Interior vs Prom??? Help!

Hello, I need help deciding between an interior room and a promenade room!

We've cruise a few times before on EOS but have only had balcony or interior rooms. We were thinking maybe we'd try something a little different this time around BUT is it worth an extra $300/person or should I save that money for a massage and shopping??!

The noise issue doesn't really bother us, but I guess I was concerned with how much we'd actually be keeping those curtain open! We've never spent too much time in our rooms (usually just showering and sleeping). So is the $300 justified?!

Thanks for your help!!

Agree, not worth that much extra over an inside. My kids had one of these rooms on Mariner a few years back. They (and us) used the window the first day, then the curtains mainly stayed closed. They've gone back to insides since. If it was less of a difference I would say give it a try, but not for $300 pp.

I would take the Promenade in a second over an inside!!

Yea you gotta close the curtains when dressing, but other than that you get to see all that goes on out on the Promenade. The parades and entertainment and you can people watch!!

Are you over 55 because there's a special rate for those over 55. $469.00 on select sailings. We are sailing 9-27-09 and our TA got a rate of $310.00 per person. We wanted the PR because at least there's a bay window with light coming through and yes, you can watch all of the peole and the parades. :D

PR cabins are great, we have had an inside cabin one time and never again. I felt like I was in a dark cave.

There are sheers and room darkening curtians in the PR's, leave the sheers closed if you want but unless your changing clothes or sleeping you could leave them open and enjoy people watching.

Is $300 per person worth it? Up to you.

Bev

Thanks for all your replies! I'm still trying to decide...giving myself til end of day. I was all ready to go with just an interior but then the bf called voting for a prom!

Do you guys think prom rooms go faster then an interior? I have til January to make a switch free of charge, lol!

We have been in interior and promenade cabins. I am rather claustrophobic so the interior rooms make me CRAZY. There is privacy and yet you can watch the world evolving below. Really a nice choice, IMO.

Thanks for all your replies! I'm still trying to decide...giving myself til end of day. I was all ready to go with just an interior but then the bf called voting for a prom!

Do you guys think prom rooms go faster then an interior? I have til January to make a switch free of charge, lol!

I had an interior and was upgraded to a PR. I guess it's good for letting some light into the room. Sitting and looking out the window gets boring fast. Other than the quick peek, we rarely even looked out the windows. It was a waste, but kind of nice to have, KWIM?

I don't think PR go fast. My cruise in October the PR rooms are the most available.

We sailed in our first Promenade courtesy of an interior guarantee "upgrade". We peeked out the window a couple of times. It definitely is not "private" we saw that lots of people forget to tug their curtains completely closed. I would never pay to upgrade to this class cabin. just my opinion after sailing insides, outsides, and balconies.

I loved the promenade. I love to people watch so it was a great vantage point from there.

Only you can say whether the additional monies are worth it. I loved mine but the extra $600 could go far as far as onboard drinks, pictures and souvenirs!

Mary

Hello, I need help deciding between an interior room and a promenade room!

We've cruise a few times before on EOS but have only had balcony or interior rooms. We were thinking maybe we'd try something a little different this time around BUT is it worth an extra $300/person or should I save that money for a massage and shopping??!

The noise issue doesn't really bother us, but I guess I was concerned with how much we'd actually be keeping those curtain open! We've never spent too much time in our rooms (usually just showering and sleeping). So is the $300 justified?!

Thanks for your help!!

I believe the difference between interior and ocean view is less than $300/pp. I'd go OV before Promendade. I'd rather have a view of the ocean than a view of the Promendade Deck. I'd also worry about noise, particularly on the nights when parades and parties are happening there. I like to wake up in the morning and look out at the ocean, before I even get out of bed. Very rarely (unless we're docked on that side) is there anyone out there looking back at me, so it doesn't matter than I'm in my night clothes.

Why are you vacillating between inside and balcony, skipping completely over oceanview?

Archived