Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

Just returned from our cruise and stayed two nights pre-cruise in Barcelona. Stayed at the Hotel Montecarlo on La Rambla and LOVED it. Was able to grab a Get It Now rate from their website - it was unrefundable at the time of purchase but we only paid 120E per night. Love the rooms, the beds were very comfortable, very upscale bathrooms, staff extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay there again and would highly recommend them. There is a reason they're rated #1 on Trip Advisor - they earned that rating.

I'm thinking about booking a NCL cruise round trip from Barcelona in April. We would like to stay one night pre-cruise, since we're flying in overnight from the states. Hotel Continental looks to be right up our alley. Sadly, the hotel appears to be completely booked that weekend (April 17th-18th 2010). Same with their sister hotel and the Onix. It appears that pretty much all hotels that have been mentioned here are booked that weekend. How odd. There must be a convention or footie game in town? :D

I'm thinking about booking a NCL cruise round trip from Barcelona in April. We would like to stay one night pre-cruise, since we're flying in overnight from the states. Hotel Continental looks to be right up our alley. Sadly, the hotel appears to be completely booked that weekend (April 17th-18th 2010). Same with their sister hotel and the Onix. It appears that pretty much all hotels that have been mentioned here are booked that weekend. How odd. There must be a convention or footie game in town? :D

If you can't find a place...go with the cruise line hotel...probably the only way to go. I did fly in one day and catch the cruise ship, but it was too stressful

Google the hotels and e mail them direct to ask. Due to the computer system they use in Barcelona (or something) nearly all hotels show up as full if you look more than about 6 months ahead. They are all probably available.

Simon

Google the hotels and e mail them direct to ask. Due to the computer system they use in Barcelona (or something) nearly all hotels show up as full if you look more than about 6 months ahead. They are all probably available.

Simon

Ah! That's probably the reason.

I didn't think about that, Parrot Mom. That's a very good idea...

We booked the NH Duc De La Victoria way early for our cruise this year, like 9 months in advance. This is two blocks of Ramblas on a side street. We picked a higher end room and got a corner with two balconies. Others have been dissappointed with this hotel, perhaps because they booked the lower end room.

We're planning on sailing next April.. not sure which week... but we came across the same scenario as you... all hotels booked for those weeks. I guess patience is a virtue and we'll have to wait until the booking process opens. :)

We are booked for nov at continental with a balcony but it was 115e inside was 95e..Now that the eruo has gone up it has gone from $157 to $164..hopefully it will not go any higher..

And the buffet is open 24 hr..that still is a deal compared to ships hotel. We also booked

Aurielio for the pre and the post cruise. Thank you for your recommendations.

We are booked for nov at continental with a balcony but it was 115e inside was 95e..Now that the eruo has gone up it has gone from $157 to $164..hopefully it will not go any higher..

And the buffet is open 24 hr..that still is a deal compared to ships hotel. We also booked

Aurielio for the pre and the post cruise. Thank you for your recommendations.

ALSo, make sure you get the Citi Bank credit card where you get no conversion rate/charge. There is no reason that its the least I can do is recommend the hotel and Aurielo.. it was done for us four years ago..enjoy... meet you at the hotel

At that price I would assume it's outside as the confirmation doesn't say but we don't mind. As long as the room is decent.

POSSIBLY somewhere on this site you will read that the rooms are "funky"..decorated like your great, great, great aunt would. The room is clean, a refrigerator, safe, old fashioned bathroom..a/c, heat and very comfortable beds (firm) two what I judge are queen sized. Understand they have a new "breakfast room" and that is where you'll meet cruisers from all over..Frankly, i wouldn't stay anywhere else..lol

POSSIBLY somewhere on this site you will read that the rooms are "funky"..decorated like your great, great, great aunt would. The room is clean, a refrigerator, safe, old fashioned bathroom..a/c, heat and very comfortable beds (firm) two what I judge are queen sized. Understand they have a new "breakfast room" and that is where you'll meet cruisers from all over..Frankly, i wouldn't stay anywhere else..lol

Typo...:o I mean't to say inside. I've seen both the hotel and guests' pics of the rooms and don't mind the decoration at all. I'm looking forward to it. And I'll take the necessary precautions as far watching out for the pickpockets. One question, how "safe" is the room safe?

We stayed (three of us) at the Hotel Continental 2 days prior to our cruise on NCL Gem that came back on 5/25. One of the things that drew us to that hotel was the reviews on the boards and the hotel said it could accomodate a third person (our son 19), 24 hr free buffet, free pop, wine, coffee, beer, juice and water and close to everything.

Yes, it was close to everything and we had a balcony room overlooking Las ramblas. Great location, except when the socceer team wins and they party all night - wow that was something. wonderful to have wine/beer on your balcony at night watching the people and saving $$$$. However, we probably would not stay there again if we went out of Barcelona. While I wuold recommend this hotel for others (2 people), for us it just wasnt right with three of us. This is what we thought.The hotel was clean, however rooms were too small for three people. Son had a blow up mattress on floor to accomodate him, which was way too short and yes he had pink sheets and covers. Make sure you have your own shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste as they do not supplly any of that in the rooms like some hotels do. Very pink, flowred and old wallpaper galore even on window frames and door handles which was funny. Free internet (one computer) was in lobby/buffet area in corner. Elevator was a dumbwaiter just like I read on other posts, small so it was hard to squeeze 3 people plus 3 suitcases in. Carpet was clean but very old and worn. 24 hr buffet which I was excited about was the same thing all day, everyday - no alternatives. Rolls, breads, dry cereal, ravioli, meat sauce (which I put over the ravioli kinda sweet and pretty good), awesome potatoes w/onions, ham/macaroni salad, rice salad w/vegs and beans, some lettuce, tomatoes, slices of watermelon, cantelope,kiwi, some strawberries, egg quiche. It served its purpose, but we did end up going out to eat anywy. Peter, the owner, very nice nice person and all the staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel is.close to everything for walking, metro, etc so the location is great. But the hotel/ room for us was just too old and worn, even though clean, for us.

We stayed at the Atrium Palace for one night on the way back (everything else was booked) and it was a beautiful, modern hotel, lots of room, a separate lounge for internet just wonderful

Hi Parrot Mom:

sorry I have lost your email address, had a computer meltdown a while back and lost lots of info.

Still remember the tour in Cypress as one of the highlights of the cruise.

Nice to see that you are still cruising.

Bill/Veronica

Hi Parrot Mom:

sorry I have lost your email address, had a computer meltdown a while back and lost lots of info.

Still remember the tour in Cypress as one of the highlights of the cruise.

Nice to see that you are still cruising.

Bill/Veronica

Don't remember any tour of Cyprus, have never been.. but we did a tour of Tuscany, Orvieto and Multipulciano....Did we by chance do a cruise with you when we were in Costa Rica and you went to Sarchi and bought a big cart to use as a bar..

Sorry. I may be confused. How about Athens to Barcelona in Nov of 07 or Barcelona to San Juan in Dec. of 07.

THAT WE did on either the Galaxy or Constellation..I think Galaxy.. is that right...I understand I get cruises mixed up too

What does "inside" and "outside" mean? does it mean the same as on a ship? "inside" meaning no windows????

Are you talking about a hotel? If it's the Continental an "inside" means you have no view of the La Rambla but of the air shaft I think.

Here's another vote for the Jazz Hotel. We were only there one night post cruise with a 6 am flight but it was in a great location, clean and pleasant. Taxi from ship to hotel ran about 18 euros. From there we walked everywhere. Enjoy your trip.

Archived