Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

Are you talking about a hotel? If it's the Continental an "inside" means you have no view of the La Rambla but of the air shaft I think.

Yes I meant The Continental. I booked a room with Venere.com but if I'm looking at an air shaft, I can always cancel and rebook directly with the hotel. I've already contacted them and thy've confirmed a balcony for the time we're there.

We are going to be in Barcelona the days they have their Festival each year on Sept. 24th. We were planning to stay at the Continental, but after discovering the information about Le Merce taking place all day & night on Las Rambles, we were reconsidering looking for another hotel which may be in a quieter location. We plan to stay 2 nights pre- cruise...any suggestions for hotels a block or two away from Las Rambles ?

Where did you stay when in Barcelona? Will be spending a few nights there and hope I can get some recommendations where to stay fairly close to the port. Please tell me if there are any hotels you wouldn't stay at again too! Thanks for your help.

I used Venere.com to search for hotels, because I like the way they let us select hotels by areas within any city. I chose H10 Universitat because it was located at the top of the Ramblas and close to Plaza Catalunya and we paid only 105 euros per night in 2007 Nov.

Hi.. Time flies by when your cruising.. especially when we are on a Celebrity.. We loved the Galaxy.. the food and the people especially and then did the Constellation.. Remember Herve, the Assist. Waiter.. have you found or seen him yet? We were going to do the Equinox this fall, but changed my mind to do the NCL Gem t/a which has gotten great reviews.. Right now next fall (2010) looking into doing the Equinox probably t/a. We met a couple on the Constellation, Merman and his partner, and we went on the Pacific Princess.. Except for the ports.. it was third rate compared to our Celebrity. the guys were so upset.. Merman wrote a review for Cruisemates which is pretty devastating. Not to mention the people onCelebrity like you are sooo much nicer.. Where are you headed now?

We have tentatively booked the hotel MonteCarlo as well, for our 2 nights pre cruise at the end of August. I am surprised that it has not been mentioned here either???

:confused:It IS Number 1 on Trip Advisor! I would love to hear someone's take on this place!

Also about the NH Duc de la Victoria...which is nicer and why???

Thanks Everyone!

Olwyn

We did a b2b on the Galaxy. We like Celebrity very much and were booked for another cruise on the new Celebrity ship this past January but we cancelled to go on the Queen Mary 2 because we wanted to go on a formal cruise. It was great, beautiful ship, great entertainment, good service and good food.

We are up at Monument Valley for a few days then In July we are going to CA for a few weeks to get away from the heat and taking a short Carnival cruise. We went on Carnival a few years ago with low expectations and were really surprised how good the service and food was.

In October we are doing a ta from barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale on the HA Oosterdam.

Hope all is well with you in MA.

We had originally booked the Equinox for a t/a but I was not happy about the ports,. so that is why the Gem..Have not done Holland America.. tried like heck,, but I'm particular about cabin and location not to mention price and it was too high..But after being on Princess, I so much more appreciate Celebrity...hope to see you soon, Maybe next year for a t/a Oh.. somebody we met on the Constellation is on the Queen right now..

We just got back on Wednesday from our Ruby Princess Cruise. We stayed at the Majestic Hotel in Barcelona. About 20 minutes from the airport. Wonderful hotel, very upscale service. Nice roof top pool. We were able to walk to restaurants and alot of the main shopping areas. Very close to catch the "tourist bus" around the city. The rooms were very large, very comfy, and very plush. We had breakfast included.

Patti

We stayed at the Arts (a Ritz Carlton) on our post cruise stay and loved it. It is not on Las Ramblas and a little out of the way, but frankly I looked being away from the hub bub. We walked to Las Ramblas or it is a very short and cheap cab ride. Beautiful pool if you want some down time. Highly recommend it, but it is pricey.

We stayed at Hotel Continental on Las Rambla based on reviews on cc. The reviews were right on target. It is a no frills hotel but clean, convenient and as previously described "funky". We had a balcony room overlooking Las Rambla. By a stroke of luck, we were there the evening that Barca won the Europe cup! Talk about ring side seats! The celebration was right outside our balcony. We grabbed a couple of free glasses of wine and beer, sat on the balcony and watched a city revel in the victory, safe and sound. Noisy? That night, you betcha. We got very little sleep, but we have memories of Barcelona that will stay with us forever.

Andrea

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is close to the port. It was quite luxurious and the service was great. It is also in front of a large 3 story shopping mall (that also has a supermarket inside) with plenty of restaurants at the mall. On the other side is the Mediterranean Sea. They gave us a water view, which was wonderful. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was quite yummy. I'd stay there again in a minute.:)

We will be staying there also, 3 pre cruise days.

Did you take a cab from the hotel to the port?

We stayed at Hotel Continental on Las Rambla based on reviews on cc. The reviews were right on target. It is a no frills hotel but clean, convenient and as previously described "funky". We had a balcony room overlooking Las Rambla. By a stroke of luck, we were there the evening that Barca won the Europe cup! Talk about ring side seats! The celebration was right outside our balcony. We grabbed a couple of free glasses of wine and beer, sat on the balcony and watched a city revel in the victory, safe and sound. Noisy? That night, you betcha. We got very little sleep, but we have memories of Barcelona that will stay with us forever.

Andrea

I've booked a room there pre-cruise but its not a balcony. I think I'll call the hotel directly and change it to a balcony. How did you guys get there from the airport? We're thinking about taking a cab

I've booked a room there pre-cruise but its not a balcony. I think I'll call the hotel directly and change it to a balcony. How did you guys get there from the airport? We're thinking about taking a cab

We stayed just a bit down the block from Hotel Continental...at Hotel Montecarlo. Took cabs both ways. Cab fares varied...from the airport to the hotel he charged us $25Euros. From the pier to the airport, the driver charged us $35E!! He didn't get a tip since I obviously built it in. It was less distance from the pier to the airport than from the airport to the hotel.

We took a cab. Make sure you have the actual street address (138 Las Rambla?) for the hotel. Since it is a small place, not all drivers are familiar with it. The fare was about 25 euros from the airport to the hotel, and about 17 euros from the hotel to the pier. BTW, don't even think about walking to the pier. There is a veerrrrryyyyy long bridge to cross and while we saw folks walking and dragging their bags, our driver said they are often flagged down to complete the trek.

Hi i havent stayed in Barcelona before but i will be travelling there in July to go on The Brilliance.I have booked a 2 night stay at this hotel.Its quite reasonable for our family of 3 and they have a shuttle bus to and from the port.Its worth a look.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bcnbr-renaissance-barcelona-airport-hotel/

Filangood, We are booked in the same hotel in Nov. of this year.

Please let us know what you thought of the place!

thanks

We took a cab. Make sure you have the actual street address (138 Las Rambla?) for the hotel. Since it is a small place, not all drivers are familiar with it. The fare was about 25 euros from the airport to the hotel, and about 17 euros from the hotel to the pier. BTW, don't even think about walking to the pier. There is a veerrrrryyyyy long bridge to cross and while we saw folks walking and dragging their bags, our driver said they are often flagged down to complete the trek.

I had the hotel confirm a balcony room for us. Curious as to your opinions of Las Ramblas street scene. I've read so much on the pickpocketing that its making me neurotic. Although I have purchased a money belt, how "safe" is the room safe?

I had the hotel confirm a balcony room for us. Curious as to your opinions of Las Ramblas street scene. I've read so much on the pickpocketing that its making me neurotic. Although I have purchased a money belt, how "safe" is the room safe?

We did not stay out past 8 pm(time change adjustment) and I felt totally at ease while we were out. Las Ramblas is an interesting place with open air pet shops, street performers, artists, and flower stands. You will also be in walking distance for the "farmer's market" which is a visual delight. Pickpocketing is real. We saw someone tell the HoHo bus driver that they were pp while getting on at Sagrada Familia. ( I also saw someone getting back on the ship in another port discover their wallet missing.) That said, be smart and be streetwise and you'll be ok. DH has had two instances of ALMOST losing his wallet of his own carelessness, and he knows not to carry one in these situations. (an aside: look at the pac safe products and they only work if you zip and clip) My issue with money belts is keeping everything in it and having to undress to get it. They are fine for "long term storage" but you need access to cash/cards for museum fees etc.

BTW, if you do use the HoHo, they should give you a little coupon book that has discount admissions for many of the major sites. You must present a coupon for each person, so make sure you get a booklet for each fare.

Anyway, this "funky" hotel uses the roomsafe as a night table (hanging from the wall)! We used it and it's just like the ones on the ship or other hotels. I'll try to find a photo for you.

Andrea

Hi Andrea...what are "Pac Safe Products" that you Zip and Clip? Never heard of these!

Thanks for the great post! How was your cruise?

Mickeysgal! How was the hotel Montecarlo??? We are booked for 2 nights there end of August pre-cruise!

Olwyn

We got back from Barcelona Sunday. Another vote for the Hotel Jazz. The rooms are large by European standards, it is boutique style with a lovely rooftop terrace. The aircon is able to be set far cooler than you find in many European hotels too.

We took the airport bus to Universitat, an easy 3-4 minute walk to the hotel and much less busy than getting off at Catalunya (the next stop). The current price is 4.25 euros per person. There is a metro station right by the hotel so its easy to get around and the taxi to the port cost about 20 euros.

Archived