MTD experience?

Has anybody done on the my time dinning? I'm cruising on the Liberty on August and I just learned about it so I decided to join the plan but I want to know your experiences, pros and cons. We are just two people cruising and we really like privacy and wanted to have 100% a table for two.

We love MTD. Yes, you can reserve your own table for 2. If you want the same table each night they would probably prefer if you were to arrive at around the same time each night, otherwise they will try to seat you in the same area so that you have the same waiting staff.

We had to wait one night as we turned up later than we normally did..... the joy of MTD is that you can do just that.

Service was excellent. Some nights we opted to sit with others and share stories. Another time we opted for WindJammer. The flexibility was what we really appreciated.

You will not have any problem getting a table for two. However, in some areas of the MTD dining room, two's are very close together...say 4 inches. We just tried MTD on Mariner and liked the flexibility. After 2 nights, we had meet another couple we wished to dine with once at a table for four and we were accomodated by the head waiter. Another night we came earlier than we had before and were assigned to a lovely table at the front, by the rail, looking out over the chandelier and down to the captain's table. We reserved that table for the rest of the cruise. That table was NOT scrunched in next to other 2 top tables. You might go the first day on board and get the number of a table you like, then ask to reserve it. We will continue to do MTD, tho' the service was not consistant with the 3 different tables we had, but we were finished each night in about 1/12 hrs.

We did this on Indy recently and had a different table every night. We requested a table near the window and got one almost every night. The later you go, the better choice of tables, most people seemed to go in at 6pm but we like to vary our dinner times, the earliest being 7pm and the latest 8.45pm. We loved the flexibility of this and we could always have a table for 2 if we wanted it.

mar915, We did MTD on the Jewel of the Seas recently and were a party of 8, they requested we confirmed our reservation for each night, our time slot was 7-7:30 and the dinner pretty much took 2 hrs...seems to be a lot more flexibility if you are only a 2 or 4 person table which I think MTD was probably designed for.

Did MTD Jan on the Serenade. We loved the ablilty to show up when we wanted and sit for a meal at our pace. We had the same server for the trip. We still got the personalized service as traditional dinning, but like i said before it was our choice to show up when and take as long as we wanted.

Our only complaint:

We choose to eat around 7-745 each night. We didn't like the fact that is seemed like a hear of cattle leaving and the end of first seating, and another coming in for the start of second seating. We would love to see a seperate area for MTD to prevent this. It was neat to see the wait staff break down, and set up the table with very few people in the dining room. You got to see lots of personality from staff that you normally do not see. This was a VERY VERY small draw back to MTD.

We have 2 additional criuses scheduled (3 nighter and a 2 week B2B) and will do MTD for both. So it didn't affect us that much.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived