Michelle Obama's New Hair Cut

KLLund

We have discussed Michelle Obama's fashion sense for some time but the one thing I have always thought was that her hair was a bit old-fashioned. Apparently she or her stylist thought the same. I love this new look for her.

large_MICHELLE-OBAMA-NEW-HAIRCUT.JPG

I love it too! I have not had a haircut in over two years, I wish I had the guts to chop my hair off.:eek:

Wow, not even a trim? Mine is very short and I get it cut between

6 and 8 weeks......actually 8 is long:eek:

I think I will have to get used to the new haircut. Not that she

cares one way or the other;)

I love it too! I have not had a haircut in over two years, I wish I had the guts to chop my hair off.:eek:

No need to chop, just go to a great haircutter and have your hair look better than it has in over 2 years. A haircut doesn't have to mean short and it certainly doesn't have to look chopped off. I am a former hairstylist, so perhaps a bit sensitive to the word "chop".

I watch shows like "What Not To Wear" and cannot understand why women have a need to hang onto crappy looking hair just because they have length. Your hair is your crowning glory, why not have it look great all the time?

I'm undecided whether I like the shorter hair on Mrs. Obama or not on her. I think I'd like to see it from different angles to decide, I can only see part of it. I do think she has great style which is so welcome to see after so many years of frumpy first ladies. The last one with great style was Barbara Bush, for her age she was a classy lady.

I really like it. It seemed to me that she had had her hair straightened, and not very well, so it always just "hung" around her head. This is a much nicer and more sophisticated look. She has a great face and great bone structure and this shorter cut certainly shows them off beautifully.

Valerie:)

I liked her hair before and still like it now. The ONLY fashion criticism I have of Michelle is that I am tired of those wide belts worn right under her bustline. Why so high?

Other than that I think she usually looks terrific. I really admire her ability to consistently show up looking beautifully turned out, calm and collected. I could never do it if I were in her place.

I watch shows like "What Not To Wear" and cannot understand why women have a need to hang onto crappy looking hair just because they have length. Your hair is your crowning glory, why not have it look great all the time?

I watch it too. I find it interesting and ironic that every woman who is made over is nudged into a much shorter cut. Nick's hair could definitely use an update, and frankly I hate Stacey's long shapeless style. Carmindy looks fine with her long hair. But you'd think the "stars" might try following their own advice. I'd like to see someone make over how Stacey dresses as well.

I watch it too. I find it interesting and ironic that every woman who is made over is nudged into a much shorter cut. Nick's hair could definitely use an update, and frankly I hate Stacey's long shapeless style. Carmindy looks fine with her long hair. But you'd think the "stars" might try following their own advice. I'd like to see someone make over how Stacey dresses as well.

wow, the thing I can't stand about WNTW is how all the woman get horrible short haircuts, while Stacey get to keep her gorgeous hair, it really bugs me. Long and ratty not very nice, but long and well cared for is my pick. Notice you don't see woman with short hair in the Victoria Secret catalog. However, I have to say Michelle Obama's new hair looks fantastic on her, she looks younger & fresher.

I really like it. It seemed to me that she had had her hair straightened, and not very well, so it always just "hung" around her head. This is a much nicer and more sophisticated look. She has a great face and great bone structure and this shorter cut certainly shows them off beautifully.

Valerie:)

The new hair cut makes her look much younger and attractive.

Now if she would ditch those cardigans............

wow, the thing I can't stand about WNTW is how all the woman get horrible short haircuts, while Stacey get to keep her gorgeous hair, it really bugs me. Long and ratty not very nice, but long and well cared for is my pick. Notice you don't see woman with short hair in the Victoria Secret catalog. However, I have to say Michelle Obama's new hair looks fantastic on her, she looks younger & fresher.

I think Nick is a great hairstylist and makes every one of the women participating on the show look 150% better than they were doing on their own. Perhaps if they had been taking better care of their hair to begin with, decent haircuts and color, he wouldn't have to cut so much off to make it look better. And...I haven't really seen any too short haircuts on their.

The new hair cut makes her look much younger and attractive.

Now if she would ditch those cardigans............

Amen! I am sick and tired of looking at those cardigans. Somehow I don't really notice the belts (as mentioned in an earlier post) but the cardigans drive me crazy.

Valerie:D

Michele Obama did not actually get her hair cut--its an up tuck,

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/michelle-obama-never-cut-her-hair-2009237

It is super cute though and in my humble opinion, she looks more feminine, classy, and totally like a "first" lady!

Anyone getting a $400.00 hair cut should look good, IMHO I think she should ask for her money back.

Anyone getting a $400.00 hair cut should look good, IMHO I think she should ask for her money back.

Where did the $400 come from?

As it said in the article in the link, she didn't even get a haircut, just had it styled differently.

Is that what she spends to get her hair done?

What about the $6000.00 purse she was photographed with recently?

She is an attractive woman, but personally, I'm getting sick of listening to the media about her hair, arms, clothing, etc. Big deal.

The length of ones hair becomes unimportant when you have been totally bald for a time.

So true. My cousin's hair just grew back from cancer treatments this spring. She looks better than ever, and her hair is about 1" long. She didn't bother to wear wigs.

Mrs. Obama I think can carry off many hairstyles, but weather this is a 'cut' or an 'uptuck', I like it shorter on her.

Archived