Opinions on obstructed balcony?

lidoplease

We have gotten a great price on a cruise with an obstructed balcony-which we may book later today. They say the lifeboat is below us so we cannot look straight down. Doesn't seem a big deal to me but wondered if anyone else felt they were missing too much. Thanks for your help.

The lifeboat may be below the balcony but you probably will have large metal gurters? in your view. We were in a cat 11 on the Fascination and had somewhat of an obstructed cabin but not nearly as bad as the three cabins behind us. Their views were awful!

We had one on the miracle this past January.

You could look out with no problem but looking down it was somewhat obstructed. We did not think it was a big deal.

We had gotten a great price on the balcony and as our first one we were very happy with it. For a good price we would do it again in a heartbeat

This question totally and completely depends on what ship you are specifically asking about...

Then, it totally and completely depends on what cabin you are specifically asking about...

Otherwise there is no specific way to answer.:confused:

Some cabins on ships have obstructions that barely matter,

others have obstructions that make it not worth it at all;

and yet others have obstructions that make it a perfect balcony to join the Whale Tail Club.;)

So, it all depends.

My wife and I are booked on the Miracle. Just my opinion, but we wouldn't want to be in one. If I am paying for a balcony, I want to be able to see everything possible. At the same time, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who have had one and liked it. So, it is more about do you think it is a problem or not. If not then why are you asking about it.

My wife and I are booked on the Miracle. Just my opinion, but we wouldn't want to be in one. If I am paying for a balcony, I want to be able to see everything possible. At the same time, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who have had one and liked it. So, it is more about do you think it is a problem or not. If not then why are you asking about it.

that's the thing, though--7As on Miracle are significantly cheaper than 8As. We were planning on a 6A (oceanview) on Miracle and for $10 more/person, we could get the 7A, so we jumped on it. It's certainly better than an OV, so why not take it? I did note that the first 3 lifeboats are bigger, so we have a room behind the 4th lifeboat.

We had cabin # 5188 (on the Miracle).. We liked it just fine... :) Here is a pic... We had a cabin that did not have the "raised" part of the lifeboat.. The window area sticks up just a little.. I would recommend going closer to the middle rooms of the deck though. When we looked to our left, we could see a balcony sticking out, blocking the view just a little.. (not really a huge deal.. IMO)... Overall, I think they are a great deal, you have light and your own balcony to go out on... :)

232323232%7Ffp395%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A7432%3Bnu0mrj

You are welcome! I think you will enjoy it. :p The Miracle is my favorite ship so far. I just loved that ship! On a side note: If you are a John Waterhouse fan, there are several of his paintings on the ship... "The Lady of Shalot" is a fairly large one you will see...

Great pic! Thanks Tiffany. And thanks for the reply Kyle. Very helpful! I really appreciate it.

Thanks - I will look for them. I love his paintings! And BTW-my DH is a huge VOLS fan!

LOL! That's awesome! Go Vols!!! Hopefully Lane Kiffin will be just what we needed.. :p

I love his paintings too, I have "The Lady of Shalot", and "Miranda, the Tempest". I didn't know his paintings would be on there, so I was soooo excited to see them on the ship!

We have gotten a great price on a cruise with an obstructed balcony-which we may book later today.

They say the lifeboat is below us so we cannot look straight down.

Doesn't seem a big deal to me but wondered if anyone else felt they were missing too much.

It's usually nowhere near as big a deal as you think it'll be..

I actually enjoyed having a lifeboat parked right out side our recessed Ocean View cabin on a UK ship

since it provided much photographic challenge and opportunity! ;)

Destiny-44.jpg

Carnival Destiny at Barbados.

Lifeboat-3914.jpg

Our personal lifeboat -parked right outside our cabin -beat that!

Legend-29.jpg

A Princess ship sails right close by, while we're at DOMINICA!

I had so much fun with it, I actually tried to book the same cabin again on our next cruise on that ship!

Does that tell ya?

that's the thing, though--7As on Miracle are significantly cheaper than 8As. We were planning on a 6A (oceanview) on Miracle and for $10 more/person, we could get the 7A, so we jumped on it. It's certainly better than an OV, so why not take it? I did note that the first 3 lifeboats are bigger, so we have a room behind the 4th lifeboat.

Holy smokes.........that's a no brainer!!!

Enjoy!!!

We had a OB View on the Legend a few years ago. I had no balcony or much of a view, but the open french doors in the evening hours and the sounds of the ocean waves sure made up for the lack of the view. I can go to the Lido deck for a view. Loved it:D:D!

We had 5230 on the Miracle and thought it was a great cabin for the price we paid. I have some pics of that cabin on webshots. Here is the link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550320245hDWpFx

Great pictures! We are going to have 2 of these cabins next year. We are used to regular balcony, but decided to try the 7A's because of the better price and we are having 2 cabins for the first time.

• 10 months later...
We had cabin # 5188 (on the Miracle).. We liked it just fine... :) Here is a pic... We had a cabin that did not have the "raised" part of the lifeboat.. The window area sticks up just a little.. I would recommend going closer to the middle rooms of the deck though. When we looked to our left, we could see a balcony sticking out, blocking the view just a little.. (not really a huge deal.. IMO)... Overall, I think they are a great deal, you have light and your own balcony to go out on... :)

232323232%7Ffp395%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A77%3E883%3EWSNRCG%3D32359%3B3%3A7432%3Bnu0mrj

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

That's the cabin (5188) we have booked for our cruise on the Miracle! Now we know how it looks and what kind of view we have.

As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words" :D

The obstructed balcony staterooms on the Spirit class ships have a good view. With the exception of the most forward (toward the pointy end of the ship) cabins, which have the large lifeboats outside them, the lifeboat is below the level of the balcony rail. It is not a big deal, IMHO.

Now for those intent on joining the balcony club, these can be ideal staterooms to book.:eek:

Doc

The obstructed balcony staterooms on the Spirit class ships have a good view. With the exception of the most forward (toward the pointy end of the ship) cabins, which have the large lifeboats outside them, the lifeboat is below the level of the balcony rail. It is not a big deal, IMHO.

Now for those intent on joining the balcony club, these can be ideal staterooms to book.:eek:

Doc

Am I to assume that this is similar to the mile high club? LOL

Archived