What do you do with your old Sign and Sail Cards????

eddiesgal

Oh how I wish I still had every one!!!

When six or seven of our RCI cruises totally vanished from our profile and I was told to prove that I had cruised since the mid 80's those little pieces of plastic would have been the proof I had needed. We have had the same issue with two other cruise lines but because we had not sailed them as far back as the stone age we were able to restore our records.

Now we keep them in a safe place along with a dated picture of my DH and I with the Captain or senior officer.

The sail cards don't take up as much space as I would like but I know where to find them the next time the cruise lines holy computers shine their fading light on us.

Think again about tossing them....

I have kept all of mine. That way I have a memory of it, and I do actually put them on the Christmas tree each year. I have one tree that I set up in my office that is my vacation tree. I put my room keys as well as a key chain that i purchase in each port. I love setting that tree up each year to remember the fun times.

Oh how I wish I still had every one!!!

When six or seven of our RCI cruises totally vanished from our profile

and I was told to prove that I had cruised since the mid 80's

those little pieces of plastic would have been the proof I had needed.

We have had the same issue with two other cruise lines

but because we had not sailed them as far back as the stone age we were able to restore our records.

Now we keep them in a safe place along with a dated picture of my DH and I with the Captain or senior officer.

Think again about tossing them....

My sentiments exactly.

They take up so little space

and yet represent the very best weeks of my life....and I'm going to toss them??

I don't think so!

Send all those totally-useless cards of yours to:

David Hunt

3, Erdiston Drive

Pine Gardens

St.Michael

BARBADOS

West Indies.

Princess-07A.jpg.e482b9955d053b97eb0451d90f8e7ebc.jpg

RCCL-09Teen-A.jpg.974d20988d6e9b48160db1abdf608c4a.jpg

Capts.Circle.jpg.00b3073e8666a2601fdda05b8734badc.jpg

My sentiments exactly.

They take up so little space

and yet represent the very best weeks of my life....and I'm going to toss them??

I don't think so!

Send all those totally-useless cards of yours to:

David Hunt

3, Erdiston Drive

Pine Gardens

St.Michael

BARBADOS

West Indies.

I agree. I save them because I am NOT a pack rat, but yet I do want a memento of my trip. I don't want a coffee cup with the ship's name on it or those drink of the day glasses,etc. they are jut things that clutter up my home and so I eventually end up donating that stuff to thrift stores. But I do save my cards. They take up very little room, I actually have them a junk drawer.

Besides now that we have been on so many cruises and hubby forgets. The other week he insisted we had only taken 13 cruises and I said no 15, and he insisted he was right- so I pulled out my cards and showed him that yes we have been on 15 cruises-LOL!

I send my own to Aplmac in Barbados. He is the the guy who posts

all those great pics and info on the Barbados thread for us all.

So if you are going to throw yours out please send to Aplmac his address is

on this thread.

I keep them. Every now and then I pull one of them out, rub it and hope that the cruise genie will appear in a puff of smoke and book me on my next cruise...:rolleyes:

Best reason to keep one I've heard yet.

I have saved all of our cabin cards too. My husband and I have been on 12 Carnival cruises and I have a gallon sized plastic zipper bag for each cruise with all the Carnival Capers, luggage tags, Sail & Sign bills, deck plans, cabin cards, etc. from each cruise. Each bag is marked on the outside with the date, ship name, and the cruise number on it. One of my friends asked me if I was afraid of being audited since I have each one organized so well! To me, they are great keepsakes (along with our photos, of course) and I enjoy looking through our cruise memories.

I send my own to Aplmac in Barbados. He is the the guy who posts

all those great pics and info on the Barbados thread for us all.

So if you are going to throw yours out please send to Aplmac his address is

on this thread.

Hi, Robert! Thanks for your support,man.

I guess most folks here on Cruisecritic think I'm a little nuts when I make my appeals

supplying my actual home address and all -:eek:-

(I guess Americans wouldn't daredo that for fear of stalkers!)

but I'm quite serious about receiving their cards.

When next you get over to Barbados

you gotta come over to the house, Rob

meet the Trini wife an ting...I'll show you what I've gathered so far

it's beginning to look like something, at last!

StThomas-148.jpg

Here's a nice shot of St.Thomas USVI for you!

Send those cruise cards to...

David Hunt

3, Erdiston Drive

Pine Gardens

St.Michael

BARBADOS

West Indies.

Thank you so much for your generosity! ;)

361358494_Blue12and3.jpg.a7391c2fc79fbb17f099bb3f37abb26f.jpg

new-ss-cards.jpg.aff85cfaee0816f8678b7de613c0386c.jpg

My kids like to keep theirs , last year on the Explorer of the Seas they wouldnt let any of us keep our cards , we thought that was odd cause we have other cards from other cruises, but they specifically said "No you cannot keep them".

Five years ago, when we moved my late in-laws out of their home of 50 years and into an assisted living/alzheimers facility, my husband and I were charged with getting rid of the contents of their house. These people had traveled the world, and had an unbelievable assortment of souvenirs, scrapbooks, photo albums, etc. from every trip they had ever taken! And you know where it all went?!? Into a big dumpster! Broke our hearts, but these were their memories, not ours; we didn't have room for any of it, and neither my husband's sister nor any of the grandkids were interested in keeping any of it.

Now I can't save anything without wondering, "what are the kids going to think/do about this when they clean the house out for us in 25 years?" Things that I thought were important get thrown away, I buy less "stuff" when we travel, there is much less clutter, and my life has become much more simplified! :)

Five years ago, when we moved my late in-laws out of their home of 50 years and into an assisted living/alzheimers facility, my husband and I were charged with getting rid of the contents of their house. These people had traveled the world, and had an unbelievable assortment of souvenirs, scrapbooks, photo albums, etc. from every trip they had ever taken! And you know where it all went?!? Into a big dumpster! Broke our hearts, but these were their memories, not ours; we didn't have room for any of it, and neither my husband's sister nor any of the grandkids were interested in keeping any of it.

Now I can't save anything without wondering, "what are the kids going to think/do about this when they clean the house out for us in 25 years?" Things that I thought were important get thrown away, I buy less "stuff" when we travel, there is much less clutter, and my life has become much more simplified! :)

You know, eleven years ago I helped my sister go through our mother's stuff-and we had to do the same thing-but that does not keep me from saving MY memories-if my daughter throws them away after I am gone or my mind is gone-who cares? I don't expect her to hang onto MY memories. But I still have most of my mind and I am still breathing, so I enjoy looking over what I have kept.

My kids like to keep theirs , last year on the Explorer of the Seas they wouldnt let any of us keep our cards , we thought that was odd cause we have other cards from other cruises, but they specifically said "No you cannot keep them".

Someone else said that RCI has changed their policy. That disappoints me. Oh well, I do have 3 RCI cards in my collection.

I keep all of our cards. I have them in a little container. We were on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas 11/7/08, and we were allowed to keep our cards. We have been able to keep all of our cards. I might be missing one or two, but it wasn't the cruiseline that kept them, I sorta lost track of them somewhere in my house! :eek: :eek: :D :D

Archived