Odyssey Questions, Musings, and Trip Reports

JaneBP

It really is the quietest ship I have ever been on. The doors do not open in your direction. I think you will be fine. The only really annoying thing about the elevators (they are huge for ships!), is the robot voice that announces the floors LOUDLY!

How irritating. I hate elevators that do this. :(

It really is the quietest ship I have ever been on. The doors do not open in your direction. I think you will be fine. The only really annoying thing about the elevators (they are huge for ships!), is the robot voice that announces the floors LOUDLY!

They were delivered to the Odyssey with an Italian voice.There have been a lot of adverse comments left on the comment cards.There is a chance that a new voice may be put in the lifts.

The voice is of an American women,very nasal and thin.I think we have all met her somewhere.

The question about verandah size in Suite 505 is interesting. We spent so much time on the Verandah that we didn't have time to notice if it was smaller. We ate many meals there and read books. It is a beautiful space and a perfect size for us. We were not bothered by the 'steel' on the deck and it actually kept me from worrying about dropping something and losing it forever. The best part of the verandah is the lounger. I would love to buy one just like it. It was perfect for your back and put your feet at exactly the correct angle.

You will love your journey on Odyssey!

By the way, even though we are American we couldn't understand the elevator announcement. We giggled waiting for the strange announcements everytime we used it.

They were delivered to the Odyssey with an Italian voice.There have been a lot of adverse comments left on the comment cards.There is a chance that a new voice may be put in the lifts.

The voice is of an American women,very nasal and thin.I think we have all met her somewhere.

Why does an elevator need to have a voice at all?

Nope, no thin Americans over here!

Chilling out with a Singapore Sling, sail away in 30 minutes. The ship, crew, food, everything is absolutely superb, us and our travelling companions are just blown away by it all!

Not wishing to be mean or anything .... but .... if I were already on-board, the last thing I would be doing is posting on CC :eek:

I used to like Reading about what people were up to wheni was stuck at home so thought I would put a few comments on here and there. Quite handy just sitting by the pool with Singapore Sling and Iphone, I don't think I could be bothered using the computers at the square though, too lovely outside. Corfu today, lovely day about 28 degrees, restaurant 2 tonight, yum yum, our last dining venue to try out.

I used to like Reading about what people were up to wheni was stuck at home so thought I would put a few comments on here and there. Quite handy just sitting by the pool with Singapore Sling and Iphone, I don't think I could be bothered using the computers at the square though, too lovely outside. Corfu today, lovely day about 28 degrees, restaurant 2 tonight, yum yum, our last dining venue to try out.

I enjoy reading ongoing comments while they are still fresh in the cruiser's mind.

Have you noticed if the alternate dining venue reservation system has been improved?

A friendly hello and pleased to make my first post here on CC.

I have just returned from the Odyssey and have had an amazing time on such a wonderful ship.It was our second Seabourn adventure and loving the new Odyssey style.

I hope the following may be of help as couldn't find too much posted about the amazing spa area which I would highly recommend you try out.(sorry if this may bore the men....but there are treatments for you too!)

I did not book anything until I boarded the ship and there was plenty of availability as there are many treatment rooms and a very full list of treatments available.

You can just visit the spa relaxation area but there is a charge for the day. If you had a treatment it was complimentary.

Situated on deck 9 aft it is a beautiful sanctuary and seems amazing that large spa area can exist on such a small ship.

The main products used are Elemis. The treatments I experienced were salt scrubs, massage, hot stone therpy and leg therpy.

I also experienced a hand ritual, pedicure and even a hair colour!

All the staff were lovely but in particular Rudi who is a fantastic hair stylist.

I could go on but I fear the men are now asleep so please do not hesitate to ask me questions later!

What was my husband doing I hear you ask whilst I was in the spa?.....well apart from making good friends with crew member Patrick (ex Pride) in the Seabourn Square coffee bar he went on an amazing tour of the kitchen with chef Alain and a tour of the bridge too! The plentiful supply of books(which were fiction and non fiction) also helped!

There are so many other beautiful things to write about this amazing ship but this will end up a book so will save a few musings for later.

You are all really going to love her and hope this post helps

Happy, happy sailing!:D

Archived