Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

We have booked Hotel Condes de Barcelona, we havent heard of anyone staying here, it looks nice and RC TA reccomended it to us, I am not too worried what its like anyway, will be spending a lot of time looking around Barcelona then on the cruise.:)

Anyone know anything about the Hotel Jazz? Is it very expensive?

I'm staying here in Oct. for 91 euro. Don't know your dates but you can check here. If using Venure or other type sites you probably will lose flexibility with cancelations. Note the Jazz cancelation policy is 24 hours prior to arrival so you don't pay until you get there. Happy cruising-

http://www.hoteljazz.com/

We have booked Hotel Condes de Barcelona, we havent heard of anyone staying here, it looks nice and RC TA reccomended it to us, I am not too worried what its like anyway, will be spending a lot of time looking around Barcelona then on the cruise.:)

We've booked this hotel for August so maybe you can let us know what you think of it when you return. We used airmiles to book it so it seems like we're getting it for free ;)

How far in advance did you book your pre/post stay hotel reservation?

We're interested in April 2010 and when I checked some online hotel reservation sites it seems that many hotels were listed as "no rooms for that date are available".

Are they really sold out or is it too soon to check?

How far in advance did you book your pre/post stay hotel reservation?

We're interested in April 2010 and when I checked some online hotel reservation sites it seems that many hotels were listed as "no rooms for that date are available".

Are they really sold out or is it too soon to check?

The computer booking systems can't handle dates too far in the future. If you want to book a particular hotel, google it to get its web site and send them an e mail.

Simon

We were in Barcelona 2 weeks ago. We stayed at the Onyx. It is a block and a half from Las Ramblas, right by plaza catalunya. Easy to get to things but not all the noise and crowds. Very modern, very clean

We stayed at the NH Duc De LA Victoria, about 2 blocks off La Ramblas. Quiet street, not far from the Barcelona Cathedral. Very clean, breakfast not included, but they have a buffet every morning for I believe, 20E.

Staff was very accomodating. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

We stayed at the NH Duc De LA Victoria, about 2 blocks off La Ramblas. Quiet street, not far from the Barcelona Cathedral. Very clean, breakfast not included, but they have a buffet every morning for I believe, 20E.Staff was very accomodating. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

$27.00 per person for breakfast is quite a bit of money :eek:

We stayed at the 3* Hotel Lleo (pronounced "Yay-oh"), which is just a few hundred yards from the north end of La Rambla. Frienldy staff, lift to all floors, small rooftop pool and - best of all - nice breakfast buffet available until noon, so if you're out on the town you don't have to worry about getting up late and missing breakfast. All hotels in Barcelona are expensive but this is not one of the most expensive in the area. I think altogether for 3 of us it cost about 180 euros for the night. Taxis can easily be flagged down outside to go to the port. We paid about 30 euros airport to hotel and about 25 hotel to port. We would happily stay here again.

We've booked this hotel for August so maybe you can let us know what you think of it when you return. We used airmiles to book it so it seems like we're getting it for free ;)

Yes, will let you know, I never thought to use air miles, ours have been building up but never used them before.

Yes, will let you know, I never thought to use air miles, ours have been building up but never used them before.

We've used ours for our hotel and flights so you should look into it after your cruise for next time :D

Just go back a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at Condes de Barcelona in L'Exaimple area. Beautiful and very convenient to Metro from airport as well as all over the city. Just buy a T10 card, which will give you 10 rides on the Metro (can be shared) and you can see the whole city, plus take it to the port. Otherwise, you can get a taxi from the hotel to the port for less than 10 Euro.

Just go back a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at Condes de Barcelona in L'Exaimple area. Beautiful and very convenient to Metro from airport as well as all over the city. Just buy a T10 card, which will give you 10 rides on the Metro (can be shared) and you can see the whole city, plus take it to the port. Otherwise, you can get a taxi from the hotel to the port for less than 10 Euro.

Great to hear you liked it. I'll have a look for your other post. Thanks :)

We are staying at the Miramar Barcelona up in Montjuic 6/27/09. I did a lot of research on 4 and 5 star hotels and it was what we thought was the best deal for what you get. The view, the grounds, the rooms, all look amazing for the price. Its not too far from the city but far enough to not have to hear the busy streets. Tripadvisor.com members have given it very high regards as well.

Plus its our honeymoon and we have an in-room bathtub (free standing in the middle of the room) and a jacuzzi on a very large private terrace over looking the city.

Hi i havent stayed in Barcelona before but i will be travelling there in July to go on The Brilliance.I have booked a 2 night stay at this hotel.Its quite reasonable for our family of 3 and they have a shuttle bus to and from the port.Its worth a look.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bcnbr-renaissance-barcelona-airport-hotel/

The website states that the airport shuttle is complimentary but the shuttle to the cruise port is 10 euro per person and a shuttle to Las Ramblas at 6 euro per person.

We would like to book the Continental for our cruise in August but since they nave no shuttle, it will cost us 30 to 40 euro from the airport and another 25 euro to the cruise port. By staying at the Marriot and doing the math and you're saving money as most hotels in the city centre do not have airport or cruie port shuttles. Something to think about:rolleyes:

How do I get to the Barcelona Ports of Call? I'm having trouble finding that area.

there is none on cruisecritic.

You may want to try tripadvisor... and check out Barcelona info...

Has anyone tried priceline for Barcelona hotels? I need one night pre-cruise. Our 16 yr old son will be traveling with us but how difficult is it to fit 3 in one of those Europe hotel rooms??? I really don't want to get 2 rooms.

I've managed to get a 4 star hotel on Priceline for London (great price), but it's not that easy to get one in Barcelona.

We've recently stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete ( our 2nd time), which is located just north of Las Ramblas. Location is great, and a 24 hour buffet is included in the price. We had an inside room for 2 and paid 127 euros. They do have larger rooms in the front which can accomodate at least 3 or more in room. This small hotel ( only about 13 rooms) is very popular with the cruisers and tends to book up quickly.

You may want to check out their website.

I've managed to get a 4 star hotel on Priceline for London (great price), but it's not that easy to get one in Barcelona.

We've recently stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete ( our 2nd time), which is located just north of Las Ramblas. Location is great, and a 24 hour buffet is included in the price. We had an inside room for 2 and paid 127 euros. They do have larger rooms in the front which can accomodate at least 3 or more in room. This small hotel ( only about 13 rooms) is very popular with the cruisers and tends to book up quickly.

You may want to check out their website.

Thanks to somebody on the board several years ago we booked the Hotel Continental and I have never, ever regretted it..This will be our third time at this funky hotel..We always book our cruise, then the hotel and then our beloved Aurielo who I also found on the board. The hotel is very difficult to get into because your right..it's filled with cruisers..The location is wonderful..and we on our last trip discovered the Pizza Marzano next door with fabulous italian food and sangria.. Now, I've heard the hotel has a 24 hour buffet..The owner had told me they were taking over the first floor and I can'lt wait to go back to my home in Barcelona...the end of November..lol BTW the Euro is dropping..so the price willbe much better.Oh yes.. because somebody recommended the hotel and the guide I feel obligated to "play it forward".. and I've been thanked many times..lol The outside rooms with the balcony have two queen sized beds btw

Parrot Mom, does Aurielo offer private tours of Barcelona? Does he have a "standard" tour and what does he charge? Does he have a website? There will be three of us. Thanks . . .

Yes, he does a tour for as long as you want...and we saw more in one day than most tourists see in several..Now, Auriello and Michael (his friend) are very, very p opular with cruisers...so BARCELONA TAXI VAN <info@barcelonataxivan.com> depending on when you need him and if he/they are booked you may be in luck.. One of the things we saw on Michaels tour (Auriello was busy) a old church,etc. etc. but I looked across the square and there was a huge black and white mural.. When I asked what it was.. I was told it was a Picasso Nativity Scene...WOW..and another WOW.. We stopped wherever we wanted for Parrot Pop to take pictures and to look around.. We already have him booked for our cruise pick up at the airport and to the hotel and back to the cruise for the end of November.. Parrot Pops walking ability is not great so we may not take a tour with them this trip.although when he drives you to the hotel you get an ongoing tour. parrotmom@verizon.net Tell him I promise, I really promise not to bring a zillion pieces of luggage..I'm infamous with them for that..lol Don't worry if it takes a day or so for them to get back.. this is their busy season with cruisers..

We stayed two nights after our NCL Gem T/A in the beginning of May. The hotel is on Las Ramblas and we found it very convenient, the staff excellent, our room was with a balcony facing Las Ramblas and never had any problem with noise, etc...

The breakfast was 12 Euros/person and was well worth it the one day we went.

I would stay at the Montecarlo again and highly recommend.

We stayed two nights after our NCL Gem T/A in the beginning of May. The hotel is on Las Ramblas and we found it very convenient, the staff excellent, our room was with a balcony facing Las Ramblas and never had any problem with noise, etc...

The breakfast was 12 Euros/person and was well worth it the one day we went.

I would stay at the Montecarlo again and highly recommend.

What type of room did you have and was the size adequate? We have a Superior room booked for one night before our June 6th Navigator cruise. I have heard the beds are really comfortable.

Parrot Mom, does Aurielo offer private tours of Barcelona? Does he have a "standard" tour and what does he charge? Does he have a website? There will be three of us. Thanks . . .

Forgot to add it depends on how long you want to tour for.. and where.. Monterersarrat (sp) I'm sure is more $$.. BTW the Euro is going down...thank heavens

Archived