Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

Thanks, Parrot Mom . . . we're not going this year, but I've noted to contact him once we've booked the cruise and have our dates. For now, I'm just monitoring this board and gathering information on the various ports of call. I've saved the information on Aurielo.

I looked up their website. Did everything thru email. They speak English. Very good went their about 3 years ago great location and a great value. I would definetly reserve before getting there they book up easily. I think I may have a phone number. The hop on hop off bus definetly worth while. You vist all the major sites. We bought a 2 day pass.

Enjoy Barcelona,

I returned from Barcelona earlier this month -- stayed 2 nights after my cruise at Hotel Atlantis. It's in a great location very near Plaza Cataluyna. All the folks at reception speak English and are VERY nice. Rooms are nice, clean, a lovely buffet breakfast is included in the cost. At that time cost was 84 Euros per night (for 2 people). With the cost of breakfast easily being 12E at other hotels, this place was a bargain. I will stay there again!

Thanks, Parrot Mom . . . we're not going this year, but I've noted to contact him once we've booked the cruise and have our dates. For now, I'm just monitoring this board and gathering information on the various ports of call. I've saved the information on Aurielo.

That's how I do it.. book the cruise, book the hotel and Aurielo/Michael at the same time.. Check out Percy on Fodors.. he got Michael and he still raves about him.. Auriello was raised outside NYC and speaks perfect English and Michael is a darling. Nobody, but nobody packs as much luggage as the two of us do (it's always a two week trans-atlantic).. He brings it upstairs and I put most of it in the luggage room of the Continental...and then when he picks us up for back to the cruise line he comes up and gathers it all.. He was honest when I asked about going to a place called Girona.. he said that Len would have great difficulty walking.. and he was right..right now it's worse, but we made it to the market which is a do not miss..met an e-mail friend and had early dinner at the restaurant next door... and walked La Rambla several times.and oh yes.. met up with my "parrot lady" on La Rambla..lol It's also wonderful seeing him waiting for you as you get out of the airport...

from the Continental to port it was 14 euro and we got the bus from the airport and also returned the same way.

At our age and the amount of luggage we take for two weeks t/a there is no way we could manage a bus to the hotel...lol..For us "q-tips" it was worthwhile to have a private tour..rather than the hop-on-hop off bus.. We even stopped and had a fabulous lunch at a local seafood restaurant..ciopinno and the best sangria ever...

We stayed at the Chic & Basic in the El Borne district. It was a funky hotel with beads that light up in the hallways as well as in the rooms. We had a remote control to change the colors to suit your mood....different.

Also, the hotel is not for everyone as the shower (all glass) is right in the middle of the room! So if your shy or travelling with someone other then your spose this may not be your cup of tea.

The hotel is situated in a trendy area about a 15 minute walk from Las Ramblas and the city centre. It has wonderful Tappas restaurants and funky stores all within a short walk. The beach is only 10 - 15 minute walk as well.

Dan

We stayed at Avenida Palace recently (my 2nd stay there). It was fantastic! The location is perfect--right by Placa Catalunya--about a 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas. There is also a subway stop right in front of the hotel. It's on street just off of Avenue Catalunya and is quiet. The rooms and bathrooms are pretty big for European Hotels. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there if we're in Barcelona again!

Hi

We are booked for November at Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas at 115E for a balcony overlooking Las Ramblas with a 24hr buffet not just breakfast..We have never been but it was highly recommended.

the inside room was 95E

I am looking for a hotel at the airport as we will take the monteserrat tour and transfer from the ship so will be dropped off at the airport at the end of the tour, so I need a hotel that has the free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and then the next morning back to the airport from the hotel to take our flight home..Anyone have any ideas?

Also would Aurelio be more reasonable to take from the airport to Continental and then hotel to ship the next day than just taking a taxi? Hotel quoted around 25Efrom airport to hotel and 20E from hotel to port. There are two of us. Not too much luggage.

Thank you for any help.

The room was big....there was a dressing area/bath-shower area that was as large as the bedroom area. The beds are adjustable on both sides. We had room #401 that faced Las Ramblas and did not hear any noise.

Thanks! Can't wait, I have less than two weeks until I try it out myself:D

DORIJO.we are just home two weeks and had planned to take the Monteserrat tour and transfer to city centre. We were staying post cruise too at the Continental but the tour was cancelled due to lack of numbers. I was disappointed. We also had another excursion cancelled too for the same reason

Debbymark,

So maybe we should take Aurelio from the ship to monteserrat and to the hotel at the airport? I will email him and get some prices. I just booked the Frontair Congress at the airport for 59E ..Our flight is early out of barcelona so figured we would stay the extra day to make it and see Montserrat at the same time..I hope Nov 30 is not too cold in the mountains at that time..DH hates the cold. So if they canceled the tour did they still take you to the airport? We are in Continental pre cruise..How did you like it and did you have a balcony room overlooking Las Ramblas? There are two hotels but we are in the Las Ramblas one, the other one is a couple blocks off the blvd.

Debbymark,

So maybe we should take Aurelio from the ship to monteserrat and to the hotel at the airport? I will email him and get some prices. I just booked the Frontair Congress at the airport for 59E ..Our flight is early out of barcelona so figured we would stay the extra day to make it and see Montserrat at the same time..I hope Nov 30 is not too cold in the mountains at that time..DH hates the cold. So if they canceled the tour did they still take you to the airport? We are in Continental pre cruise..How did you like it and did you have a balcony room overlooking Las Ramblas? There are two hotels but we are in the Las Ramblas one, the other one is a couple blocks off the blvd.

First.. check to make sure he is available..he and Michael depending on when your coming in maybe completely booked..lol.I book him immediately and others do to.. This will be our third time at the Continental..right at the top of the La Rambla..one or two blocks from the market... It is a funky hotel..and extremely popular..decorated like your great, great, great grandmother would.. all in pink..so help me.. there is a safe, a refrigerator.. a large old fashioned bathroom with bidet..and their hair dryer.. free internet service, an all day buffet now as in their other hotel and a helpful staff. I've met owner of the property.. elderly blonde woman We have always had a balcony room there and sometimes in the middle of the night when I can't sleep I go outside and watch La Rambla..the couples strolling or sitting on the benches..BTw the place has a/c and heat. We love the hotel...our little home away from home IN Barcelona

It is a funky hotel..and extremely popular..decorated like your great, great, great grandmother would...

'Funky' is a good description! It sounds exactly like the Palacete ... and the first hotel I've stayed in that has 'Rubbermaid' style dressers/night tables. Do they have those at the Continental as well?

'Funky' is a good description! It sounds exactly like the Palacete ... and the first hotel I've stayed in that has 'Rubbermaid' style dressers/night tables. Do they have those at the Continental as well?
\

There is no other way to say it...YES, YES, YES..LOL... a thousand times YES

Dorijo, We loved the hotel too. pre cruise we were on the floor above reception and we loved that better. the next time we were above that but I felt it was too high as the trees were blocking our view. The rooms are pink but I was expecting it to be worse than it was as it is a soft pink. We had our notebook with us and were able to get wifi in the bedroom.

The buffet is small but adaqute for snacking. Plenty of wine, beer and coke/seven up.There is also ice cream and toppings.

The staff are very friendly with good English. It is easy to find. We took the bus from the airport and it was easy to find.

I have a bit of a dilemma. We are looking for a hotel in Barcelona pre-cruise and its a toss up between 2; the Onix or The Continental. Both are similar in price and offer buffets, although the Onix is only a breakfast buffet. From what I've read, The Onix is a bit off the tourist areas whereas The Continental is right on Las Ramblas. All this talk of the pickpockets is scaring me so much that I think we'd be better off booking The Onix. Comments, please?

We are checking out of the Continental this morning. In addition to all that was said (and I didn't read it all), the balcony room overlooking Las Ramblas was THE place to be last night. Barcelona won the soccer cup! It was like being in Times Square on New Years Eve!!!!!! We felt safe and could enjoy all of the celebration with a bird's eye view. Sleep was not on the agenda last night, however, and be prepared to expect the unexpected!

It is a funky hotel. It is clean and the bed is comfortable. It is in a great location with easy access to transportation, restaurants and shopping.

gotta get to the pier now...

I have a bit of a dilemma. We are looking for a hotel in Barcelona pre-cruise and its a toss up between 2; the Onix or The Continental. Both are similar in price and offer buffets, although the Onix is only a breakfast buffet. From what I've read, The Onix is a bit off the tourist areas whereas The Continental is right on Las Ramblas. All this talk of the pickpockets is scaring me so much that I think we'd be better off booking The Onix. Comments, please?

It's a no brainer for me and other cruisers.. The Hotel Continental...if you can get a room. As in all big cities you should be aware of those around you...Of course on La Rambla with the "living statues" your so fascinated you may not notice any "action".. Last trip two ladies handing out brochures cautioned my husband to be careful.. he had a pocked in the back of his pants,but he knew enough.. I carry an over the shoulder bag with $$ in a little change purse safety pinned to the inside with a rope/chain..Of course we don't carry our passports with us either..Hopefully, you have photostated both your passports and carry them or have them in separate places. Plus, the hotel has safes if I remember in the rooms..Also, be aware even in the Market of the crowds.. just anywhere.. even in this country.. La Rambla is a magical place and we can let our guard down

We were unable to a book balcony room for a 3 day stay at Hotel Continental and opted for Onix Rambla. They have a special right now, room with buffet breakfast included $119.00 or 80 Euro. Their website shows the rate, but was difficult to book online. Booked through consolidator at 80 Euro rate. 1 block to Place Catalunya, closest Metro - Passeig de Gracia.

I returned from Barcelona earlier this month -- stayed 2 nights after my cruise at Hotel Atlantis. It's in a great location very near Plaza Cataluyna. All the folks at reception speak English and are VERY nice. Rooms are nice, clean, a lovely buffet breakfast is included in the cost. At that time cost was 84 Euros per night (for 2 people). With the cost of breakfast easily being 12E at other hotels, this place was a bargain. I will stay there again!

Times have changed. According to their website, a double goes for 100 euro and breakfast at about 10 euros apiece. But it does look like a lovely hotel.

It's a no brainer for me and other cruisers.. The Hotel Continental...if you can get a room. As in all big cities you should be aware of those around you...Of course on La Rambla with the "living statues" your so fascinated you may not notice any "action".. Last trip two ladies handing out brochures cautioned my husband to be careful.. he had a pocked in the back of his pants,but he knew enough.. I carry an over the shoulder bag with $$ in a little change purse safety pinned to the inside with a rope/chain..Of course we don't carry our passports with us either..Hopefully, you have photostated both your passports and carry them or have them in separate places. Plus, the hotel has safes if I remember in the rooms..Also, be aware even in the Market of the crowds.. just anywhere.. even in this country.. La Rambla is a magical place and we can let our guard down

Thanks for the info. I've pretty much made up my mind and we'll be staying at the Continental but we'll probably take a cab from the airport. Is it really necessary to photostat the passports?

Archived