One Word: WOW!

How many passengers will she carry? And how many crew? I'm not a "fan" of large ships, but I may just need to cruise on her once. Those pics are amazing!!!!! I think her name is appropiate "Oasis of the Seas" is right! Or maybe they should have named her "Oasis from the World"

How many passengers will she carry? And how many crew? I'm not a "fan" of large ships, but I may just need to cruise on her once. Those pics are amazing!!!!! I think her name is appropriate "Oasis of the Seas" is right! Or maybe they should have named her "Oasis from the World"

Here ya go:

Ship Statistics

Name: Oasis of the Seas

Builder: Aker Yards

Country Built In: Finland

Capacity: 5400

Gross Tonnage: 222900

Stabilized: Yes

Average Speed: 22 knots

Length: 1184 feet

Beam: 154 feet

Number of Passenger Decks: 16

Number of Inside Rooms: 478

Number of Outside Rooms: 2222

Number of Pools: 4

Voltage: 110/220

Non-Smoking Dining: Yes

Non-Smoking Ship: No

Here ya go:

Ship Statistics

Name: Oasis of the Seas

Builder: Aker Yards

Country Built In: Finland

Capacity: 5400

Gross Tonnage: 222900

Stabilized: Yes

Average Speed: 22 knots

Length: 1184 feet

Beam: 154 feet

Number of Passenger Decks: 16

Number of Inside Rooms: 478

Number of Outside Rooms: 2222

Number of Pools: 4

Voltage: 110/220

Non-Smoking Dining: Yes

Non-Smoking Ship: No

Thank you Alphakitty - I'm even more impressed with the statics. If we cruise on her I may never get off!

I think it's going to be great for families and many people will like it, I just think it's too big for my taste. I can't see it feeling like you being on a cruise. Voyager class is my favorite and I like Freedom class, but even Freedom is a little big for me. I just can't see a ship that's three times the size of Radiance feeling like a ship. I think it just depends on what you like about cruising, I like the "at sea" feeling, not the amusement park.

But it really does look exciting for yall that are into the mega-mega ships.

That is what that step stool is for! LOL:D

If I see a crew member go by on stilts, I will know they either work in the laundry room, or are a Clown in the Parade. ;) :D Or do both?

I just think it's too big for my taste.

I can't see it feeling like you being on a cruise.

I think it just depends on what you like about cruising, I like the "at sea" feeling, not the amusement park.

That sums up exactly how I feel. I go on a cruise to enjoy being at sea, not in a mall or on a skating rink.

But, different strokes for different folks! That's why I'm glad there are so many different size and class of ships----something for everyone! :)

I would never say I'm into mega ships or amusement parks at sea, but I want to sail on Oasis because it's there....sorta like climbing a mountain. LOL

I also like smaller ships and the feeling of being "at sea". I don't think it's all or nothing. This time Oasis, next time...who knows? ;)

I will spend some time on my balcony gazing to the sea and sky and I'm sure I'll feel like I'm on a ship. I see us cruising on Oasis most likely just once. But it is such an innovation that we feel we need to check it out. Also, considering my connection to the name, we just had to go. :D

Ditto

Come on guys, you have to admit that it is very impressive. I probably won't cruise on her because I wouldn't want to be on a ship that has so many people, but it is still a beautiful creation.

Such nasty comments, if you don't like it, stay away from these posts.

Am I missing something?

I would much prefer it for cheerleaders to be banned from these travel advisory forums:confused:

This surely will be a very impressive ship!! :eek: As a previous poster said it is a destination unto itself. One would surely need well more than a week on her to get to see and do everything! Sounds like a B2B is in store for cruises who can afford to do so. Hope all of you enjoy your adventure sailing on her. :)

Archived