Morning Coffee? Oh my!

white.sand

I am wondering where I will get my morning coffee? :eek: I am assuming that we will not have coffee makers in our rooms. I also assume that you can order it from room service.

But I usually drink more than a cup each morning and sometimes like a cup with dessert in the evening too. ;)

We will be on the Carnival Conquest 7 day Carribean.

Will I be able to get my much needed coffee?

Does it cost extra?

Is it available throughout the day or only in the morning?

PLEASE TELL!

Thanks!

Coffee is available all day long. I find the room service coffee better than the coffee at the buffet. What I normally do is place the order for my first cup(s) through room service and use it as a wake up call. This coffee is free.

There is also a "coffee stand" where you get can coffee and coffee based drinks but that you have to pay for.

Thanks so much!:D I can begin to relax now! So excited...can't wait!

Yes, room service coffee is free, but it is important to tip (with cash) the person who delivers it. They are not included in the tip pool that settles up at the end of your cruise.

For me, a 'free' cup of coffee costs $1, or all the coins in my pocket!

I cannot remember clearly, but I think it is delivered with a cup and a full carafe so that you can enjoy more than one cup. That may vary with the cruise line. (we were on Carnival)

I am wondering where I will get my morning coffee? :eek: I am assuming that we will not have coffee makers in our rooms. I also assume that you can order it from room service.

But I usually drink more than a cup each morning and sometimes like a cup with dessert in the evening too. ;)

We will be on the Carnival Conquest 7 day Carribean.

Will I be able to get my much needed coffee?

Does it cost extra?

Is it available throughout the day or only in the morning?

PLEASE TELL!

Thanks!

My wake up call is always room service coffee delivered at the time I've selected. They bring a large pot, not just single cups....at least on Carnival they do. You can order 2 pots if you want....

It's a great way to wake up.

There are no in-cabin coffee pots on Carnival...no need....

We always call for coffee and danish 1st thing when we get up. Delivery is normally 10 minutes or less for us. When they get busy it can be ½ hour. On early port days they are usually busy so we pre-order.

If you pre-order with the door hangar on Carnival they will not call before they come so you need to be ready for the knock at the door. We normally tip $2 for the delivery.

The carafes hold about 5 or 6 cups each. Other cruise lines that we've been on (Celebrity, NCL, Princess and RCI) have the same general set up.

It's amazing how the morning delivery seems to make a cruise more special:)

Charlie

So...is there any french vanilla creamer on board the ship for my morning coffee or should I bring my own?

Good Question! I was wondering the same thing but decided not to ask for fear so sounding like a spoiled brat! :p LOL!! I figured I could do without it for one week if it wasn't available.

So...I am glad you asked! :D

But can anyone tell me if I should bring my own french vanilla coffee creamer on the ship for my morning room service coffee?
I don't use 'em but I can't recall seeing the specialty creamers on any ship. I'd pack 'em.

Charlie

I don't care about add-ins because I like my coffee black! What I really want to know is: IS THE COFFEE ANY GOOD? I'm used to drinking fresh ground French Roast coffee - nice and dark. Suppose I won't be so lucky? I'm not spoiled a lot but I do spoil myself with good coffee!

IS THE COFFEE ANY GOOD?

Generally speaking, the average coffee at the buffet is made from a syrup. It is better than instant, but not anything like fresh brewed. Many folks use creamers and sweeteners and so may not notice, but for those who drink it black, it is passable, but not wonderful. :)

Room service may offer brewed coffee.

One of the bars onboard may have a coffee machine. ($$) We usually find one that is open about 6 am (Carnival or Princess).

There may be a coffee kiosk onboard. ($$) Not SBUX, but similar.

I don't care about add-ins because I like my coffee black! What I really want to know is: IS THE COFFEE ANY GOOD? I'm used to drinking fresh ground French Roast coffee - nice and dark. Suppose I won't be so lucky? I'm not spoiled a lot but I do spoil myself with good coffee!

IMHO, the answer is no. In saying that I would probably just say different would be a better word. It works for me but I'm relatively easy when it comes to coffee as the more one travels, the more flexible you must get (just as long as my beer's cold).

I've talked to various Maitre d's about coffee. On Carnival at least the coffee is from syrup and the same machines are used for the buffet, dining room, and room service. However, I think that the room service coffee tastes best (maybe just because it's room service:p).

My personal award for the "Crappy Cup" is Princess buffet coffee. We enjoy sailing Princess but have never had a good cup of coffee (room service coffee is better tasting).

Charlie

I have not seen any french vanilla creamers on any cruise we've been on. (or other flavors)

I've just read a thread about bringing your own large coffee travel mug and I pictured myself filling it with the little individual creamers. I prefer the liquid over the powder kind.

But can anyone tell me if I should bring my own french vanilla coffee creamer on the ship for my morning room service coffee?

okay, if this doesn't come out right understand it is my first time! :)

I am a "can't get up without my coffee" person. I love getting ready with my coffee by my side. LOL thanks for the information. Yes i will bring my own "flavored" creamer in case the coffee isn't quite tasty. : )

I've been on the Imagination and Glory, and I don't remember room service having the flavored creamers. I think the coffee/pastry shop has the flavoring syrups for their coffee, but none to go. I swtiched from flavored coffees to green tea, and now do both, so next cruise I'll probably take my own. Depending on how much you use, the crew is great in refilling the ice buckets or collapsing coolers for soda, wine, medications, etc.

Archived