Watch Your Credit Card

There is really nothing Hit or miss or even rip off about the Internet coupons. It clearly states they are valid on the cruise given only ( I know they have accepted old coupons in the past, but they are in their full right to not do so).

It´s also clearly written on the coupons that they have to be turned in before using the Internet and they can not be used towards a package. From your posts it sounds to me that you simply used the coupons the wrong way.

Once the coupon has been applied it will tell you so when logging in to the Internet, so no surprises, you will see it when you surf on that free minutes.

The best deal is to buy a package first and then turn in the coupon to guest relation. Upon your next log in you will see the amount of coupon credit applied AND the remaining credit from the package. The coupon credit will go first and once it´s used up the package credit gets used.

When there is an active package account the coupons will be used at the lower package per minute rate;)

I have NEVER seen a coupon credit shown ( after I apllied the coupon) when logging in on any puter ( in internet cafe or my laptop in my cabin). The only time I saw a credit is on my account bill, viewed from my TV or at the pursor's desk. I have cruised on Voyager class, Radiance class, Freedom class, etc.

When I purchase a package, I do see the remaing package left on my account, when loggin in, but NEVER the coupon credit amount remaining.

When I purchase the standard minutes ( currently 55 cents), it will show you the amount of minutes USED at the end when you log out!

I also have been able to use my account and use both my coupon on my DH's coupon for my seapass swipe for the internet. Never a problem!

I have NEVER tried to use old internet coupons on a cruise, since I use the internet coupon I receive each cruise on that cruise.

I tried using the Free Drink coupons at the Pool bar, and was refused! I had been on medication on prior cruises and could not have alcohol. I kept them to use on a future cruise. I also tried to use the free entry to Johnny Rocket, since on the Jewel in Jan 2009, the ship did not have a JR. I was refused to use them on the Adventure in June 09.

Seems like everyone has different ways that work with the coupons. I have tried them all! I have turned them in prior to using the internet and the desk person stated I show no interenet useage on my account, bring the coupon back when you are done using the internet! Go figure!!!!!

:cool: I check my account everyday on the tv. One day my 2 yr. old had a drink of the day at the Pig & Whistle Pub with a nice little tip. We gotta watch that kid a little closer. ;)

I have NEVER seen a coupon credit shown ( after I apllied the coupon) when logging in on any puter ( in internet cafe or my laptop in my cabin). The only time I saw a credit is on my account bill, viewed from my TV or at the pursor's desk. I have cruised on Voyager class, Radiance class, Freedom class, etc.

I have never seen the coupon credit NOT shown when logging in on any computer??????????

I have never seen the coupon credit NOT shown when logging in on any computer??????????

Maybe since I never see it, it is because they aren't applying the coupon to my account when I present it. This may be why I have problems getting the credit!

I will present my coupon from now on before I ever use the internet and then look for the Coupon Credit when I log on. I'll test this in Oct on the Jewel! Luckily we still get that coupon in the new book!

Maybe since I never see it, it is because they aren't applying the coupon to my account when I present it. This may be why I have problems getting the credit!

I will present my coupon from now on before I ever use the internet and then look for the Coupon Credit when I log on. I'll test this in Oct on the Jewel! Luckily we still get that coupon in the new book!

pmshirl, I think you see the credit when you log OFF the internet, too. They have a screen that tells you how many dollars in credit you have left.

Also, every time I have gone to turn in my coupon, they always ask me if I have used the internet yet? They don't want the credit to go against any other onboard purchase so they want to make sure you are actually using the internet. I've never noticed the wording on the coupon, but I know they always ask if I've started using the internet. Also, as I said above, it's specific to a particular seapass card, too.

Most places will quickly refund any "mini-bar" charges, if you tell them they're wrong. It's happened to us in hotels, on the ship...it happens! All you have to do is call, and they correct it. Not a huge deal.

It is a big deal when it keeps happening on more than one ship, in more than one cabin, to more than one persons bill. Then it is a huge deal. Add that up!

Plus, when it takes more than a few days to correct, that is not good.

It should not happen to begin with. ;)

Hope that will work for you....it should! They usually apply it right before my eyes when I present the coupon.

They always apply mine right in front of me when I give it to them also. ;)

Only once, they had a box to put them in by the pursers desk and a guy was emptying the box, so he took mine by hand. Well, I did not get the credit. I just went down and they believed me when I said I had personally handed them to him.

On one of our cruises on Adventure I noticed that they were charging tax on drinks in Studio B while the ship was out at sea. I went to the customer service dest to inquire about this. I was told that they were supposed to charge tax. So I then asked why that venue was the only place on the ship where I was being charged tax and I also asked just, exactly, what government it was that RCI was turning this "tax" money over to. The woman just looked at me like I had two heads. I was not in the mood to push the issue any further.

But again, what a way to make an extra buck.

You will find that in different venues on more than one ship I have sailed, the prices of the drinks are different. I have paid as much as $.95 difference for the same drink in the theaters, the ice rink at shows, the lounges at shows, etc.

And, these are not in the souvenir glasses. Just a plain old regular glass.

I keep all my receipts and you would be surprised to see the same drink with a different price. :confused:

That might be what you thought was tax.

You will find that in different venues on more than one ship I have sailed, the prices of the drinks are different. I have paid as much as $.95 difference for the same drink in the theaters, the ice rink at shows, the lounges at shows, etc.

And, these are not in the souvenir glasses. Just a plain old regular glass.

I keep all my receipts and you would be surprised to see the same drink with a different price. :confused:

That might be what you thought was tax.

Nope. If you look at drink receipts there is a price listing, tax, and gratuity. The tax was listed as $0.00 every place I bought a drink except for Studio B. Mistake, or otherwise, they were charging a tax. And since we were at sea there was no place to turn that tax charge over to except RCI's bank account. And I had no appreciation for the customer service rep telling me that they were SUPPOSED to charge tax.

I have also noticed that the same drink can have different prices at different venues. Sometimes I just can't figure out what RCI is doing. I am :confused: too!

We asked our room steward to empty our mini-bar and he did but stacked all the stuff to the side of the refrigerator in its "cubby." A few days later, the refrigerator had worked its way over and when I shut the door, the hinge broke a can of soda open. I cleaned up the mess and told him what happened and that I had removed the things and put them in a cabinet. He offered to take them away but told him we had the room, just leave them there. I half expected to be charged for the soda but I wasn't.

Another time I didn't have it emptied and just stuffed my things in there (this was Princess). One day, I noticed a can of soda was missing. We had a substitute steward that day and I thought maybe he had helped himself. Anyway, I went to the front desk and reported that a can had been removed from my fridge and that I didn't drink it as I had a whole bunch of my own soda to drink. They checked my bill and said it was not on there but told me to tell the room steward and he would make sure I wasn't billed for it. I did and the room steward fessed up that he had drunk it and he planned to replace it later. Anyway, we were never billed for it.

I always worry that after I leave the cabin the last morning that someone will come in the cabin and help themselves to the contents but it has never happened. Once in Paris we were told we had consumed some liquor from the bar which we hadn't. I went up to the room with an employee and proceeded to find the missing bottle and showed it to them. Not only did I have my own hooch with me, I wouldn't drink scotch if I was heading into dt's. What I didn't share was that half of the bottles I pulled out looking for the scotch were empty but had been "resealed." I'm willing to bet that the others had water in them (lol).

Tucker in Texas

:cool: I check my account everyday on the tv. One day my 2 yr. old had a drink of the day at the Pig & Whistle Pub with a nice little tip. We gotta watch that kid a little closer. ;)

Wow, how did he see over the bar??? LOL

We have had a few minor problems with charges on our acct...always got fixed right away.

But, this thread is very interesting reading all the different stories...I will definitely keep all this in mind on my future cruises.

Thx to all the posters!:)

Archived