Fins and Flippers

PinkJellyFish06

I think we have pretty much decided that we are going to Fins and Flippers in Roatan. Should we book our reservations now? Or should we just wait untill we get there. I think we would rather just wait untill we get there & do all the paying then, but I am just making sure that there is no change of it getting booked up. Are there only a certain amount of people that they allow on the Fins and Flippers Island?

ALSO, any pictures for your trip there would be greatly appreciated !

... any pictures for your trip there would be greatly appreciated !...

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=657695 for the list of pictures posted on the previous thread titled Fins an Flippers Island at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=657695. You can click on each jpg address to see the picture.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Fins and Flippers was Great. It was the best part of our cruise. We just got back on Sat. June 6th. The pool was great and the beach area was nice. The food was great and a lot of it. We had four of us and it only cost $30 for lunch. I would highly recommend this for anyone going to Roatan.

Kat, do you think as far as the swimming was it good or if a nice beach is what we want should we go somewhere else??

I have not been there. I was just trying to help the OP out with info about where they could find another thread and pictures.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Kat, do you think as far as the swimming was it good or if a nice beach is what we want should we go somewhere else??

If you re looking for a beach with water toys and a lot of activity then F&F isn't the right place. the beach at F&F is beautiful, but it is peaceful and quiet.

All of my Roatan pictures including F&F are here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/rclewen/Day4RoatanHonduras?feat=directlink

As mentioned, it was our favorite part of the trip. So calm and sureal. Beautiful island. The beach area is calm and pretty, but not active as in sand volleyball, etc.... It is corally in most parts. Did have rows of lounge chairs to use. The beach right next to the pool is the most common one.

A very nature like island.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a little confused about Fin and Flippers. Exactly what are you paying the $20 or $25 for? It sounds like you get nothing but to sit in a chair -- no food, no drink, no good beach, etc.

I am a little confused about Fin and Flippers. Exactly what are you paying the $20 or $25 for? It sounds like you get nothing but to sit in a chair -- no food, no drink, no good beach, etc.

For our money F & F was a bargain - fabulous snorkeling, a private beach that is so breathtakingly beautiful, great swimming pool, friendly people, and even a small collection of animals to enjoy! The pina colada I had was so wonderful and only $5. True we had to pay for the shrimp, but can't remember ever enjoying them more. But, if you want a party atmosphere, this is not the place for you.

Ah, ya, we also got sand fleas - so take your insect repellent :)

Enjoy

The 20$ or 25$ basically just get's you into the island. They have lots of animals to see & it is a small, but beautiful island that you can walk around. They also have beach chair's to sit in that are right by the water.

I agree with RonL, this beach isn't really the place for alot of activity, except snorkeling. I felt that this was WELL WORTH the 20$ we payed. There is some amazing snorkeling to be seen here.

Name of the Game, I am not the best swimmer either but I really enjoyed snorkeling here. Even my mom, who does not really swim at all, got in for a little while to look at the fish. It is very shallow in quite a few places. There is an underwater rope for you to follow. You can stay in the shallow water or go into the deeper water, whichever you prefer. Also, you can rent lifejackets there. I didn't really put mine on, just floated on it, which worked pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
When I check out Carnival tours, Fins and Flippers is not listed. Is there a Carnival tour that will get me to this island without scuba diving? Would love to know. TIA

Just contact them on the web.

http://www.finsandflippers.com/en/index.html

It's not an excursion. You can see the island and beach from the ship if it's at the pier in Coxen Hole. About a 5 minute walk to the "ferry" dock. If you're not there until next year and are on the Legend, you'll probably have to take a cab from the new Carnaval pier in Mahogany Bay. Short trip 3-3.5 miles.

PinkJellyFish...is the rope to guide you out to the drop-off? When we were there in Sept 2008, I don't think they had one, if they did I didn't see it. It was kind of fun threading your way through the coral canyon to get to the drop-off. We will be going back to Roatan next Sept (2010) and I can't wait. I would love to get scuba certified before then and dive the drop-off.

• 3 weeks later...

We also aren't swimmers. I'm considering visiting but snorkling would be the only attraction for us. We don't like sitting on a beach doing nothing. Are there enough fish close to shore in the shallows to make it worthwhile for us? Do you know how much it is to rent the snorkling vests? I didn't see them mentioned on F & F website.

Archived