All Things I LOVE The Flowrider!

Is there anyone out there who loves the flowrider as much as i do? I've done flowriders on land before but there's something about boogie boarding and surfing on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean! I thought this would be a fun thread to start to share your pictures, stories, or videos of you or someone you know surfing or boogie boarding at sea! :D

Here's Me:

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3076728810036355651BsvkLj (Thanks Bonnie Voyager)

Hey Chris ..do you think this gent likes the Flowrider ;)

100_3251.jpg

WOW That's a great picture :p I think maybe that ride made them decide about the two flowriders on Oasis :rolleyes:

BTW....Awesome video Chris....I've been on the Flowrider twice on my Liberty cruise but could not make it that profissional....wait for me on Oasis :D:cool:

LOL! In the middle of the video, he falls off the boogie board, but is able to grab it a few seconds later! Looks fun! Maybe I can try in Grand Cayman's Black surf park this December on my possible VOTS cruise this December! It's one of the shore excursions!

I sailed on LIBERTY OF THE SEAS last May and fell in love with the flowrider. That was my first attempt on a flowrider and loved it. I do surf a lot, I couldn't believe how different the two are. Great video and pics here.

I'm looking forward to our trip in September on the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS.

Just 11 more days until flowrider trip # 4, this time on the the Freedom of the Seas:

Here's two of my son - oh to be so young.

Lou

Great video on the stand up.. Nice to see some others that can actually ride..

Freedom, Liberty, Independence and then oasis and allure

i'm not sure on the height requirements but they are different for bodyboarding and stand up surfing. From what i've seen they are very strict on the height requirements

Let me ask a couple questions- First - I love the videos - I bet its a hoot just to stand and watch other people--- anyway my questions:

First, Is the bottom/floor of flowrider soft at all, have any give? I noticed some people hitting hard- does it hurt or just bang a little?

Second- I notice in the pics sometimes there is a partition and sometimes not and one comment had something about some days you could stand and others no. Any info on that?

Third- How hard is it to get one there? And do you HAVE to do a lesson first? When we went on the rock wall the first time- It was a pain. You had to go one day and sign up and get the kids cards tagged, then you could only come back on some days on some hours. I understand the not doing it when it is wet but the hours were very limited. It seemed like there was always a long line too so you only ogt to go on it many one or two times. Is the flowrider worse than that? Will the kids spend all day standing in line waiting for a 2 minute chance to go on it? I would think there is a learning curve and if you have to stand in line between each time, it would take (me at least) 6 cruises to get the hang of it. What are the hours like?

Soft mat.

Double sided on busy days.

And yes you could wait 30 minutes for 2 minutes on, but for $60 you can go for an hour with up to eight people.

Thanks- Do you remember what the open hours were? What about at sea days vs. other days.

The future of fun! :D

18107-22_DK_16_BB_Flowrider.jpg

SWEET:cool:

I read once the ones on Oasis would be larger than the ones on Freedom Class...do you know if it's right?

I went to Florida Mall last weekend and went to a surf store that has one Flowrider in the middle of the store(inside a huge glass box in the middle of the store :eek:)....I was tempted to do it but It's much better on a sunny day in the middle of the ocean....I might do it during summer thou :D:cool:

SWEET

I read once the ones on Oasis would be larger than the ones on Freedom Class...do you know if it's right?

I went to Florida Mall last weekend and went to a surf store that has one Flowrider in the middle of the store(inside a huge glass box in the middle of the store :eek:)....I was tempted to do it but It's much better on a sunny day in the middle of the ocean....I might do it during summer thou :D:cool:

From what i know the flowriders (the type most places have) are either a single or a double i think the Oasis will have 2 doubles so i think it will be the same as on the Liberty. Ive seen pictures of the flowrider you are talking about. Wow how nice it must be to live in FL! :rolleyes: :D :D

Archived