Another "dumb" question

SDHALFAN

I know that I have often said on these boards that there is no such thing as a dumb question, but I think I may have one now!

Sometimes I just lurk on the boards and read threads that I think may be interesting. Other times I will reply, often on two or three threads in one day/night. Next time I log on I have a hard time remembering on just which of the threads I posted since there are so many of them.

I seem to remember that there is a way one can tell on which thread one has posted a reply but I can't remember now what it is. Can anyone help a poor soul such as I?

Thanks in advance for any help since I obviously need it.

Valerie:confused:

Well, you stole the title of my next thread, but I'll try to help anyway :D

Over on the left hand side of the screen of the list of threads you can see "envelope" icons. If you've replied to the thread, there's an arrow showing on the envelope. Do you see what I mean?

Valerie, 90% of the time when I log into CC I click on UserCP at the top left hand corner. That lists all the threads I have posted on and those that have new posts since the last time I posted I then click on the little check mark firstnew.gif it takes me to the last post after mine and I can continue to read posts after mine ;)

Thanks so much, all of you, for your reply. Cow Princess came up with what I had remembered (and yes, I do see what you mean although I had to look carefully for the arrow but it was definitely there - thank you so much).

Love this board (most of the time anyway;)) because I can always come here for advice or just to chat and share experiences.

Valerie:)

On the right-hand side of the topic title field, next to the blue field with the name and time of the last poster, is a check mark if I have posted on the thread. I don't know if I had to set something in my User CP area to generate that.

Also, if you hover your mouse over the envelope field mentioned earlier, it will say how many posts you have in the thread, and when the last one was (by day/date).

Here's another way: if you left-click on the Reply count (to the right of the time of the last post) you will get a pop-up list of everyone who has posted on that thread, and how many times! :)

Here's another way: if you left-click on the Reply count (to the right of the time of the last post) you will get a pop-up list of everyone who has posted on that thread, and how many times! :)

That is a helpful piece of information that I did not know. Thanks!

That list also shows how many times each person has posted to a particular thread. That can be very interesting!:)

I've bookmarked my User Control Panel (subscriptions) and always go there first. That's generally how I read the boards. First I look at the threads I've already posted to and then I glance at the ones I haven't.

Also, another good tip is if you're reading a thread you find interesting but have nothing to add and would like to continue reading it, you can simply "subscribe" to the thread. Under "Thread Tools" just click on "Subscribe to this thread". Then when you go to your Subscription page any new posts will show up there. You can also "unsubscribe" when it's run its course (as they will sometimes do ;))

Thanks so much jtl513: I just tried your suggestion and it is so easy even I can figure out whether or not I have posted on the thread. You have made my day!!!:D

Valerie:)

...where do I find "thread tools", please?

Scroll to the top of this thread. There's a blue bar with the thread title (not the top of the page). On the right side there's three choices. "Thread tools" is the left hand one. Click on that.

I seem to have fallen into the "experts" thread, so here goes. No matter what I try I can't get my headline to "bold." I have no trouble with bolding text (select and click the B). I've even tried copying and pasting from text. What am I doing wrong?

if you left-click on the Reply count (to the right of the time of the last post) you will get a pop-up list of everyone who has posted on that thread, and how many times! :)
Didn't know that but it's sure handy. Thanks for the tip. :cool::cool:

Archived