recycling clothing among cc members

Marie, I just have to tell you that you have exquisite taste! You always look so stylish and elegant. Your husband is one lucky man!

On a separate note, I have a question for all of you; I'm looking for some advice. In December of last year my brother passed away at the age of 54 from heart failure caused by all of the cancer treatments he received as a teen. It was fairly sudden and very tragic; he was an incredible man and one of my best friends. We are taking his widow on a cruise at the end of June to try and give her some smiles; she has been completely devastated and lost since his death. They were married for 30 years. Anyway, it has been my routine to buy gifts for all the ladies sailing with me to celebrate our cruise; last year it was cruise ship Pandora beads. They were a huge hit! I would like to do something special for my sister-in-law for this cruise, as she has never cruised with us before. Do any of you have suggestions on something special that I can get for her that would be meaningful and would remind her how much we love her and are there for her? I thought about a spa certificate, but I'm just not sure. I sure could use some suggestions!

Kate, I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my youngest brother suddenly almost four years ago, he was 36, so I understand your pain. You are so thoughtful to do this for your sister-in-law! The first thing that came to my mind was a spa treatment. I think spending time on a cruise with your family will show her how much you guys care as well. That is such an awesome thing for your to do!

Good morning ladies,

I am not going to post the name of the lady who email me. It is not my nature. I know who she is and she know what she did. Most of my posts are on this thread, I know most of you; believe me it was not one of you.

Callydanny, I agreed with you. There were some ladies who never bother to thank me or let me know they have received the package. They are on my black list

Judy, thank you. I consider you are my friend too. I am sorry for the pinheads who email you.

Shorbr, I am sorry for the delay. I got the box; I will ship the package tomorrow.

Ok ladies! Let's recyling.

Marie

Hi M,

Oh please, no worries. I will be happy to get it at anytime. Enjoy your guests for the week.

Judy, I finally sent the earrings by Fed Ex. I just could not find a box to send them in. You should be getting them tomorrow...

I have tons of shoes...in mint condition. I wear a lot of high heels though. I wear 8 1/2 in a shoe, but sandals size 9. I hate the back of my heel to hang over. I'm off tomorrow, going on a date with my hubs...but will take pictures and try to post.

Kate, I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my youngest brother suddenly almost four years ago, he was 36, so I understand your pain. You are so thoughtful to do this for your sister-in-law! The first thing that came to my mind was a spa treatment. I think spending time on a cruise with your family will show her how much you guys care as well. That is such an awesome thing for your to do!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Reading your post I know you know exactly how I feel. Some days I think I'm doing ok, and then I get knocked down by a song on the radio or something I see on TV that makes me want to call him. He and I were both HUGE NE Patriots fans; we used to gab on the phone during the games (he lived in NY so sometimes I had to give him play-by-plays since he couldn't get the game!)

I think I like the spa treatment idea too. I think she is a bundle of knots right now, and could use a good massage! My sister and I just want her to know that she is still part of our family. Her parents are both gone now, so she feels alone with the loss of her husband. She is concerned that she will no longer be a part of our family, and that's just not the case.

You know what is really sad? Last year I was invited to go on a cruise with my brother and sister in law, but they were cruising during spring break week (she is a teacher) and I didn't feel like going then. How I wish now I had gone and spent that week with my brother :(

Marie,

Thank you so much. I will be waiting for my package to come.

I can't wait to wear this dress on my cruise in Dec.

I sent you another email.

I really don't know why my emails keep going to your spam folder but I am just very glad you signed on here when you did.

I hope you have a very blessed day.

And again Thank you so much.

Gerry

Marie, I just have to tell you that you have exquisite taste! You always look so stylish and elegant. Your husband is one lucky man!

On a separate note, I have a question for all of you; I'm looking for some advice. In December of last year my brother passed away at the age of 54 from heart failure caused by all of the cancer treatments he received as a teen. It was fairly sudden and very tragic; he was an incredible man and one of my best friends. We are taking his widow on a cruise at the end of June to try and give her some smiles; she has been completely devastated and lost since his death. They were married for 30 years. Anyway, it has been my routine to buy gifts for all the ladies sailing with me to celebrate our cruise; last year it was cruise ship Pandora beads. They were a huge hit! I would like to do something special for my sister-in-law for this cruise, as she has never cruised with us before. Do any of you have suggestions on something special that I can get for her that would be meaningful and would remind her how much we love her and are there for her? I thought about a spa certificate, but I'm just not sure. I sure could use some suggestions!

Please accept my sympathy in the loss of your brother. You, along with your family are special in that you still make your sister-in-law feel a part of the family. Not many families are like that and that fact alone gives her bragging rights.

I think your suggestion of a spa certificate is lovely. Also, I was thinking about having flowers and a nice bottle of wine on her arrival is nice too. I'm sure she would appreciate that gesture. She most certainly will feel the love that your family has for her.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thank you so much for your kind words! Reading your post I know you know exactly how I feel. Some days I think I'm doing ok, and then I get knocked down by a song on the radio or something I see on TV that makes me want to call him. He and I were both HUGE NE Patriots fans; we used to gab on the phone during the games (he lived in NY so sometimes I had to give him play-by-plays since he couldn't get the game!)

I think I like the spa treatment idea too. I think she is a bundle of knots right now, and could use a good massage! My sister and I just want her to know that she is still part of our family. Her parents are both gone now, so she feels alone with the loss of her husband. She is concerned that she will no longer be a part of our family, and that's just not the case.

You know what is really sad? Last year I was invited to go on a cruise with my brother and sister in law, but they were cruising during spring break week (she is a teacher) and I didn't feel like going then. How I wish now I had gone and spent that week with my brother :(

Oh, you brought tears to my eyes! My brother had two children and especially after losing my mother also a couple year ago I try to keep in touch with his kids as much as possible, just to keep them a part of our family as well. I'm sure your sister-in-law knows how blessed she is to still be a part of your wonderful family! (((hugs)) to you!

Hi Marie I just noticed you have two blue dresses featured I am interested in the one of the photo of you and your husband. Thank You Marie.

Hi Azcruisegurl,

I am sorry all the dresses are gone. Usually they email me when they see my post. I am not always on CC. Perhaps next time.

Take care.

M

On a separate note, I have a question for all of you; I'm looking for some advice. In December of last year my brother passed away at the age of 54 from heart failure caused by all of the cancer treatments he received as a teen. It was fairly sudden and very tragic; he was an incredible man and one of my best friends.

So sorry for your loss . I think the spa certificate would be perfect . I was widowed suddenly and the stress does wear you down . A little pampering is a perfect & thoughtful idea .

Hi Azcruisegurl,

I am sorry all the dresses are gone. Usually they email me when they see my post. I am not always on CC. Perhaps next time.

Take care.

M

No worries Marie its the first time for me. Now I know how it

works. I will keep my eyes open for one of your generous post

with all of your gorgeous dresses..

Thank you for sharing

Kate,

So sorry for your loss. I think more than anything, spending time with you and family will be soothing for your sister in law and I think the spa idea is great too because 1) it is relaxing and 2) maybe she can get a facial or her hair done or something to make her feel special. Sometimes just a subtle change in hair style, a mani/pedi or a relaxing massage is a nice change.

Debbie

I was away from my office and missed seeing Marie's post. However, I'm feeling very very lucky to have my gorgeous blue gown and am happy that all of you lucky ladies will get to feel like Cinderella on your next cruise, just like I will!

Marie, you are the epitome of a lady, and a real peach, too!

There is a username starting with P that fits that criteria.

My user name starts with a "P" and it sure wasn't me. I rec'd one of Marie's dresses and it fits beautifully. I've thanked Marie via email and sent her postage reimbursement this week... just sayin in case ya'll have me on the witch hunt list....lol. BTW, am I a lurker since I am new and just joined CC? I feel badly now for getting a dress since I was new on board.:o

My user name starts with a "P" and it sure wasn't me. I rec'd one of Marie's dresses and it fits beautifully. I've thanked Marie via email and sent her postage reimbursement this week... just sayin in case ya'll have me on the witch hunt list....lol. BTW, am I a lurker since I am new and just joined CC? I feel badly now for getting a dress since I was new on board.:o

That's the problem with stuff like this, everyone starts pointing fingers, everyone thinks they have to make sure everyone else knows they're innocent ... there is no "list" ... I've deleted the email and then emptied the trash because I kept reading over it, almost punishing myself, trying to find some clue as to the identity of someone who, quite frankly, I'd have more respect for had she had the balls to identify herself. So I've let it go. I should have just rest assured Marie knew it wasn't me and left it at that. But I was so shocked when I read it, I reacted knee jerk. I didn't mean to stir the pot, and I certainly didn't intend to get everyone pointing fingers even more than they already were.

I don't think you're a "lurker" and I don't think you're the person who emailed me.

Enjoy your beautiful Marie dress. Don't let one moron ruin that score! I'm taking a cue from Marie and moving on. We've given enough air time to the incident and the person who caused it. Marie's a class act and, I think, the all of us are decent people. I don't plan to give the one who isn't so much a decent person any more opportunity to be toxic to the relationships that have formed as a result of this board.

Be blessed.

Judy:)

Edited by heyitsmejudy

Oh My Goodness! I am touched! Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I am feeling better. No worries ladies; I am not going to let one petty person to stop me from doing what I love; put a smile on someone face. The Goodwill is getting plenty of my husband's computer items. My husband is addicted to Fry’s. He bought three tablets since we got home :rolleyes:.

Marie

Too many sizes between your petiteness, Marie, and your wonderful dresses, sadly. Wish I were smaller but that's not likely to happen. Seeing this post makes me think I need to get on your husband's list since tablets aren't sized. Bet the Goodwill store loves to see him bring things in!:) :D You are truly a wonderfully generous couple!

I posted on this thread YEARS ago but it's been coming up on my 'participated' threads since I'm now using Tapatalk. What a generous group of women! A local tv station highlights random acts of kindness -- this is such a beautiful example :)

I have taken bags and bags of clothes to Goodwill in the last year but the next round of dresses will be posted here. Maybe in the next 2 weeks. My dresses will be size 12. But I tell ya - Marie's dresses may be enough to keep me on my diet. I'd love to be able to raise my hand for a size 8!!

I posted on this thread YEARS ago but it's been coming up on my 'participated' threads since I'm now using Tapatalk. What a generous group of women! A local tv station highlights random acts of kindness -- this is such a beautiful example :)

I have taken bags and bags of clothes to Goodwill in the last year but the next round of dresses will be posted here. Maybe in the next 2 weeks. My dresses will be size 12. But I tell ya - Marie's dresses may be enough to keep me on my diet. I'd love to be able to raise my hand for a size 8!!

Size 12 and a fellow Southern Belle! I like you already!

Welcome back!

And I agree about Marie's dresses. I'm working on it. Fortunately, her shoes handbags fit me PERFECTLY!:D

Kate, I lost my husband in December too. He was 64. My heart goes out to you and your SIL. I know what you are going through. The spa idea sounds great. Why don't you go together for a girls spa day. She might really like that. It is going to be hard for her to go on this cruise without her husband. I think the more you can do things with her, the easier it will be for her.

Oh Kate....I was hurry to get out of the house yesterday I did not see your post. I am so sorry for loss. I have experienced personal losses in my life and I can only imagine how you feel :(.

I think the spa idea is wonderful, but instead of the certificate, I would book it and go with her. If it is were me; I would prefer your company.

Take care and have a great day :).

Marie

Kate, I lost my husband in December too. He was 64. My heart goes out to you and your SIL. I know what you are going through. The spa idea sounds great. Why don't you go together for a girls spa day. She might really like that. It is going to be hard for her to go on this cruise without her husband. I think the more you can do things with her, the easier it will be for her.

Judy, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to lose your husband. I think I will plan a spa day for the 4 of us; it sounds like a wonderful idea. My greatest wish is to see her laugh at least once the week we are cruising - I haven't heard her laugh since Scott died. I hope you find some reasons to laugh, or at least smile, too :)

I am sorry for your loss. I am not sure how I would handle the loss of my husband. I hope you are doing OK.

I agreed with you about spending time with Kate's sister in-law.

Take care

M

Oh Kate....I was hurry to get out of the house yesterday I did not see your post. I am so sorry for loss. I have experienced personal losses in my life and I can only imagine how you feel :(.

I think the spa idea is wonderful, but instead of the certificate, I would book it and go with her. If it is were me; I would prefer your company.

Take care and have a great day :).

Marie

Thank you so much, Marie. I think I am going to take your suggestion of a spa day for all of us. Lord knows we can use the relaxation. I am so nervous about this trip; I want us to have a good time but I am so afraid that we won't be able to get my SIL to have any fun. She is so devastated and sad. She cries all the time. But, we sure are going to do our best. I tried on some of my swimsuits and dresses this morning; I've lost some weight since Scott died. Most of them fit ok, but some are just too big. I think I will try to post some on here if I can find the time to take some pictures!

Hope everyone is having a nice day. It is cool and rainy here in Maine.