RCCL vs Carnival - my opinion

Several of my friends who were Carnival Refugees used to tell me that Paradise was far worse. Although I only have 2 cruises on her, I disagree. She has the same cross section of the population onboard. And better food.:D

Our first cruise was on the Paradise and we had a great time. It was a 5-day and my son and I never saw anything we wish we hadn't. :o

I am looking forward to our 2nd cruise on RCI (the Radiance). We're experimenting with cruise lines.

Oh good, I'm glad you posted this. The other posters have ignored my question. Can you please explain what you mean by a 'walmart' cruise? I realize it was a negative, so I'd like to know what you meant. I shop there, but will try not to take offense if you are trying to be rude to me or people that like to save money :) I'm just curious as to A. how have you never been in a Walmart (I thought they were everywhere) and B. Why you seem to think that the cruise looked like a Walmart? I think if we put the two side by side no one would see a resemblance. I guess I just don't get the reference and it's killing me because nobody ever explains it. I would think if you're trying to insult people or a cruiseline (yes, I'm not naive, I realize its an insult) you wouldn't do it by saying they are fiscally conservative or a smart shopper! lol:D

Thank you as well. We are avid Wal-Mart shoppers as well. I see nothing wrong with trying to save money in today's economy. If we can save money by shopping at WalMart to afford vacation.....so be it. Or we could shop at the most expensive stores and not go on a cruise....don't think so!

I agree that the WalMart references are just snooty, look down your nose at the "poor" people sailing on Carnival because they can't afford anything "better", Carnival trying to appeal to the "low-class WalMart shopper crowd." etc....blah blah blah. We're finally going on our first RCI cruise in 2010, and yes it was considerably more expensive than a comparable Carnival cruise---we just wanted to try something different. We've always had a good time on Carnival, and no, I'm not a CCL cheerleader--they make mistakes, they're not perfect, and I don't like everything they do....but I've always had a good time, and I'm sure I will on the Freedom also. As a matter of fact, the WORST cruise we were ever on was on Princess (and we think it's because it was a longer 10 day cruise and we were almost the youngest people onboard). To anyone wanting to try Carnival, why not? Try them once.....if you don't like it, don't sail with them again. But that's no reason to put them down.....Carnival is trying to appeal to the same targets....they simply do it differently, and emphasize different aspects and different ideas of fun......

Will the RCI/CCL fighting never end? :rolleyes:

CCL and RCCL are both good cruiselines. There will be things you like and dislike about each. The problem is that some people delight in making derogatory comments about people who cruise other lines. This is totally unnecessary. You meet all kinds of people on these cruises. To me, that is part of the fun!!:)

CCL and RCCL are both good cruiselines. There will be things you like and dislike about each. The problem is that some people delight in making derogatory comments about people who cruise other lines. This is totally unnecessary. You meet all kinds of people on these cruises. To me, that is part of the fun!!:)

I agree! I have no idea what the fight is about:confused: I think it is silly to stick to one cruiseline when there are sooo many to choose from. All are great in their own way.........

Variety is the spice of life........too bad some will never find that out;)

Thought it was funny that the poster who deem CCL to be the 'walmart' of the cruise industry above is roaming cc.com pondering about the lack of cruise sales & asking for 2nd & 3rd portions in Portofino.

I dunno, is it me or does that poster wreak a bit of 'irony' esp. when Walmart is known for value & savings & getting your money's worth & they were putting that down.

Thought it was funny that the poster who deem CCL to be the 'walmart' of the cruise industry above is roaming cc.com pondering about the lack of cruise sales & asking for 2nd & 3rd portions in Portofino.

I dunno, is it me or does that poster wreak a bit of 'irony' esp. when Walmart is known for value & savings & getting your money's worth & they were putting that down.

:DReally? tee, hee.....that's really quite funny. :D

Archived