Hotel in barcelona, where did you stay?

What was the cost of the taxi to the hotel and then to the port?

We took the Aerobus from the airport to the Placa Cat. the cost was only a couple of Euros each, but it would be a bit of a struggle if you have more than one case each (unless they strap together) as it is a bus, with some luggage storage, but they do not provide any help with your luggage.

The taxi from the hotel to the pier, including tip was about 30 euro.

hey everyone, thanks so much. we're doing 3 nights pre in september before the gem and i've been looking at hotels forever. they are all so expensive and since i've not been there, i don't know where to stay. the continental sounds great and looks close on the map. i really appreciate everyone's help w/this and for the head's up on pickpockets.

Check out the web site for the Silken Gran Havana. I think it's under their "packages" they have a deal for 3 nights or more. I just booked it for November before our transatlantic on VOS. I'm paying less than $100 per night. We did not take the breakfast buffet. We don't eat a big breakfast and the buffet is expensive.

Check out the web site for the Silken Gran Havana. I think it's under their "packages" they have a deal for 3 nights or more. I just booked it for November before our transatlantic on VOS. I'm paying less than $100 per night. We did not take the breakfast buffet. We don't eat a big breakfast and the buffet is expensive.

Did you ever stay at this hotel?

According to their website, you have to pay extra for the breakfast but not included in your price as your post seems to suggest

our breakfast was included on a special advertised on their website along with a dsicounted per nite offer. It was wonderful, pays to keep checking back after booking.

I'm loving this thread as we will be traveling to Barcelona prior to our BOS cruise in Sept 2010. Have never traveled to Europe before and all of this hotel information is wonderful. Thanks CC members.

Patty

I really appreciate everyone's help. Don't you just love CC? Everybody is so nice and truly helpful!

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the hotels? By car? and by train?

thank you. :)

By taxi it took about 30-45 minutes from port to hotels in the Las Ramblas area. From hotel to port about 30 minutes.

Figure about 25-30 Euros for each trip mentioned above

Las Ramblas is only a couple of miles from port. We did this just last week and the fare was 17 euro mostly because of heavy traffic on Las Ramblas. I'm sure if the cabbie had wanted to "speed it up" he could have bypassed Las Ramblas since we were staying on the far side of Catyluna Plaza from the heavily tourist part. However, he had been in line for a long time to get a fare and, of course, wanted one to the airport. We were at the "end" of the line so he knew he couldn't get us to the hotel and get back and get another fare as the passengers would all be gone.

Our fare from the hotel to the airport was 40 euro and we feel we were overcharged. The meter said something like 22 euros and we realized our two suitcases were extra but he pointed to a "fare chart", jabbered a lot in Spanish, so what can you do. Needless to say, his tip was very modest--like rounded up from the 39 euro he said was the fare to 40 euro.

Tucker in Texas

From the taxi stand just around the corner from the Continental to the port was just under 12 euros this past March.

I believe if you ask the hotel to call a taxi for you, the meter starts running as soon as the taxi BEGINS the trip to pick you up at your hotel and continues to run until you are at your destination. I could be mistaken, but this is what I was told. We didn't want to chance an unnecessary extra charge and so we walked the short distance from the hotel to the taxi stand where there were many taxis waiting.

I believe we paid about 175 US at the Hotel Jazz when we did our transatlantic. We were upgrade to the corner jr suite. I really liked it. Newly renovated. Big room. Just down the street to Las Ramblas, yet far away enough that it wasn't noisy. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Just back from Barcelona earlier this week and we stayed at the Hotel Jaaz off the Place de Catalyuna. It is very central, we got a good rate with Venere, the staff are very friendly and we left our luggage with them the day we returned allowing us to wander Barcelona until we had to leave for the airport at 6pm.

We stayed 1 night in hotel NH victoria not far off the rambla's what we didnt realise that its was F1 weekend in Barcelona and hotels slightly more expensive but it cost 190 euro for 3 for one night. was a lovely clean and modern hotel.

We stayed at the Regencia Colon Hotel. Small but very clean and comfortable. They offered a breakfast buffet, but it cost something like $15. Just around the corner there was a neat little local cafe that had great breakfasts for under 5 euros.

Aubie

We stayed 1 night in hotel NH Victoria not far off the Ramblas what we didn't realize that its was F1 weekend in Barcelona and hotels slightly more expensive but it cost 190 euro for 3 for one night. was a lovely clean and modern hotel.

Our last visit to Barcelona was November, 2008 for only one night. (We stayed in NYC for four nights prior. All things considered, more reasonable.) The Regencia Colon was clean, reasonable, and fairly well located. The rooms are small. Not sure which cafe Aubie is referencing, but for dinner try Babia, a great little place with primarily locals eating there. It is almost next door. Rollo speaks excellent English and is very helpful. The food is very reasonable and good.

A year before we stayed at the Victoria de la "something." for three nights. The location was better, but my DW did not like some things there. The first night we were given room 420, which was extremely small. I got us changed for the next two nights to a good room. The location is about two blocks off the Ramblus. There is a very nice "Beagle Shop" for breakfast a half block away.

Be aware that a lot of hotels in Barcelona no longer offer free breakfast.

For us the ideal location is to be within 5 minutes of the Ramblus, and close to Cataluna (sp) Plaza. The hop on, hop off bus leaves from the Plaza.

Look at TripAdvisor. It has hotels and locations. I also advise printing and taking a Google map showing your hotel. Show this to the taxi driver at the airport. On our last trip, we had a very difficult time with our driver. He wanted to let us off two blocks away from our hotel. We had to really resist and used the map to good effect.

You can get your Euros at an ATM at the airport. Some advise buying Euros here, but we have never had any problems finding ATM's anywhere in Europe. The exchange rate seems to have always been fair.

Bob :cool:

We stayed 1 night in hotel NH victoria not far off the rambla's what we didnt realise that its was F1 weekend in Barcelona and hotels slightly more expensive but it cost 190 euro for 3 for one night. was a lovely clean and modern hotel.

We also stayed at this hotel and confirm the review above. Great hotel; we'll stay there again. We also stayed at Avenida Palace, also a nice hotel, but the room was smaller and the hotel is not as centrally located as de La Victoria.

We are on the 6/21 Med out of Barcelona (I cannot find a mingle thread, BTW) and staying at the hotel arts - the ritz carlton property.

if you are talking about the Voyager cruise coming out of Barcelona we have an active thread going through the Meet and Mingle http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=804847&page=8

Onboard in 35 days!

Rick

We rented a three bedroom two bath apartment for a great price in a great part of town!!! There were four of us. We all loved the place. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!! Free Wi-fi. Washer/dryer combination. Fully equipped.

Email me at libramitch at the yahoo place. I will be happy to provide you with more info.

We rented a three bedroom two bath apartment for a great price in a great part of town!!! There were four of us. We all loved the place. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!! Free Wi-fi. Washer/dryer combination. Fully equipped.

Email me at libramitch at the yahoo place. I will be happy to provide you with more info.

You can rent an apartment for 2 or 3 nights??

We also loved th3 Atrium Palace, the included breakfast was a feast of hot and cold meats, eggs, plenty of fresh juice and cava........I would return in a heart beat. Service was excellent, free internet, and they did our laundry for such a small cost after our five nights. We walked all over the city, very well located and at a good price on their website.

Is this the Hotel Acta Atrium Palace located on Gran via de les corts catalanes? Have this hotel booked for 3 nites first week of june for voyager. Any tips? Front or back of hotel? Do you know what time they will let you check in? This is close to everything right? HOHO bus? Aerobus? Restaurants? Thanks so much!

Todd

tdtanc@aol.com

Archived