How far out are ya'll seeing price drops?

Wondering how far in advance are ya'll seeing price drops? We've booked early saver on Conquest Jan 24 2010 so we have still have six months to watch for price drops. I've heard the ships out of Galveston usually sail full, so does that mean we may not see a price drop. Got a balcony upper deck for $699 ES - has anyone seen it any cheaper lately? It would be great to get an onboard credit or a reduced final payment. I check everyday several times a day - should I just check every few days?

Thanks for everyone's input.

I got one $10 drop for next January on Ecstasy .... so they have given me one tiny drop, but you would be apt to see more after final payment if the ship isnt selling well. I havent seen anything for my B2B this Sept, seems to be heading up not down.

My wife and I booked a cruise for November and saw three price drops before the ES rate was removed. The first was approximately 7 1/2 months before the cruise and the other two were within a week of each other at approximately 5 1/2 months before the cruise. I believe the rate went from 919 -> 899 -> 879 -> 829.

My wife and I booked a cruise for November and saw three price drops before the ES rate was removed. The first was approximately 7 1/2 months before the cruise and the other two were within a week of each other at approximately 5 1/2 months before the cruise. I believe the rate went from 919 -> 899 -> 879 -> 829.

Remember that if other rates that you qualify for drop, such as past guest, resident, or any others that you would qualify for, and if they are lower than the price that you got when you booked, you can still get the price drop.

Wondering how far in advance are ya'll seeing price drops? We've booked early saver on Conquest Jan 24 2010 so we have still have six months to watch for price drops. I've heard the ships out of Galveston usually sail full, so does that mean we may not see a price drop. Got a balcony upper deck for $699 ES - has anyone seen it any cheaper lately? It would be great to get an onboard credit or a reduced final payment. I check everyday several times a day - should I just check every few days?

Thanks for everyone's input.

We have over 400 days until our Miracle cruise next September and have had a price drop knocking $60 off our total about a month ago (booked about 2 or 3 months ago).

Howard

We are sailing on Liberty in Jan. 2010, I saw that the price had dropped so, I e-mailed my TA and yep he gave me a reduction in the total cost of our trip, but when I added it together my total still wasn't as cheap as what was posted, but I suppose the TA has to make some kind of profit. Is that how it goes?

We are sailing on Liberty in Jan. 2010, I saw that the price had dropped so, I e-mailed my TA and yep he gave me a reduction in the total cost of our trip, but when I added it together my total still wasn't as cheap as what was posted, but I suppose the TA has to make some kind of profit. Is that how it goes?

.... ahhhh no, that isnt how it goes. If you arent seeing the right price, Id call and ask why. Your TA is paid a commission out of the cruise fare, thats how is paid, and if he is tacking something on, why the heck would you use him instead of booking direct?

Are you sure when you clicked thru on the Carnival site and it added in taxes and fees, that you are adding that in too. I dont know what else it could be?

Remember that if other rates that you qualify for drop, such as past guest, resident, or any others that you would qualify for, and if they are lower than the price that you got when you booked, you can still get the price drop.

I'm keeping an eye out as there are still two rooms available for the class I booked, but I'm not going to worry too much about it until October.

I saw price drops at 10 months, 9 months, 8 months, and then at 7 months when I switched to early saver. Early saver promo just became unavailable on our sailing, so now I'm watching military rates (which we had booked before). We booked at around $650 each (military rate) when the sailing was first released and the last Early Saver rate we saw was $439 pp.

We are on the Valor Jan. 31st and I have already had two price drops which came to $160 for the both of us...I keep hoping for more with still six months to go!

Of course if the roll call is any indication....it is going to be a lonely and quite cruise!

I'm keeping an eye out as there are still two rooms available for the class I booked, but I'm not going to worry too much about it until October.

yes, watch those prices...I am in an 8b and the lowest balcony available now is 8d.

Never saw the prices drop below what I paid.

DVAN68: Where are you getting a 300.00 price drop? We are paying 809.00 for 8E plus tax and don't see anything on Carnivals site but 799 plus a higher tax which works out to more money? Please reply.

I booked our Freedom January 30, 2010 cruise almost a year in advance cause I wanted a 9a wrap. We've had one price reduction of nearly $100 overall several months ago. Maybe Feb. or March, I can't remember. Anyway, I'm checking Carnival.com daily and as of yesterday, the going rate for cat 9a is $1524-I am paying $1404. Seems to be going steadily up, but I check anyway. You just never know. I kind of doubt my category will go down much further because there is only one avail. 9a showing up as available for our sailing, but I hold out hope anyway!:D

We are booked on the Glory for 12/13 - 12/20. I booked the cruise in February and saw a couple of price drops, but nothing in the last month. Switched my kids cabin to ES right before the 5 month mark and saved $140, but no price drops on our cabin. I think the price for this cruise has bottomed out. Can't complain, have a balcony cabin for $579/pp and the kids interior is $399, $399, and $209.

I put together a spreadsheet for various ships/dates/prices for Sept 2010. Tonight when I checked some prices, I noticed that the there was a $160 price drop for the 1A that I was tracking. As a solo, I was hoping to find something <$100 per day, so I was happy. There was only a $30 difference between this and the ES rate, so it was a "no-brainer".

I went ahead and booked. Maybe the price will go down again:D

My cruise scheduled for march 2010 dropped $50 per person yesterday, extended balcony 8A. Someone mentioned the 9As dropping $300 a couple days earlier - I think that had to be the amount combined not individually. Still hoping for more drops closer to sailing! Despite spring break timing I'm thinking the ship must be pretty vacant yet, if the roll call is any indication.

I'm a little bit new to cruising, so forgive me. I wanted to know if you can only get price drops if you book directly through the company or does it also apply if you book through an online site like orbitz or travelocity. Trying to find out so if I go another cruise I may be able to say a few dollars

We just hit our 2nd price drop, and don't cruise till Feb. First was $20 pp, and the one I just saw this a.m. was $50 pp. This was for ES rate. Waiting to get confirmation from Carnival on credit.

Archived