recycling clothing among cc members

Another point of etiquette would be to wait until the items have actually been offered, rather than asking for something in someone's personal photos.

Wow. Just. Wow. I remember Marie saying that had happened. Some people weren't raised quite right. Bless their hearts.:rolleyes:

Goin' old school - and country here - but there was an Ed Bruce song that has stuck with me "There's girls, there's women, and there's ladies." No, it's not grammatically correct, but it's so true. I strive to be a "lady." I fall short sometimes - I have, at times, what can be referred to as a potty mouth. I like to giggle and cut up and laugh at things some may find inappropriate - kind of a girl feature, I guess, but it helps when your days are spent with 1200-plus people all under the age of 12. And I can be catty - a woman characteristic, I suppose. But above all, I hope I'm a lady.

I do know I would NEVER conduct myself like these gals I've been reading about who've shown their true colors to Marie or any other "ladies."

That said, I got an email when I turned on my computer this morning asking me if I "was the *(%&($" who emailed a nasty note to Marie. While I hesitate to even give that nonsense airtime, if one person wonders that, perhaps someone else might. I know curiosity is running rampant, and I guess it's been narrowed down to someone who's a size 12 and who posted after Marie posted about the email. Let me assure you, I am not, have not, and would not EVER, under any circumstances do such a thing. While it's really no one's business but mine and the person who so graciously has given me things, here's my recycling loot to date: Marie has given me a GORGEOUS Michael Kors handbag and a pair of Badgley Mischka shoes that I'll be proudly wearing in my wedding June 15. I've been given a pair of earrings from Shorbr and Lisa is sending me her chocolate brown dress. Marie offered me a pair of GORGEOUS Jimmy Choo shoes I'd never, in a million years, be able to afford, and I graciously declined, explaining that I wouldn't feel right taking such an extravagant gift because the heel would more than likely be too high for me. How I've thanked these women for their kindness is between them and me.

I've enjoyed the banter and "sisterhood" in this thread as much as I've enjoyed the gorgeous clothes, shoes, handbags and such I've seen posted here. It tickles me when I see one of you score a gorgeous dress .... and if my wedding doesn't get here soon, I'm going to lose enough weight, I might be clawing right there alongside you for one of Marie's dresses! For every post you see from me, there's as many personal emails sent back and forth. I have come to know these and other ladies as dear friends.

There's another word that goes in the "girls, women, ladies" line - and there's one among us. She works anonymously ... the email address isn't one I've been able to find on CC ... And she's going to push me too far. I hope this one bad apple doesn't ruin this thread for all of us. Not just for the clothes - that's completely secondary to the conversations I've enjoyed with you all. It truly has been like sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting with so many of you. But this chick, she's gonna chap me. And then my friends, it's on.

Judy...how someone could even ask such a thing is so beyond me...I can't even breathe...You are absolutely one of the most appreciative women here and I feel so humbled that you count me as your 'friend'.

But on the funny side of things, if you keep on losing all that weight, you will be sure to fit into one of Marie's dresses. Like you mentioned yesterday, it would be so nice to one day get together and plan something and wear something that we had recycled to us, and sit down with some nice wine.

BUT, don't allow that person to have power over you...ignore the dreck...that is a word my husband and I use to describe an ignorant person, and one who has no class. Her day is coming and it is coming fast. And I feel I know exactly who it is...tee hee

I'm cleaning out the closet and have come across a number of sweaters (including sleeveless, long sleeve, and cardigans) from Ann Taylor outlet and Talbots in sizes extra small and small (some petites) that I am no longer using. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post pictures.

I think we need to stop speculating and accusing. It is starting to feel like a witch hunt and we are not behaving any better than those who have behaved badly.

Now someone has gone as far as writing an accusing email to another member which was hurtful.

We have shown our support for Marie and others who have gifted and will continue to be grateful to all the generous women here. We have shown how we feel about people who lack manners and courtesy.

Throwing hints and accusations is neither helpful or productive and when misdirected, hurtful. The person who did this to Marie and those who have been rude in the past know who they are and have to live with themselves.

Lets show what ladies we can be and move on now.

Edited by callydanny
spelling

I'm cleaning out the closet and have come across a number of sweaters (including sleeveless, long sleeve, and cardigans) from Ann Taylor outlet and Talbots in sizes extra small and small (some petites) that I am no longer using. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post pictures.

I am a small I would love to see photo's..:p:D

Its always freezing on the ship.

Thank you ;)

I think we need to stop speculating and accusing. It is starting to feel like a witch hunt and we are not behaving any better than those who have behaved badly.

Now someone has gone as far as writing an accusing email to another member which was hurtful.

We have shown our support for Marie and others who have gifted and will continue to be grateful to all the generous women here. We have shown how we feel about people who lack manners and courtesy.

Throwing hints and accusations is neither helpful or productive and when misdirected, hurtful. The person who did this to Marie and those who have been rude in the past know who they are and have to live with themselves.

Callydanny,

I second that. It is time to go on to what this board is all about, the generosity of love of sharing with others.

I hope everyone has a great day today. I know I will because 2 of my kids and grandkids are coming home tomorrow for a week and I am besides myself right now.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

I think we need to stop speculating and accusing. It is starting to feel like a witch hunt ...

I was not trying at all to be accusatory. I don't know if the person who emailed me actually believed I was the person who emailed Marie or if she was just fishing. but I would hate it if anyone legitimate thought I'd done something so crass. I wasn't so much addressing the person who sent me the email as the board at large. You'd also posted things that had been sent to you that were rude.

Throwing hints and accusations is neither helpful or productive and when misdirected, hurtful.

I can't say with certainty who it is, who sent you rude emails, me a rude email, or was a total turd to Marie, but I do know she has to be "lurking" ... and since the email she sent me from is an anonymous mess, I knew she'd see my response if I posted here. Her email was hurtful. Not so much being called the b word or being accused of something so terrible. Hopefully, I've presented myself here so that others know I'm a person of character. I didn't give hints as to who I think it is, because, having been wrongfully accused - whether it's legit or a hunting expedition - was no fun. You're right, she knows who she is. And sometimes a person's worst punishment is being themselves!

I'm all for that.!

Look, I didn't mean to continue the nonsense. Perhaps if you knew how I felt when I opened that email, you'd understand my reason for posting. I'm sorry if I've offended the rest of you. Have a blessed day.

Edited by heyitsmejudy

I actually meant the email someone sent you was hurtful.......and never should have been sent to you. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

And now back to our fabulous sharing thread!

Edited by callydanny

Ok, you're absolutely right!

I actually meant the email someone sent you was hurtful.......and never should have been sent to you. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

And now back to our fabulous sharing thread!

I understand. Pre-wedding stress, basket of emotions and then that nonsense. I'm a wreck right now.

I'll try to post some dresses and shoes this weekend. I believe I have size 10 dresses, maybe some smaller sizes and shoes size 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by indygolfer1

I'll try to post some dresses and shoes this weekend. I believe I have size 10 dresses, maybe some smaller sizes and shoes size 6.

Ooo, can't wait to see the dresses - just my size! I'm planning a closet cleanout next week while DH is out of town and it's time to get ruthless!

Ooo, can't wait to see the dresses - just my size! I'm planning a closet cleanout next week while DH is out of town and it's time to get ruthless!

I know that feeling!

Good morning ladies,

I am not going to post the name of the lady who email me. It is not my nature. I know who she is and she know what she did. Most of my posts are on this thread, I know most of you; believe me it was not one of you.

Callydanny, I agreed with you. There were some ladies who never bother to thank me or let me know they have received the package. They are on my black list

Judy, thank you. I consider you are my friend too. I am sorry for the pinheads who email you.

Shorbr, I am sorry for the delay. I got the box; I will ship the package tomorrow.

Ok ladies! Let's recyling.

Marie

I still not receive my pictures from the ship :mad:. I have to post the picture of the model.

This is David Meister size 8. i wore it one time.

8969364285_92f8a4d6d2_z.jpg

This is also David Meister size 8. I never wore it.

8969379387_6f4c8cb2ff.jpg

I accidently bought two of this dress. Doreen received one of them. I never wore this one. It is size 8

8970567334_50d179aa86.jpg

This is also David Meister size 8. I wore it one.

7000843320_7f7730dfe8_z.jpg

This is size 8. I wore it twice.

7146941415_3561ae7c37_z.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101

I still not receive my pictures from the ship :mad:. I have to post the picture of the model.

This is David Meister size 8. i wore it one time.

8969364285_92f8a4d6d2_z.jpg

This is also David Meister size 8. I never wore it.

8969379387_6f4c8cb2ff.jpg

I accidently bought two of this dress. Doreen received one of them. I never wore this one. It is size 8

This is also David Meister size 8. I wore it one.

7000843320_7f7730dfe8_z.jpg

This is size 10. I wore it twice.

7146941415_3561ae7c37_z.jpg

Oh Marie you have such great taste! Wish i was a size 8 :)

I don't know what happened to my last post but I will try again. Hii Marie I would LOVE dibbs on the blue dress for my Hawaii cruise if it is still available. You are such a beautiful and wonderful lady. Thank You Marie for offering such wonderful gowns.

Edited by AzCruiseGurl

Marie, I just have to tell you that you have exquisite taste! You always look so stylish and elegant. Your husband is one lucky man!

On a separate note, I have a question for all of you; I'm looking for some advice. In December of last year my brother passed away at the age of 54 from heart failure caused by all of the cancer treatments he received as a teen. It was fairly sudden and very tragic; he was an incredible man and one of my best friends. We are taking his widow on a cruise at the end of June to try and give her some smiles; she has been completely devastated and lost since his death. They were married for 30 years. Anyway, it has been my routine to buy gifts for all the ladies sailing with me to celebrate our cruise; last year it was cruise ship Pandora beads. They were a huge hit! I would like to do something special for my sister-in-law for this cruise, as she has never cruised with us before. Do any of you have suggestions on something special that I can get for her that would be meaningful and would remind her how much we love her and are there for her? I thought about a spa certificate, but I'm just not sure. I sure could use some suggestions!