Tell me about the Aqua Spa menu

eandj

We haven't been on the Summit and not familiar with the Aqua Spa restaurant. Is is busy all the time or a good alternative to get away from lunch or breakfast crowds in the buffet?

What would they serve for breakfast and lunch? Is grilled fish/sandwich an option everyday? Does the menu reflect low fat choices or an abundance of veggies?

We haven't been on the Summit and not familiar with the Aqua Spa restaurant. Is is busy all the time or a good alternative to get away from lunch or breakfast crowds in the buffet?

What would they serve for breakfast and lunch? Is grilled fish/sandwich an option everyday? Does the menu reflect low fat choices or an abundance of veggies?

Hi:) It is a great alternative, you have it right:D

Breakfast, egg white omlettes, muselix, fresh fruit and bagels,

muffins, juice and coffee. I know there are other items but I cannot

remember them all. I think they have oatmeal too.

Lunch...they have some wonderful cold plates, chicken and fish

and yes veggies too. I know folks have said they offer the plates

hot too but I have only seen cold. It is very, very good though:)

Low fat choices, meats and veggies.

Actually, no sandwiches that I recall. Its served on a plate with

example, grilled chicken with a side of cuscous (sp) and you can

get bread and fruit too.

I love the Aqua Spa Cafe:)

I reeeeally love grilled fish of all kinds. Not baked and floating in butter! So this may be a wonderful alternative for me. Could my DH join me if he brings in something from the buffet or outdoor grill? Am I right that the Spa cafe is on the same deck but the other "end" of the ship from the buffet?

I reeeeally love grilled fish of all kinds. Not baked and floating in butter! So this may be a wonderful alternative for me. Could my DH join me if he brings in something from the buffet or outdoor grill? Am I right that the Spa cafe is on the same deck but the other "end" of the ship from the buffet?

Hi,:) yes, it is forward on the ship and the regular buffet is aft.

He could do that yes. You will see entrances on both portside

and starboard.

Oh, your fish? Its grilled and not floating in butter, so no worries about that:)

I just read something on another thread and you might enjoy it:)

I forgot about it but it is delicious. They make granola and yogart

parfaits that are just yummy:D

We were on Century 2 months ago and I would eat at the Aqua Spa every day for lunch.

The dishes were fresh and imaginitive and very nice looking! I always felt great eating my lunch there.

It was delicious but healthy.

I have two favorite dishes from the Aqua Spa Cafe ... a wonderful alternative to the main buffet and, of course, you can walk back and forth carrying your food to the same table of your choice.

There's the tempeh taco ... which I always took two of ... and which may be an acquired taste but, for me, was the perfect shell with tempeh and a really fresh salsa and veggies.

My second favorite ... or maybe my first ... was the couscous, slightly sweetened, in a delicate wafer cup of thin cookie ... with raisins and figs. It was the loveliest and healthiest of desserts.

I'm going on the Millennium in November and this place will be my first choice for lunch before looking into the buffet.:D

fern

I had read that they were serving dinner at the Aquaspa. Are they still doing that?

My only objection to eating there is the steamy feeling in that area.

Hi:)..when was this? In all my sailings, I don't recall ever seeing

any dinner hours posted.

Hi:)..when was this? In all my sailings, I don't recall ever seeing

any dinner hours posted.

I don't remember when. Maybe a couple of years ago. I haven't been on an Mclass ship in a while, so I didn't experience it myself. But we will be on the Millenium this winter, so I was asking.

Yes, on M and C Class the Aqua Spa Cafe is free. It's located right aft of the Aqua Spa (T-Spa) Pool outside the Spa facilities.

It can be a bit confusing because the new S-Class has the Aqua Class which inculdes exclusive dining at the Blu dining room. You pay extra to be Aqua Class.

But the Aqua Spa Cafe on the Summit is free and it's great. I did hear someone say it was open for dinner, but it wasn't on the Infinity in Jan 09 when we were on, and here is what the Celebirty website says:

Fresh Choices

Quench your thirst with a fresh fruit smoothie or enjoy a crisp salad topped with colorful vegetables. From seafood and lean meats to soups, salads and fruits, the AquaSpa Café serves light fare with a wide range of appeal.

Breakfast is served from 7:30am-10:00am and for lunch from 12:00pm-3:00pm.

- Available on Millennium-class ships and Century only.

Denny

Yes, on M and C Class the Aqua Spa Cafe is free. It's located right aft of the Aqua Spa (T-Spa) Pool outside the Spa facilities.

It can be a bit confusing because the new S-Class has the Aqua Class which inculdes exclusive dining at the Blu dining room. You pay extra to be Aqua Class.

But the Aqua Spa Cafe on the Summit is free and it's great. I did hear someone say it was open for dinner, but it wasn't on the Infinity in Jan 09 when we were on, and here is what the Celebirty website says:

Fresh Choices

Quench your thirst with a fresh fruit smoothie or enjoy a crisp salad topped with colorful vegetables. From seafood and lean meats to soups, salads and fruits, the AquaSpa Café serves light fare with a wide range of appeal.

Breakfast is served from 7:30am-10:00am and for lunch from 12:00pm-3:00pm.

- Available on Millennium-class ships and Century only.

Denny

By the way, I was wrong about C-Class being free. The Aqua Spa Pool is inside the Spa area and you pay either for access throughout the cruise or daily. I think Suites get it free. Not sure. It is smailler but is very nice on the C-Class. Sorry about the bad gouge.

M-Class is free and has the Aqua Cafe next to it.

Denny

Have sailed on M class ships and I think the Aqua Spa Cafew is the best food venue on any ship I've sailed and wearecurrently planning aou 25th cruise. Anyone can make rich food taste good. The offerings in the aqua spa cafe are lite, beautifully presented and delicious. Every day there is an assortment of cold plates, one hot offering that you order and is made fresh for you (takes about 20 minutes), and a couple of desserts. As a previous poster said the desserts are lite, small, manny are rice or couscous based and very satisfying. My favorite lunch was the poached salmon but everything was very good. There is also a station with fresh cut bread that I kept away from but was very tempting. The cafe is located in the solarium and isnever very crowded.

Irene

Archived