Voyager class 1388 and 1688?

I have seen pictures so I know about the "pole" and size of cabins. My qustion is are these cabins darker than other aft cabins? They do have the sliding glass doors, don't they? I currently have cabin 1390 on Voyager in Feb, but both these cabins are currently available. Don't know whether to switch. In May we had 1690 on Mariner and I got a good look around the "corner" at the 1688 balcony. But I got the impression that the cabin seemed dark.

I have seen pictures so I know about the "pole" and size of cabins. My qustion is are these cabins darker than other aft cabins? They do have the sliding glass doors, don't they? I currently have cabin 1390 on Voyager in Feb, but both these cabins are currently available. Don't know whether to switch. In May we had 1690 on Mariner and I got a good look around the "corner" at the 1688 balcony. But I got the impression that the cabin seemed dark.

I just have to warn you that all 1388/1688 and 1400/1700 are HAUNTED!

My advice is to STAY AWAY!

We have had 1688 on the Mariner twice and I have never thought it was a dark cabin. We like it since the cabin is wider and gives you more room to move around even when the sofabed is open. The balcony is better with 1690 but since we always travel with our teen son, the bigger cabin is more important to us.

We just got off the Explorer Saturday and had cabin 1388. These two corner aft cabins are great! They room is very nice size, the balcony is great with part shade and semi private. The room was not at all dark, it has the sliding door and with the curtains open the room was as light as any other. We saw or heard nothing that would make us think this room was haunted...but that would've added to the excitement of the cruise :p

We'll book this cabin again for sure when on the Voyager class

1700 on the Indy is definitely haunted by my spirit since my DH had to forcefully tear me away from that cabin. Don't you leave part of yourself behind under such circumstances?

I'd say - after I've paused to think about it - that it was somewhat darker than the corner afts I've had on other ships because of the bulkhead at the side, but I didn't think that way at all while I was in the cabin.

I just have to warn you that all 1388/1688 and 1400/1700 are HAUNTED!

My advice is to STAY AWAY!

I agree completely - especially 1400 on FOS - rumor has it for the 9/13 sailing they'll be installing a trap door under the bed that, when you least expect it, drops you into a huge vat of chocolate pudding :p

Thanks for the input. Haunted....Yes, I guess we should try to keep all those deck 10 D aft cabins and balconies "secret".

Too late...........the secret's out.............just booked 1402 on Freedom for next year.....was hoping for 1400/1700........guess 14 months out was too late to book those two.......they're gone already.

I never really considered it dark, although it sort of looks that way in pictures.

But I suppose that because part of the balcony is in a cove, you don't have the full reflection of a fully sunned balcony.

Archived