Reasonably "Live From The Maasdam," by tomc

tomc

Ok, campers: Time to start the real thread as part of the "down" cruise from Montreal to Boston. It's Friday night and people will be leaving tomorrow morning.

I had Walk-In Closet 567 all to myself this past week, but now I will have to share it with some pervert who probably likes cute young guys just like me.

We have a short old lady on board, who prefers various colors of cowboy hats. She can, and has, talked the ears off a statue. I, personally, saw her talking to a statue in Sydney NS; when I returned to the ship three hours later, she was still carrying on and its ears fell off, one by one. She got me for half an hour; the next time I saw her coming, I pretended to be asleep.

I visited with my brother on Friday; he lives across from Quebec City.

Later.

I read your "introduction" last night before I went to bed and laughed myself to sleep. I always enjoy your musings and I'm looking forward to hearing about your return trip down the coast.

Good luck on your new roomie.;)

No; far as I know, we don't go into the Fjord and don't see the statue of Mary with the 27' waistline.

We have a 50th anniversary couple on board as part of a collection of fifteen family members. All wearing the same custom t-shirts.

Why I hate Montreal, part 15: I went off the ship with an "In Transit" pass and, when I returned, went thru security screening as usual. BUT! They found I was carrying A Massive Weapon Of Mass Destruction that would blow up the ship and half the terminal. Then commenced a quick huddle before I was allowed to board the ship with this Terrible Instrument Of Death And Danger To Humanity. I had forgotten to leave my nail clipper in the cabin.

Idiots.

There is a not-very elderly couple on board who are homeless, and have been for some time now. Hold the pity until you finish reading this. They live in a $150k RV when they are not cruising the world. This is the couple I mentioned in the cutback parody thread who will only take one cruise, which is actually made up of six tied together and is lasting something on the order of nine weeks on the Maasdam. Been to this part of the world, been to that part of the world, been to the next part of the world. Don't have a home. Both are former aerospace engineers.

My roommate is a real nice guy.

Good conversationalist, knows his stuff, been around, etc. Teaches school in Philly; had been p/t college, but now f/t high school. Looks to be the best roomie I've had.

Good conversationalist, knows his stuff, been around, etc. Teaches school in Philly; had been p/t college, but now f/t high school. Looks to be the best roomie I've had.

Wonder what he'd post about you??? :confused:

Archived