Byoct?

iamaphisig

Hi there! I'll be on the Veendam for Christmas and New Years (and our honeymoon!) and I'm wondering if I can bring a Christmas Tree on board. I'm assuming I'd need a fake tree (due to restrictions on traveling with plants), but if I brought a small table-top sized tree with battery powered lights, will that be okay? I know we'll be in cramped quarters, but I LOVE Christmas and I LOVE a good Christmas tree... and this being our first Christmas as husband and wife (wow, that's weird to say!) I just MUST have a Christmas tree!

Has anyone else done this? Any ideas/suggestions?:confused:

Are you serious? Do you know how small most of the cabins are? And that there's only one electrical outlet in most cabins, on most ships?

Could you be happy with the ship's trees?

I'm totally serious! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas trees! We've done themed trees every year since we bought a house... I just can't imagine it being Christmas without one! It'll be weird enough that this is the first Christmas I'll spend away from my family (but with my NEW family - my hubby!). I'm not talking a 6 foot tree here : ) just a little table-top size! SO cute!!

We've cruised during Halloween several times and always bring lots of Halloween decorations - including lights. The stewards always get a big kick out of them. We have always asked them if they want the stuff after the cruise and they have always said yes. Leaves more room in our suitcase for the stuff we buy!

I think a tabletop Christmas tree would be great!

Mary

Hi there! I'll be on the Veendam for Christmas and New Years (and our honeymoon!) and I'm wondering if I can bring a Christmas Tree on board. I'm assuming I'd need a fake tree (due to restrictions on traveling with plants), but if I brought a small table-top sized tree with battery powered lights, will that be okay? I know we'll be in cramped quarters, but I LOVE Christmas and I LOVE a good Christmas tree... and this being our first Christmas as husband and wife (wow, that's weird to say!) I just MUST have a Christmas tree!

Has anyone else done this? Any ideas/suggestions?:confused:

I think an artificial table-top tree with battery-operated lights (so you won't be using the one outlet that's in your cabin for it!) would be nice! I can't imagine there would be any restrictions about that! Some folks go all out to decorate their cabins, and even their outside cabin door...who, besides you and your hsuband, will even see this? If it brings you pleasure, I say go for it!

I'm totally serious! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas trees! We've done themed trees every year since we bought a house... I just can't imagine it being Christmas without one! It'll be weird enough that this is the first Christmas I'll spend away from my family (but with my NEW family - my hubby!). I'm not talking a 6 foot tree here : ) just a little table-top size! SO cute!!

Me too!!! I love decorating our tree,I have tiny gilded picture frames with photos of family and friends placed among the branches,every one has great fun finding themselves in the tree:D

Berries, ribbons , Victorian ornaments and tiny white lights, it takes forever to do but I love every minute. so I totally understand you wanting to have your 'Christmas Cruise Tree'.

Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon Wishing you every happiness for the future. Oh ...and Merry Christmas !!:)

We sailed on the Noordam last Dec. and we were impressed at the amount of trees and garlands decorating that ship. It was gorgeous! I wouldn't know where to put a sm. tree in a oceanview or veranda room because my husband has his laptop and paraphernalia with him on the desk. I guess one could put sprigs of greenery around for the feel of the holiday. (not on the veranda tho!!!!). HAL did have a small decoration on our door and I think the more expensive rooms had a larger decoration.

We took a holiday cruise a couple of years ago, and our TA had ordered a small table top tree for us. I have a picture of it on our balcony looking out over White Island on Christmas. No lights, but fun. Also, several more experienced cruisers brought major door decorations.

We have sailed a number of times at Christmas and when we pass by open cabin doors, I've seen small (14" or so) artificial trees on peoples counters/tables in their cabins. Definitely get battery operated. There should not be any problem with you having that sort of tree in your cabin. Enjoy.

We sailed on the Noordam last Dec. and we were impressed at the amount of trees and garlands decorating that ship. It was gorgeous! I wouldn't know where to put a sm. tree in a oceanview or veranda room because my husband has his laptop and paraphernalia with him on the desk. I guess one could put sprigs of greenery around for the feel of the holiday. (not on the veranda tho!!!!). HAL did have a small decoration on our door and I think the more expensive rooms had a larger decoration.

Yes, Noordam was decorated beautifully for Christmas. We had a chance to visit aboard and so admired how gorgeous the ship looked.

We sailed Maasdam the cruise just before Christmas and she, too, was all decorated but not quite as lavishly as Noordam. But she did look very festive all 'dressed' for the holidays.

And yes, Typhoon ........ :) there also was a Menorah which was lit nightly.

We didn't have a tree but lots of decorations. We went to the $1 store and found lots of cute things. Garlands, static cling decals, small lights, etc. Our room steward really liked the decor and we offered it to him when we left the ship and he excitedly said he'd love to have them. We had a garland that wrapped around the balcony rail and we could see it from shore and it looked really cute. We had good weather so didn't worry about anything being torn away or we wouldn't have decorated outside.

Enjoy and have a wonderful life. Bon voyage!!

I have a 6-8 inch Christmas tree with battery-operated lights that I took a couple years ago and plan to take again. I also put garland up and gel window clings for our balcony door. I tried to put lights up around the balcony door but could find a way to make them stay up (without putting nails in the wall! ;)). I love decorating the room, especially for Christmas!

1712884897_07-11003b.jpg.c5daeeba46afebc0432d8ddc8f4e663c.jpg

1201616788_07-11003c.jpg.fd11521791d4eddda03ef4e82cf8b49e.jpg

We were on the Amsterdam last year over the holidays, and if I remember correctly, HAL offered two little decorated trees for in-cabin use. I remember the larger one was $40.....not sure about the smaller one, maybe $25-30. I'm sure you could get something less expensive on your own, but getting a tree from the cruiseline could free up some luggage space if you have to fly in.

I didn't buy a tree, but I did buy a really cute Christmas wreath from some street vendors in Santiago which I taped to our cabin door. It had battery operated lights which worked non-stop for days. Inside I just taped up some festive bows. It wasn't like home, but it helped.:)

Archived