Problems with new Oceania Web Site

boerneDQ

Is anyone else having problems with the new Oceania web site (I tried looking throught the other thread and got lost:rolleyes:)? It does not show the cruise I had previously put in the Already Booked on the old site and when I try to add it, it never stays. I also get random errors when trying to look at excursions, etc.. Is it just me?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Is anyone else having problems with the new Oceania web site (I tried looking throught the other thread and got lost:rolleyes:)? It does not show the cruise I had previously put in the Already Booked on the old site and when I try to add it, it never stays. I also get random errors when trying to look at excursions, etc.. Is it just me?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Did you report it to Oceania?

Thanks,

Charlotte

when you go to your Oceania club login there is a notice

My Oceania Club Account

As a valued member of the Oceania Club, we ask that you bear with us until all past voyages are entered into the website.

There have been a couple of excursions that we tried booking on line. The web site lists them as sold out. We called O and we were told that the excursions are not sold out and that they're having several problems with the new site.

Thanks,

Charlotte

Yep, I have registered my cruise many times. It does not stay in my account and I get an error if I try to Manage my account.

And no I have not called because I hate calling into call centers of any kind. Will do so only in emergencies. I expect them to test and fix their stuff.

I had the same problem and emailed the webmaster. I got an auto response two days ago but nothing since. I didn't see the "As a valued member of the Oceania Club, we ask that you bear with us until all past voyages are entered into the website."

My cruise isn't until next year so I'll just not log in for a month or so.

Cynthia

On Oceania's old website they had lots of virtual tours of most of the spaces. I hyperlinked to those in a PowerPoint presentation so that I could easily show our parents all about our upcoming cruise and the beautiful ship. There seem to be very few virtual tours available on Oceania's new web site (however, I can still hyperlink to some of the old tours). Does anyone know if they are going to be using those again?

Whoever redesigned their site must have been brought in on the cheap. The site wasn't debugged and probably not even beta tested. They can't even figure out how to load past cruise info. Gives one a warm feeling, doesn't it!

I did call and speak to customer service. I gave my username and 2 days later I received a call that the booking had been added to my existing account.

Using that account at the Oceania web site I can log in and "see" the booking for upcoming cruise, but not able to manage the cruise.

Frustrating! Finally, I created a brand new account using a different email and then added the new booking. This worked like a charm for managing my upcoming cruise.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it does work.

I did call and speak to customer service. I gave my username and 2 days later I received a call that the booking had been added to my existing account.

Using that account at the Oceania web site I can log in and "see" the booking for upcoming cruise, but not able to manage the cruise.

Frustrating! Finally, I created a brand new account using a different email and then added the new booking. This worked like a charm for managing my upcoming cruise.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it does work.

but not all have another email address to use......

Well...I'm finally getting a little frustrated with it...

I leave for my cruise in 32 days and I am down to that timeframe where I get a bit obsessive about making sure all my "ducks are in a row"...

I can log on, but my booked cruise doesn't automatically show up...so, then I have to enter in my booking number, etc. and the cruise comes up...EXCEPT there is no information of value with it...all of the links--manage the cruise, documentation, shore excursions, etc. just lead to error messages...I can't even get my cabin number to pop up anywhere (I always like to reassure myself that it's still there unchanged)...

I just hope they get it figured out soon...

BTW, I DO seem to be able to access a lot of "interactive tours"...

OK, so just precisely what fantastic information am I missing out on by not using this new website?

I booked in January, made my final payment in March, leave in two weeks, and never have bothered to go on the website. What is the added value? What does it provide that my cruise documents do not?

Why all the concern about this issue?

BTW, I DO seem to be able to access a lot of "interactive tours"...

Bruin Steve,

The only virtual tours I can find are of the suites and staterooms. If you've been able to find others on the new website please let me know how & where you found them. I've tried going through "Explore Ships" but, again, all I can find are the berthing quarters. Thanks.

Bruin Steve,

The only virtual tours I can find are of the suites and staterooms. If you've been able to find others on the new website please let me know how & where you found them. I've tried going through "Explore Ships" but, again, all I can find are the berthing quarters. Thanks.

Go to the "Interactive Deck Plans"...To the right, under "Explore Nautica", in this case...

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/nautica/lifestyle/default.aspx

There are links on each deck to different venues, then click on "Launch Virtual Tour" to the right...

I love the new website! The new expanded functionality helps me find what I need pretty quick. I’ve been on 3 Oceania Cruises and the site looks and feels like the ship. Kudos to those who put it together. It is obvious that much thought went into creating it.

Go to the "Interactive Deck Plans"...To the right, under "Explore Nautica", in this case...

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/nautica/lifestyle/default.aspx

There are links on each deck to different venues, then click on "Launch Virtual Tour" to the right...

Bruin Steve,

Thanks found it!

However...As others have found, I too cannot log onto my booked cruise now.:confused:

bmattingly must be the "creator" of this new site and that person is the only one who can do everything they want with it. I agree with whoever said they should have left the original site alone. It was lots of fun and also contained all the information we would ever need. This one is a nightmare.

OK, so just precisely what fantastic information am I missing out on by not using this new website?

I booked in January, made my final payment in March, leave in two weeks, and never have bothered to go on the website. What is the added value? What does it provide that my cruise documents do not?

Why all the concern about this issue?

Well, typically you can book excursions, check your room assignment (I.E. see if you've been upgrades or accidently changed), check air bookings... and things like that for changes that may not be noted in paper documentation.

But since I can't use the the manage your cruise function, I can't say what you can do on O's site.:o

Well, typically you can book excursions, check your room assignment (I.E. see if you've been upgrades or accidently changed), check air bookings... and things like that for changes that may not be noted in paper documentation.

But since I can't use the the manage your cruise function, I can't say what you can do on O's site.:o

Thanks, happy cruzer, for responding to my question. We did not use Oceania for air or excursions, so I guess that's why I simply did not understand all the concern regarding the website.

I also had a problem with the new website. We received the new Oceania brochure which showed a Panama Canal cruise call

Temples and Treasures going from Valparaiso Chile to Rio de Janeiro. I was interested in which ports they stop at so went into the website and had a hard time finding the cruise because they have the wrong map. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

I have an existing reservation and I was a registered user of this web site. Once the web site changed, I can no longer log on to manage my reservation. I checked my password and it is correct.

I even tried to create a new account using another e-mail address and a new password and still I can't log on and view my reservation. I have contacted customer service by e-mail tonight.

Is anyone else having all these difficulties still?

I have an existing reservation and I was a registered user of this web site. Once the web site changed, I can no longer log on to manage my reservation. I checked my password and it is correct.

I even tried to create a new account using another e-mail address and a new password and still I can't log on and view my reservation. I have contacted customer service by e-mail tonight.

Is anyone else having all these difficulties still?

Short answer - yes.

Long answer - I guess we'll just have to wait for the site to work properly. The question is - how long is reasonable?

A very nice customer service person from Oceania called to help me with my web site problem - not being able to use "My Oceania" or "Already Booked" section since the new web site conversion.

What I had to do was to delete all cookies (I use Internet Explorer version 8) and then log out of Internet Explorer and start over. I was able to log in after that and manage my reservation.

Just wanted to pass this along in the hope that it might help others.

Archived