Pipedreams62 Just Landed In Boston

pipedreams62

Just got back to the room. It started raining in the seventh inning. Thank god I had those el cheapo panchos I brought with us. We left Florida this morning and it was 90 degrees. Tonight it was 57 and raining brrr. I guess we're wimps? A great evening at Fenway the energy there is unbelievable. Had a good burger before the game at Game On restaurant. The sox win and life is good. Goodnight all.

Pipedreams, we're all on tenterhooks (sounds Dutch, doesn't it) to hear about your cruise as it unfolds. You'll get to cruise with Sail, too. Sounds like a blast. You deserve a wonderful time, if only for the many time you and your graphics have distilled some of these conversations down to their true essence. You and copper 10-8 should have your own show. Give the Maasdam a hug for me.

Mrs. M.

Sorry we couldn't give Jay a prettier day here in Boston but it is raining and raw here today. Had e-mail from Maasdam today and it is crummy in Bar Harbor today but is supposed to be nice for us on Sunday. :)

You saw a GREAT game last night.... sorry you were in the pouring rain. Fenway is so glorious on a lovely summer day/evening.

Went the trolley. We woke up this morning and decided to take a trolley that stops at all the popular Boston attractions. (my wife talked me into it.I hid in the back of the trolley so I wouldn't be seen. The weather cleared up and it was a gorgeous day. We walked the north end,saw Paul Reveres house and visited some old churches. We went back to Fenway park for a tour but there was miscommunication (the tour guide never showed up) no biggie I'll have to go down to the lobby in the morning for a refund. We're going to go eat now. Go to sleep and then board the Maasdam in the morning. I will make a new thread when we get aboard. Thanks to everyone for all the best wishes and Bon voyages. Check you later.

Hi Pipedreams!

Bon voyage. Now, when you are in Cape Breton, there is a sail cruise you should not miss. It's crazy. There are bald eagles that come to the sailboat. I'm not kidding; it's wonderful! Have a great sailaway and don't spend too much time talking to us. Your loved ones are most important. Yeah!:)

I agree with Redmond Cruiser:

"I'll be going through withdrawal, not being able to enjoy your excellent picture comebacks."

I will really miss your posts, so a propos! I can't wait to see what fabulous picture pipedreams comes up with.

Sue

[quote name='pipedreams62']Greetings all- We landed at 10:30 am and took a $30 cab ride to the hotel. We're going to Fenway tonight to see the Yankees play the Red Sox. We will tour around Boston tomorrow and then we board the Maasdam on Sat.

I will be trying to give back to the boards and report live from the ship,so if one is able to pry themselves away from fuel charges,trays in the Lido,and most importantly Barf Fests.. I'll talk to you soon.[/quote]

Welcome to Boston, and Bon Voyage from Boston, pipedreams!

We've just arrived at our home in the Boston area this evening...sorry it wasn't earlier so that I could see the Maasdam sailaway!

Have a great cruise...and I hope you enjoyed our fair city.

Archived