How to get through the last days before your cruise???

Hi there - my husband and I leave for our first ever cruise going to Alaska Northbound out of Vancouver on Radiance of the Seas next week. Prior to this we fly into Vancouver for a few days to visit with our daughter. Following the cruise we are spending 10 days driving around Alaska then another three weeks back in Canada. My question - How do I survive until I leave??? I am almost feeling ill with the excitement of it all!!! Have had a practice pack and repack and will have to do another repack if I want to take undies and shoes!!! :D Have whittled my "To Do" list down to a few things, have only 4 days left at work - OH PLEASE how can I survive????:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat as you, no pun intended :p. We leave for Liberty in 10 days. I don't ever remember the last days before a cruise going by so slow in my life! We have everything planned, I have this week of work and then Monday, Tues, and Weds next week and then I'm in vacation mode. I literally daydream at work and think about it at home. It's horrible :D, the last two days have felt like a week.

The time will be here before you know it!

Make lists of all you need to accomplish before leaving. I even make one for the front door as a check off...as we have forgotten things in the past like to turn off the ice maker in the freezer (thank goodness our neighbors were watching our house that time!).

Be sure to check the weather for all ports in Alaska, www.weather.com can give you a 10 day forecast. I know a couple weeks ago people were caught off guard with really warm temps they hadn't anticipated. You will be able to adjust your packing, you may need more short sleeved shirts than you think!

Your holiday sounds lovely, have a great time and take a ton of pictures :)

I'm in the same boat as you, no pun intended :p. We leave for Liberty in 10 days. I don't ever remember the last days before a cruise going by so slow in my life! We have everything planned, I have this week of work and then Monday, Tues, and Weds next week and then I'm in vacation mode. I literally daydream at work and think about it at home. It's horrible :D, the last two days have felt like a week.

In addition to all suggestions so far.... throw yourself a Bon Voyage party :D

What I like to do before I go on vacation to work off all my excited energy is go room to room in my house and straighten things up. I even clean out closets, and when the big day arrives I know I am leaving a clean house and what's even better is coming HOME to a clean house! That always makes my vacation seem that more relaxing!

If you are a reader, go to your favoite bookstore for a few hours. You need the perfect cruise reading!!! (or 2) Another good idea is to double check clothes for spots or stains. Especially formals that have been in the closet for a while. Something might need to go to the dry cleaner.

I know what you mean- we are 11 days out and it is making me NUTS!!!! I have been doing the go room to room and clean; I am having friends over this Saturday; we even are acid washing the pool and refilling it to fill up some time!

Have a super trip! The anticipation is murder!

I look on the nervous anticipation very negatively. The time it takes to get there seem protracted but the cruise will go by extremely quick - too quick.

Mine's is in < 30 days...so Iam just tell myself to enjoy all the days leading up to it. & to slow things down & not rush by it. All the little details will fill your scrap books of memories to retell over & over.

So why not take the days leading up to the cruise as part of the journey.

Enjoy your journey!:)

Another tip I'd read on here before... prepare & freeze a couple meals for when you get home...course you are going to be gone so long that may not help much...but it's nice for people who are only going to be gone a week or so...you don't have to make a trip to the grocery store right away..

:)

I'm in the same boat as you, no pun intended :p.

I'm also in the same boat too! literally!

Can't wait!

I just started looking at my clothes picking what I want to wear each night.

Other than that I will probably just go to the beach everyday and enjoy summer. Don't want to count down life away too much. :)

We leave in TWO days...The anxiety the past week has been close to unbearable....Tomorrow I'll fill the day with cleaning, errands, laundry and probably repacking. I should sit down now with a good book but of course I'm on-line instead. Our AC is on the fritz, the dinner dishes are piled up...Oh GEE at least for this one we are NOT FLYING!!!YEA!!! and before I know it I will be on the deck of the Explorer sipping a very thick tropical drink!!!:D

I have several time management activities to kill time before our next cruise:

1. Visit CC and check out the meet & mingle, ports and island pages and general postings!

2. Watch our Cruise in Review DVD's from past cruises!

3. Play island music everywhere I go!

4. Workout and cut weight!

5. Look at old pictures from past cruises!

6. Shop and Pack!

7. Contact ALL reservarations to confirm!

8. Where my Ship Shape shirts around!

All these methods allow me to have a cruise that last ALL year!!!!

Archived