Chefs Table

easykruz

Hi There,

having done the chef's table more than once, the ship is not important,

the chef is, as to what you are going to eat how it is cooked,

but you also need a good M'D to put on a show for you.

yours Shogun

We have enjoyed the chefs table at least a half dozen times . We have enjoyed it on the Diamond,Sapphire,Coral,Island and Golden. The Food is pretty much set by Coprporate. They have six different menus to choose from. We did it twice in May on the Coral during the 19 day Panama Canal trip and it was different both nites. The Chef is the difference and of course like some one els mentioned the Maitre D' puts on a great show, That's why I included him in the tips that night. My favorite part is the appetizers and champagne in the Galley, they make the greatest things for a culinary delight.

We have enjoyed the chefs table at least a half dozen times . We have enjoyed it on the Diamond,Sapphire,Coral,Island and Golden. The Food is pretty much set by Coprporate. They have six different menus to choose from. We did it twice in May on the Coral during the 19 day Panama Canal trip and it was different both nites. The Chef is the difference and of course like some one els mentioned the Maitre D' puts on a great show, That's why I included him in the tips that night. My favorite part is the appetizers and champagne in the Galley, they make the greatest things for a culinary delight.

Diamond and Sapphire????

We were just on the Diamond in early June, and they didn't have the Chef's Table. We experienced it on the Crown, and really wanted to do it again on the Diamond. They said they didn't do it on the Diamond (or the Sapphire) due to the dining room setup (the 4 themed restaurants are different than any of the other Princess ships).

Loved it and will definitely do it on future Princess ships--if the ship offers it.

Do you sign up for the Chef's table at the Purser's desk when you first get onboard?

You can sign up via the DINE line or with the Matre de (sp). He usually has a table set up for dining issues...Do it early though.....

Bob

Diamond and Sapphire????

They said they didn't do it on the Diamond (or the Sapphire) due to the dining room setup (the 4 themed restaurants are different than any of the other Princess ships).

They did it on Sapphire on our early June sailing - not much interest (early-season trip, 90% new pax to Princess) as they only did one the first week. We were in the Santa Fe dining room, and the late service had just started in International. It was a fantastic time, and we look forward to possibly doing it again in October.

E

They did it on Sapphire on our early June sailing - not much interest (early-season trip, 90% new pax to Princess) as they only did one the first week. We were in the Santa Fe dining room, and the late service had just started in International. It was a fantastic time, and we look forward to possibly doing it again in October.

E

Interesting??????

Not sure why they didn't do it on our June 6th Diamond cruise. I asked several people, and got the same answer--they said they

don't do it on the Diamond.

The Chef's Table was outstanding. We did it on the Grand and on the Star. There were 5 corporate chefs on the Grand instituting it for the first time and it was fantastic. Each couple received a copy of the Princess cook book, a $40 value and the chefs autographed it. The wines were excellent. We will do it every chance we get! On some cruises, if not enough interest is shown, they will not do it. I would highly recommend it!

Do they have Chefs Table on the Dawn Princess

Yes, they do. That's the ship I did it on.

Do you recall the labels on the wines? RCI has a wine pairing dinner in Portofino, their specialty Italian restaurant, and the wines are, shall we say, uninspiring.

No, but they were very good on our night. I know that sounds unhelpful, but I don't mean it to be. The champagne in the galley was real French stuff, not the headache-in-a-glass served free at the waterfall or art auctions. At the table, they weren't pouring Opus One, but they were definitely pouring better-than-average quality wines. Maybe someone else will remember details; frankly, I think I was too drunk on both the food and the wine to remember; if I had been more sharp-witted, I would have taken a close-up of the wine bottles. Lesson learned for next time. . .

I meant to also say, at the time I did recognize the labels with approval -- I just don't now recall what they were.

E

Very glad to hear this. We're hoping to do it in September.

I meant to also say, at the time I did recognize the labels with approval -- I just don't now recall what they were.

The Champagne on ours was definitely Mumm _Cordon Rouge_ NV. The white was the only Premiere Cru Chablis on the normal MDR list. The red was a DOC Barolo, and the dessert was the Chilean one available by the glass in the MDR. They were, frankly, excellent pairings and highly drinkable.

The Champagne on ours was definitely Mumm _Cordon Rouge_ NV. The white was the only Premiere Cru Chablis on the normal MDR list. The red was a DOC Barolo, and the dessert was the Chilean one available by the glass in the MDR. They were, frankly, excellent pairings and highly drinkable.

Yes, I think I do recall the Mumms now that you say so. For wines, though, we had a Sauvignon Blanc (not always one of my favourites but this was a very good pairing with the risotto), and a Cabernet. I wish we had had a Barolo -- that's one of my favourite reds.

Has anyone experienced the Chefs Table, both on the large ships and small ships, and in your opinion is there a difference between the two?

We have done the chefs table on the Crown Princess, large and the Pacific Princess, small..Totally different but equally fantastic......One thing we really liked about doing the CT on the PP is that were were in one of the specialty restaurants as opposed to being in one of the main dining rooms...

We are hoping to do the Chef's Table on our upcoming CB cruise. The brochure said it was offered. Based on what I read here, calling the Dine line once we get onboard is how we would try to get our spots? Is there any other way?

Archived