Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

We are cruising in July and will be spending a few days in Barcelona before and after.

Before the cruise we'll be at Hotel Regina (las Ramblas area) and after at the Hotel Icaria (near the beach).

We stayed at the Gran Havana once (through RCI) and it was very nice. It was within walking distance to most attractions. Breakfast was included but we were scheduled to depart before normal breakfast hours so they packed us a "breakfast to go"--which I thought was very nice. It included ham sandwich (proscuitto), fruit, bottled water, cookies, etc.)

We stayed at the Apsis Atrium Palace pre-cruise booked it through hotel on our own. (RCI) also had a group there booked through the cruise line. We also got a nice price drop for Oct. You just have to look at the Hotels web site frequently.

Post cruise we stayed at the Hotel Jazz-booked ourselves on hotels own website. Got fab rates there as well. We plan to use both of these hotels again.

We stayed at the Regencia Colon Hotel. Small but very clean and comfortable. They offered a breakfast buffet, but it cost something like $15. Just around the corner there was a neat little local cafe that had great breakfasts for under 5 euros.

Aubie

We also stayed in the Hotal Gran Havana thru RCCL. Did two day prestay - nice hotel that is short walk from La Rambla. Breakfast was provided and was more extensive than the normal European breakfast spread.

How long does it take by cab from the airport to Hotel Regina? And how much is the fare? Is there any other way of getting from the airport to the hotel? Thanks.

We are flying in on Wednesday to join the Navigator on Thursday we have been to Barcelona quite a few times to join cruises and we will be travelling from the airport on the train about 2.50 euros per person or T10 ticket 7.50 euros for 10 trips can be used by more than one person .Have a look at Barcelona transport on google it will tell you the best way to get to your hotel .The airport bus is also another option about 4.50 euros per person which will take you to main areas and you can pick up a cab or bus if you need one a lot of hotels are very near to the stops.. Taxis cost about 30 to 40 euros from the airport.

Hello, We stayed at Hotel Continental in November for one night before boarding Voyager of the Seas. We used the Aerobus from the airport. Cheap, easy and drops off very near Hotel C. Folks at hotel were nice and kept our luggage secured until check in time. Hotel is older and not very swanky, but clean and convenient. Happy to have the free water, beer and internet. Buffet was okay. I would recommend this hotel, but would probably stay in another hotel if returning to Barcelona, not because of the hotel, but for the adventure! Like to experience new places!

Good Luck with your journey.

I just got back on Monday from an 11 night on the Brilliance out of Barc. We stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer just off the Placa Catulyna (sp?) and incredibly close to La Ramblas. Their sister hotel, Hotel Regina was right next door and I've heard it is wonderful as well.

The Pulitzer was great--we had super comfy beds, a small terrace, the room was well organized and made great use of the small space. We had robes, slippers (which we took and used in our stateroom on the cruise ;)) and toiletries. The bathroom was quite large as well. We didn't choose to include the buffet breakfast, but it is available, and cheaper if you add it to your room rate when booking. We ate at the Starbucks, right around the corner each morning. The HOHO bus stop was seconds from the hotel and we had an abundance of shops right outside. The hotel staff spoke excellent english and fulfilled every request we made. They also ordered us a taxi to the pier.

Enjoy your cruise/stay in Barcelona. It is a wonderful city, we wished we had more time to enjoy it!! No problems with pickpockets and I highly recommend the HOHO tourist bus if you are short on time and want to see the city. :)

What was the cost of the taxi to the hotel and then to the port?

I really appreciate everyone's help. Don't you just love CC? Everybody is so nice and truly helpful!

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the hotels? By car? and by train?

thank you. :)

We stayed at Hotel 1898 -- great boutique hotel right on Las Ramblas. Great european flavor, flat screen TV, rooftop lounge and pool. We walked to subway stations to sightsee around town.

It is expensive, but a Europe cruise vacation was a once in a generation trip so we weren't skimping:

http://www.hotel1898.com/

Ron

I really appreciate everyone's help. Don't you just love CC? Everybody is so nice and truly helpful!

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the hotels? By car? and by train?

thank you. :)

I was a little nervous about getting from the airport to the hotel as I don't speak Spanish (a little from high school served me well) but I needn't have worried - there are info booths in the airport where they speak some English. Getting a cab was super easy they are all right outside the door to the terminals. Be warned though most of the cabs are compact cars but they are metered (just make sure you have small Euros which you can get right in the airport at the ATM machine) the cab fare (if I recall correctly was about 30 USD - they charge a small surcharge for eachbag. I'm not sure tipping is required but it was appreciated:). It took about 15 to 20 mins to get to the section of town with the hotels - Have a great trip. We really loved Barcelona and can't wait to return (just make sure you watch your belongings - they do have pickpockets):eek:

hey everyone, thanks so much. we're doing 3 nights pre in september before the gem and i've been looking at hotels forever. they are all so expensive and since i've not been there, i don't know where to stay. the continental sounds great and looks close on the map. i really appreciate everyone's help w/this and for the head's up on pickpockets.

We stayed at the Atrium Palace a few years ago and liked it. It is near Catalunya Square so you would need to take a cab to the port. However, unless you are on a small boat that can go into the old port, you would need a cab anyway since the new port is a long walk from the city.

We also loved th3 Atrium Palace, the included breakfast was a feast of hot and cold meats, eggs, plenty of fresh juice and cava........I would return in a heart beat. Service was excellent, free internet, and they did our laundry for such a small cost after our five nights. We walked all over the city, very well located and at a good price on their website.

I found Euro Park hotel using Hotels.com and loved the place. Was there Feb 13-16,09 and after the cruise for one night. It is not close to pier but taxis are cheap and the hotel is only 1/2 block from Girona subway station. It is also 1/2 block from a very nice grocery-market where I saved money by buying groceries and storing them in the mini fridge. The place was small but very clean. Breakfast only but too costly for me so had only A la carte coffee and roll. Took second cup of coffee to room and ate groceries.(next time will carry water heating coil and ceramic cup and my own coffee)

Rita's cafe or restaurant is only three blocks away and opens at 8:00 or 8:30 for upscale but affordable dinner. The hotel is on Arago just south of the Diagonal.

A hint. I flew into Barcelona three days prior to RCI cruise and bought a three day Barcelona pass at the airport. It included the RENFRO train from airport to main subway station and then I took the subway to Girona station. !/2 block to hotel. Easy if you have only small amt of luggage. I am 63, female, retired teacher, and travel usually alone. I am not a heavy packer 25" suitcase plus carry on. Taxis are $30 from airport and to ship and are regulated by city so are no problem with getting stung. (my Barcelona pass had retired the morning of my transfer to the ship) Taxis plentiful. Just hold up a hand and step toward the street or have hotel call for cab)

The Barcelona pass included the subway, buses, cruise on the Gondoliers harbor cruise boats (not to be confused with Italy's gondolas) also the elevator in the Colon statue at the foot of the Ramblas which looks so thin that many do not know that there is a three passenger elevator and holds about ten persons at the top viewing platform. WONDERFUL!! plus coupons for reduced restaurant and museum entries shopping etc.

Look up Hotel Europark on the internet and view the black and white striped rooms. Neat decorating. I will stay there next time. Much cheaper than closer hotels and if you are a subway person or a public transport person, you can save beaucoup bucks!

We also loved th3 Atrium Palace, the included breakfast was a feast of hot and cold meats, eggs, plenty of fresh juice and cava........I would return in a heart beat. Service was excellent, free internet, and they did our laundry for such a small cost after our five nights. We walked all over the city, very well located and at a good price on their website.

According to their website, you have to pay extra for the breakfast but not included in your price as your post seems to suggest

Hotel Pulitzer was awesome!! Staff friendy and eager to help, room wonderful with limited space, small balcony, food great and the bartender in the bar was great. Close to Las ramblas right off Catalunya square and walking distince to everything. Would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is close to the port. It was quite luxurious and the service was great. It is also in front of a large 3 story shopping mall (that also has a supermarket inside) with plenty of restaurants at the mall. On the other side is the Mediterranean Sea. They gave us a water view, which was wonderful. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was quite yummy. I'd stay there again in a minute.:)

Second that! We loved the Hilton and found the subway station around the corner and brought you right down town.Quite easy to get around. Also a bus stop for the all-day scenic tour bus right across the street. Wondeful baths also. Tapas bar on the patio mall was great.A+++

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is close to the port. It was quite luxurious and the service was great. It is also in front of a large 3 story shopping mall (that also has a supermarket inside) with plenty of restaurants at the mall. On the other side is the Mediterranean Sea. They gave us a water view, which was wonderful. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was quite yummy. I'd stay there again in a minute.:)

How far is the Hilton Diagonal Mar from Las Ramblas and is it easy to get there by taxi?? also how far is it from the port and airport?? Thanks in advance

We also stayed at the Atrium Palace on 2 occasions and loved the hotel. Friendly staff, bar/restaurant onsite.. free internet for guest use-- close to everything of interest and if you're interested, this is one of the few hotels that has a full spa and pool onsite. The rooms were quiet, nicely appointed and fairly large (by European standards). The staff was also very accommodating with getting our rooms ready for early check in as we arrived around 11am.

Also, RCCL uses this hotel so they have a Rep in the hotel lobby to assist and if you need a ride to the ship you can purchase transfers on the RCCL bus.

We also stayed at the Atrium Palace on 2 occasions and loved the hotel. Friendly staff, bar/restaurant onsite.. free internet for guest use-- close to everything of interest and if you're interested, this is one of the few hotels that has a full spa and pool onsite. The rooms were quiet, nicely appointed and fairly large (by European standards). The staff was also very accommodating with getting our rooms ready for early check in as we arrived around 11am.

Also, RCCL uses this hotel so they have a Rep in the hotel lobby to assist and if you need a ride to the ship you can purchase transfers on the RCCL bus.

We were there a few weeks ago and it has changed hands to another chain. I think Acta. Everything was the same - but I am not sure whether RCCL still uses it - some cruise lines do though!!!

No, does not include breakfast, but loads of cafes in the area - and one attached to the hotel!! Depends on whether you want a big breakfast or not. We had cappucinos and danish in the cafe - so nice and continental!! Inexpensive!!

Where did you stay when in Barcelona? Will be spending a few nights there and hope I can get some recommendations where to stay fairly close to the port. Please tell me if there are any hotels you wouldn't stay at again too! Thanks for your help.

Ahhhhhh, to be planning a stay in Barcelona. I envy you.

On our first stay, we booked Hotel Arts. Beautiful but very pricey. Check it out if you want luxury.

We also stayed at Hotel Colon and Hotel Continental.

Both fun and you get a feel of being in Barcelona. I believe all three hotels have web sites so you can see for yourself which ones for you.

At Hotel Conental, we requested a balcony room overlooking Las Rambalas. Lots of fun!

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself whichever you choose.

Barcelona is our favorite city, second is London.

Definitely recommend the Hotel Torre Catalunya, opposite the main railway station/subway/underground/airport shuttle bus stop and a brilliant hotel. On booking in ask for an upgrade to the high executive rooms. The difference is worth every penny. We only paid a very small amount extra, something like another 8 euros a night for this. You can see all the way up to Mount Tibidabo and along several of the main avenues. The higher you are the less noise from the street. Bathrobes and slippers in the room and nice toiletries, huge room, a bath, huge separate shower and two basins. The bathroom is as big as some hotel rooms! It does have a supermarket right next door also. On returning to Barcelona I would certainly stay here.

I hope that helps and enjoy Barcelona, one of my favourite cities.

Happy cruising.

Archived