. If someone has sailed since that time they might be able to update us on any changes.:)

Also on the Navigator TA and had the same worthless coupons that the others got. Guess I got a new book. I meant to check JR to see how busy it was with the 1/1 milkshake coupon instead of free cover. Suspected the attendance might be down some as we always used that coupon but are not interested in paying for JR. While it is worth $4.95 on shore for sure, not worth it with other free options (lol).

We just made Diamond for this cruise so at least got one shot at it. We are booked for the Voyager trans-Atlantic in November. I know many people said it wasn't the free drinks, it was the lounge. Hate to disagree but I didn't see many people sitting in there drinking sodas and water. Most were drinking mixed drinks. It will be interesting to see how many switch to wine come September 1st. I went to the CL twice. The first time it was pretty empty (11:00 a.m.) the second time (3:00 p.m.) there were more people there but not cheek to jowl. Personally, this is one feature I won't miss as I am not a coffee drinker and there were plenty of places to quietly read in the public areas. I asked the concierge to help me switch to MTD the first night and he blew me off. Didn't say words like "I wish I could assist you, but I'm afraid you have to handle this in person" but got "go down to the desk and ask if you can switch."

Midway through the cruise, I got a survey form asking me how things were going. I took the opportunity (2 stationery pages worth) to tell them about how they could have and can handle the elimination of the Diamond privileges a little better. I was not nasty, threatening, etc. Just made some suggestions. I, also, pointed out that they weren't doing much to foster booking too far in advance (and getting use of the deposit money) with not being able to combine platinum/diamond balcony discounts with another OBC opportunity. By the way, if they were hawking next cruise letters, I didn't hear about it.

Tucker in Texas (who is not holding her breath to receive any response to my survey)

I guess it is true that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I was told by C&A last week that they are still evaluating the policy of non-combinality of "offers/benefits" etc. I guess we need to make feeling known about that too.

GOOD<

We're Diamond and not happy about the changes taking place, and the new coupon book seem as if it's just about worthless, but the not being able to combine benefits is what really lost our loyatility. I've been e-mailing Fain, Goldstein & C&A weekley. I'm glad to see it might be doing some good.

we wont be going to johnny rockets anymore on the ship if they remove that free cover coupon from the books- we didnt go every cruise anyway.....-

will be interesting to see what kind of books we get on our aug 23 freedom cruise-

we wont be going to johnny rockets anymore on the ship if they remove that free cover coupon from the books- we didnt go every cruise anyway.....-

will be interesting to see what kind of books we get on our aug 23 freedom cruise-

This may be what RC is looking for. We are eating too much free food that they can charge other people for!

I will say this: when I eat at Johnny Rocket's with my free coupon, I leave a tip for the servers. That's what part of the $3.95/$4.95 covers.

I have seen many coupon users not leave anything. I personally don't think that that is right, and it may be part of the reason for the coupon elimination.

Just returned from the April 12 transatlantic on the Independence, our first cruise as a Diamond member. There were JR coupons in our booklet for the cover charge and they also took our old coupons from the platinum book (this was our first time on a RCI ship with a JR). Even though we have JR here in Phoenix, it was nice to have a change from the WJ and main DR and we enjoyed it. Just a lot of food and JR was packed even though we were there when they opened. Enjoyed the Diamond lounge as a "refuge" and they had the nightly predinner drinks and appetizers in the Pyramid Lounge. We went only 3 times and DH had the wine and I had diet soda as I don't drink. It was always packed. DH enjoyed the espressos and lattes more than anything else in the Diamond Lounge. I have my doubts that he would choose to book a ship now without a Diamond Lounge. I am not sure how the changes will effect our November 2009 TA on the Indy.

This may be what RC is looking for. We are eating too much free food that they can charge other people for!

I will say this: when I eat at Johnny Rocket's with my free coupon, I leave a tip for the servers. That's what part of the $3.95/$4.95 covers.

I have seen many coupon users not leave anything. I personally don't think that that is right, and it may be part of the reason for the coupon elimination.

You know, I hadn't thought of the cover being part "tip." We, also, tipped when using the free coupon but, I will admit, not $5 each (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Just returned from the April 12 transatlantic on the Independence, our first cruise as a Diamond member. There were JR coupons in our booklet for the cover charge and they also took our old coupons from the platinum book (this was our first time on a RCI ship with a JR). Even though we have JR here in Phoenix, it was nice to have a change from the WJ and main DR and we enjoyed it. Just a lot of food and JR was packed even though we were there when they opened. Enjoyed the Diamond lounge as a "refuge" and they had the nightly predinner drinks and appetizers in the Pyramid Lounge. We went only 3 times and DH had the wine and I had diet soda as I don't drink. It was always packed. DH enjoyed the espressos and lattes more than anything else in the Diamond Lounge. I have my doubts that he would choose to book a ship now without a Diamond Lounge. I am not sure how the changes will effect our November 2009 TA on the Indy.

SInce the Independence has the Diamond Lounge, nothing will change for you after September 1.

Archived