Liberty Diamond Lounge first timer questions

The Diamond Lounge on Liberty and the other Freedom class ships (Freedom and Independence) is on Deck and is aft of the Viking Crown Lounge. It has large windows looking out on the ocean, offers a continental breakfast in the morning and cocktails each evening, and coffee and cappuccino 24/7. There is a concierge-like staff person available during certain hours of the day who can assist you with reservations, shore excursions or problems you might have while onboard. It is a very comfortable lounge and, IMHO, head and shoulders above the interior rooms that serve as concierge lounges on those ships.

The Diamond Lounge is located on Deck 14. It's a large, beautiful place that has continental breakfast set up in the mornings and horsdoeuvres in the evening with cocktails (beer, wine, sodas, mixed drinks).

Mario is the concierge for the Diamond Lounge and he is wonderful. He usually has 2 helpers (bartenders) to help in the evening.

The Diamond Lounge has windows so that you can see sunrise and sunsets; simply beautiful. It also has an area to sit outside. You'll love the Liberty and the Diamond Lounge.

Thanks for the replies. With all the changes to the crown & anchor program, I'm not sure what to expect. On this ship it sounds like the old concierge lounges I knew and loved.

Yes, on the freedom class ships and the new genesis, you will be able to enjoy a very nice Diamond Lounge area. I love the Diamond Lounge on this class. I love to go up in the mornings and just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet and look out at the sea.:):D Geez, I wish I were back on the Liberty.

Thanks for the replies. With all the changes to the crown & anchor program, I'm not sure what to expect. On this ship it sounds like the old concierge lounges I knew and loved.

It's leaps and bounds better than the CL. As stated, it has floor-to-ceiling windows, great views, and a balcony overlooking the sports deck. It is in the location of what is the 9th Hole sports bar on Voyager Class ships.

We were on the Liberty back in April, and spent some time in the DL. It is quite wonderful, and I think you will really enjoy it. Very spacious, great view, and of course, complimentary beverages! The staff was fantastic, and made you feel right at home. Have a great time on your cruise.

The Diamond Lounge on Liberty is great - much nicer than the enclosed Concierge Lounge, which also has a certain smell (old leather?) to it. If the weather is pleasant, you can also sit in an outdoor area of the Diamond Lounge

We will be on the Freedom in August and it will be our first as Diamond. Sounds like we will not want to cruise on any other class. Even on the Oasis(which we cruise on in 2010) the Diamond lounge appears to be inside adn not nearly as great of location.

I must admit, this is the first cruise I have been so laid back about. I haven't looked at the ship's deck plans, cabin locactions, anything. I just booked this cruise last week for Sept. Will go with the flow.

The Diamond lounge on Freedom Class ships is a huge benefit. I love the floor to ceiling windows that offer panoramic views. There is a large flat screen TV above the buffet area.

For me the 24/7 cappuccino/espresso machine is one of the great benefits of this lounge. I don't care anything about the free evening drinks and never go for that perk, but that is just me.

The morning offerings of a continental breakfast are quite pleasurable too.

We also enjoy the ice skating show tickets and similar services.

Have a great cruise.

Why weren't you able to go outside? :confused:

I believe that they added a door in the Liberty's Diamond Lounge to provide access to the outside deck but there is not a similar door on Freedom. :)

I believe that they added a door in the Liberty's Diamond Lounge to provide access to the outside deck but there is not a similar door on Freedom. :)

Really? :confused:

Freedom is the only F Class ship I have been on and I could have sworn there was a balcony off the back of the DL. I seem to remember going out and overlooking the sports deck. Was I just looking out a window? :confused:

Wow, this isn't supposed to happen in my 30's. :rolleyes:;)

Really? :confused:

Freedom is the only F Class ship I have been on and I could have sworn there was a balcony off the back of the DL. I seem to remember going out and overlooking the sports deck. Was I just looking out a window? :confused:

Wow, this isn't supposed to happen in my 30's. :rolleyes:;)

Don't worry:) I have the same memory but I don't believe that there was a door out to that balcony. I think that they were concerned that people who had not attained Diamond level might use it to access the lounge from outside. Somewhere I have photos of the lounge but am not sure whether or not they show that area of the lounge.

There is an automatic sliding door that leads out to an open air section with tables and chairs that overlooks the b'ball court. When I got to the Diamond lounge albeit a tad late the first night, that's where they were putting the overflow. They had a velvet rope blocking the stairs down to the sports area. We were on the Freedom early June, so possibly this door has been added?

This is also my first time as a Diamond and on August 1 we will be sailing Liberty. My DH is also Diamond, but our 14 year old son who has actually cruised even more than his father, has never been given a status. Will he have any problems gaining admittance to the lounge when he is with us?

Here are a few pics from the Diamond Lounge on Liberty of the Seas, last year.

There was a door leading to the DL from the outside.

I will be on Freedom of the Seas in a few weeks, and will see if there is a difference.

Radio

Outdoor DL area

SXM63.jpg

Beautiful DL Interior

SXM9.JPG

DL Bar Area

L107.jpg

24 Hour Coffee area in DL

L106.JPG

Radio, thanks so much for the pics, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.... Looks wonderful. What are the evening hours? I seem to remember something like 6-8, is that correct? Celebrity just rolled out their new Captain's Club benies. They are adding a lounge for eliete members, in the Michael's Club. However, the evening hours are from 4-6pm. Not good IMHO for folks like us who like late seating.

Radio - on the Freedom - there will be no outside area. But the inside looks like the Liberty.

And thanks for the pictures....it brings back all the memories of the good times we had on the Liberty last month.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise

Archived