Dress Code changes for 2010 cruises

DaveFr

Oh please, gfranzen, do that in your cabin on formal night. You have paid for that privilege on Regent. Just don your robe first, or the room service person may become unneverved and not bring the next course! I'm sure it would be a lot of fun for your spouse! Just not the "general cruise population!", as they say!

When we were on the Diamond they told us that a couple of cruises before were clothing optional. The only requirement was that they bring a sitting towel to the dining room. The staff didn't have to join in the "uniform of the day" if they didn't want to.:o I guess that must help with packing, though.

We loved the Diamond. One of the best things was when we were tendering and they took us under the cat. rather than around the ship. Never forget that.

Through the Panama Canal we were on our balcony and by stretching our arms we were able to touch the cement sides of the locks.

We loved the Diamond. One of the best things was when we were tendering and they took us under the cat. rather than around the ship. Never forget that.

Through the Panama Canal we were on our balcony and by stretching our arms we were able to touch the cement sides of the locks.

WE saw the Diamond in port once, in the Carribbean, and it was awesome to look at. Wish we could have sailed on her. But as for touching the sides of the locks. . . . I imagine today you would have had unhappy security guards in your suite toot suite ---- what a world we live in. We did the canal on Crystal Harmony; a friend was in the Crystal Penthouse suite and we had lunch on their (huge!) verandah during the passage.

Oh my gosh, had no idea about the clothing optional cruises on Diamond, what a hoot!

Just a guess but this might have been a charter. When we left the Nav in the Med (I love cruiser jargon, don't you?) the next cruise was acharter by Mary Kay of Russia and Ukraine. The pool bartender told me there was to be no free drinks and no liquor in the suites (promoting MK's "family values" he was told.) We had become friends with the ballroom dancers (a lovely married couple) and they emailed afterwards that it was the most horrible week of their cruising life: one performance in the theater had a grand total of TWO people in attendence, the ship was dead quiet after 8 PM, no one went on any excursions (they weren't free in those days and apparently not covered by MK) and 90% of the passengers had room service breakfast. Capt. McNeil probably wasn't allowed to play his bagpipes at sail away. I wonder if they ran out of regular Dr. Pepper on that one?

Yes, Ral I love cruise jargon! For sure it was a charter. Could you just imagine some of the passengers if it wasn't a charter????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I assume Mary Kay's cruise was NOT clothing optional.:D

Paula Deen and her entourage have taken over X Constellation next Jan or Feb. Thank God we're not booked on that.

Speaking of kilts and bagpipes..l...well, you know where I'm going with this, so I think I'll just let you finish for me.

Yes, Ral I love cruise jargon! For sure it was a charter. Could you just imagine some of the passengers if it wasn't a charter????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I assume Mary Kay's cruise was NOT clothing optional.:D

Paula Deen and her entourage have taken over X Constellation next Jan or Feb. Thank God we're not booked on that.

Speaking of kilts and bagpipes..l...well, you know where I'm going with this, so I think I'll just let you finish for me.

Well, I didn't hear about the dress code on the MK cruise --- no drinks, no parties, no clothes? Maybe. Did they paint the ship pink? Don't know. Did McNeil blow anyway? Probably.

I was just a regular Diamond cruiser, never a charter, let alone clothing optional.

Wendy, I was the year after you, sorry, I guess 2005. I went after you posted your beautiful pix from 2004! So glad I did it, but this is not an itinerary I would repeat, like some in the Med I have done many times. We had a nice small group from our TA aboard and had a lot of fun, as usual!

estere, I have to say that yes, it was exciting to go under the pontoons of the Diamond! Those days are gone now, unfortunately.

Yes, Ral I love cruise jargon!

Well, if I ever sailed HAL or NCL (which I have never) or SS or SB I would be interested in comparing them to NAV and PG; it wouldn't be fair to compair to VOY or MAR because of the size, but the all imporatant issue is whether your cruise is east of the equator or not, and whether that affects the appearance of Lord Neptune. And then there is the issue of rumrunners, which are certainly not needed on Regent but might be interesting for extended free excursions which do not include lunch. Yes?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. :confused:

Sorry, despite my bluster we need Colonel Wes to supply the cruise jargon. I have to go change now. Mrs. Rally insists on informal for dinner when we are home.

Well, Rally, since you are lucky to have Mrs Rally pack your informal/formal clothes for your cruise, perhaps she will have your informal attired laid out on your wood "butler" when you get home! Damned if I would!

Well, Rally, since you are lucky to have Mrs Rally pack your informal/formal clothes for your cruise, perhaps she will have your informal attired laid out on your wood "butler" when you get home! Damned if I would!

Yes, Mrs. Rally does have her standards, which I decided, of my own free will, to abide by 40 years ago in order to spend a great deal of time with her. At age 22 it was by far the smartest thing I had ever done. It has worked out so far: she shops, packs and cleans for me; I cook and clean up. The rest we do for each other. May not work for some, may not work for most, but works for us. I have never seen a woman like her and doubt I ever will. She is my life.

Mike

Sorry, despite my bluster we need Colonel Wes to supply the cruise jargon. I have to go change now. Mrs. Rally insists on informal for dinner when we are home.

I disagree -- you are unique -- don't think we need anyone else to supply cruise jargon (on the other hand, I don't even know what cruise jargon is). What we do need is some pictures of what the new Elegant Casual should look like.

I disagree -- you are unique -- don't think we need anyone else to supply cruise jargon (on the other hand, I don't even know what cruise jargon is). What we do need is some pictures of what the new Elegant Casual should look like.

Nice try, Cat. You go first.

You are indeed a lucky man, Rally to have the good sense to cook and clean up. That makes the other stuff about even, and in over 40 years, still saying what you do, it couldn't get any better. I hope to meet you both someday on a cruise!

You are indeed a lucky man, Rally to have the good sense to cook and clean up. That makes the other stuff about even, and in over 40 years, still saying what you do, it couldn't get any better. I hope to meet you both someday on a cruise!

I am a fast learner. Mrs. Rally enchants me every day. Life is good.

I was an Iowa farmboy and she was an Italian supermodel. I only had one week to figure out how to impress her. On day 6 I realized it would be easier to cook than to learn Italian. (Just kidding =)

Archived