Ship and/or bridge tour on Liberty ?

Dear cruisers,

I hope I did not oversee a posting ...

on my first freedom cruise I was checking if a ship and/or bridge tour would be available. It was not due to security reasons (at that time they did not even answer ANY questions on non-tourist areas of the ship).

By accident I found YouTube video about a Liberty bridge tour on May 16th 2008:

I did not see any of these offers on my last freedom cruise Oct 2008.

Does anyone know if they meanwhile offer these kind of tours ? :rolleyes::p

Being technically interested I would be very keen on obtaining a behind the scenes tour ... which I only so far was able to get on an Egypt Nile cruise (the ship being way much smaller).

Cheers

Christian

Christian, it's my understanding that these tours are offered to Suite guests and Diamond Plus guests. The tour has to be signed up for, as there is only limited space. We've been on 2. Once on the Freedom and once on the Liberty.

Rollie

The galley tour is equally fascinating!!!! I would contact the concierge and just ask. We were included as a favor to a suite guest and that was O.K. You never know. There might be room for you, it never hurts to ask.;)

If you are not sailing in a full suite and are not Diamond plus you will not be offered a tour. They will have an auction and sell these tours. On our sailing people paid $200-250 for a tour for 4 people. I don't think it's worth that much but apparently some people do.

We tried to get an engine room tour on the Navigator last year as we were on her for 3 b2b's, but were told it wasn't possible due to security etc. My Mum went on her first RCI cruise on the Independance in May and had an invitation to do an engine room tour on one of the last sea days. I was so jealous:mad:, but it seems it can happen if you are lucky.

Simon

Christian, it's my understanding that these tours are offered to Suite guests and Diamond Plus guests. The tour has to be signed up for, as there is only limited space. We've been on 2. Once on the Freedom and once on the Liberty.

Rollie

That´s correct. Though I have to say it´s still in the power of the Captain to decide if tours are given to these people or not. It also seems like suite guests are not always included in this.

If you are not sailing in a full suite and are not Diamond plus you will not be offered a tour. They will have an auction and sell these tours. On our sailing people paid $200-250 for a tour for 4 people. I don't think it's worth that much but apparently some people do.

Then we were the 'O so fortunate' exception to the rule...thank you Concierge for Voyager.:p

We were on the Liberty May 2008, we are soon to be Diamond Plus, we were in a GS. We were not offered a tour, I overheard in the CL about passengers in similar suites ( and this was there first RCL tour) going on a Bridge tour.

I asked and the concierge wasn't sure we could go. We eventually took the tour, my point if you are in a Suite you have to ask.....doesn't matter if you are a loyal royal.

You can always sail with Princess and pay $150 for a behind the scenes tour of the bridge, theater, and galley. As an added incentive you get a robe and chef's apron to bring home with you. I believe Carnival is also offering a similar tour for a price. Guess RCI isn't the only line looking to enhance their onboard revenue.:rolleyes:

Archived