Freedom Condition?

We're booked on the Freedom next June, long wait, but better than nothing. Hopefully taking a 5 night in March, but anyways, I have read a couple of posts saying that the Freedom is looking a little tired. It's made me wonder a little bit about what she is going to look like when we're on her. We just got off Liberty yesterday and she looked wonderful, but she's two years old, Freedom will be four when we sail on her. The last time we were on Freedom, she was almost brand new.

I've never been on a ship after dry dock before, will she be looking good about a month after her dry dock next year or should we go for the Liberty again? I just remember the Navigator was 4 when we sailed on her and she didn't look bad, but she didn't look as good as some of the others we have been on, but she had never been dry docked.

Thanks guys, I'm not too worried, just curious what other people have to say.

We're booked on the Freedom next June, long wait, but better than nothing. Hopefully taking a 5 night in March, but anyways, I have read a couple of posts saying that the Freedom is looking a little tired. It's made me wonder a little bit about what she is going to look like when we're on her. We just got off Liberty yesterday and she looked wonderful, but she's two years old, Freedom will be four when we sail on her. The last time we were on Freedom, she was almost brand new.

I've never been on a ship after dry dock before, will she be looking good about a month after her dry dock next year or should we go for the Liberty again? I just remember the Navigator was 4 when we sailed on her and she didn't look bad, but she didn't look as good as some of the others we have been on, but she had never been dry docked.

Thanks guys, I'm not too worried, just curious what other people have to say.

i was told she still look brand new and they where putting up new carpets ,freedom need a little touch up but for know is still look brand new

If you have any doubts on how she looks now just check out Radio's Live from the Freedom that he just completed......... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1034183 ............think you will enjoy all his pictures as she looks today........she's still in great shape and will even be better by the time you sail.........enjoy his thread cause we all did............:)

RCCL keeps all of its ships, including the oldest, in great condition. Some folks will complain about anything.

I don't feel like the poster was complaining--sounds like a legitimate question to me. I was under the impression that these boards were for the sharing of information, not for passing of judgement. With comments like this I bet there are several people that are scared to ask a simple question that may help them with their cruise planning.

2 years old and looking tired.

Please tell me you arenot being serious?

Excuse me but can you read?

I said Liberty was two and looked great. And obviously I'm not hard to please, I thought that both the Enchantment and Sovereign looked fine when I sailed on them and they are old ships. Should I apologize that the two reviews of Freedom I read before I left said that she didn't look as good as she could have :rolleyes:?

My main question was does a four year old ship look new after a dry dock? Theres no need to be a smart @ss when you can't comprehend a post.

I said Liberty was two and looked great. And obviously I'm not hard to please, I thought that both the Enchantment and Sovereign looked fine when I sailed on them and they are old ships. Should I apologize that the two reviews of Freedom I read before I left said that she didn't look as good as she could have :rolleyes:?

My main question was does a four year old ship look new after a dry dock? Theres no need to be a smart @ss when you can't comprehend a post.

You may have a point but as you also admit both the Enchantment and Sovereign, both considerably older than Freedom, looked fine when you sailed on them. It just makes one wonder why you would question how good a newer ship would look, especially if she has just returned from a drydock where, if anything, enhancements are commonly part of the drydock procedures. As others have posted, RCI and most of the major cruiselines do an excellent job of maintaining their ships in topnotch condition, despite the number of guests who sail on her every sailing. Even if the negative reviews you cite are accurate, you can be reasonably certain that the drydock would address such deficiencies. :)

Yes, she will look great after her drydock. Many times in drydock, the cruise line will replace carpets, bed linens, rubber flooring, etc., as well as perform any needed major mechanical repairs. Some things are simply too difficult to do while pax are onboard.

Earlier this year, I was on the Brilliance which is 7 years old, she looked almost brand new. I have. Last year I sailed on the Enchantment and while not as exactly sparkling, she was in good shape and didn't look tired.

I wouldn't worry about it.

You may have a point but as you also admit both the Enchantment and Sovereign, both considerably older than Freedom, looked fine when you sailed on them. It just makes one wonder why you would question how good a newer ship would look, especially if she has just returned from a drydock where, if anything, enhancements are commonly part of the drydock procedures. As others have posted, RCI and most of the major cruiselines do an excellent job of maintaining their ships in topnotch condition, despite the number of guests who sail on her every sailing. Even if the negative reviews you cite are accurate, you can be reasonably certain that the drydock would address such deficiencies. :)

Ya I can undersand your point, but there's different expectations for a two and ten thousand dollar cruise lol :). I was just wondering whether it would be worth it to fly to a newer ship.

Ya I can undersand your point, but there's different expectations for a two and ten thousand dollar cruise lol :). I was just wondering whether it would be worth it to fly to a newer ship.

Only if you are the type of person who is only satisfied on the newest and biggest ship. How many ways is it necessary to explain that in no way should Freedom be considered an "older" ship? :rolleyes: If you are expecting never to see any wear and tear on a cruise ship, you had best limit yourself to inaugural sailings because once guests sail on her, some signs of their presence will be seen if you look hard and close enough. Even then you have to be concerned that the workmen may not have done a stellar job with their finish work. You claim to have sailed on RCI ships in the past. If so, you should have noticed that preventative maintenance is an ongoing process even during your cruises let alone when the ships go into drydock. If you are trying to justify going back on the Liberty or an even newer ship, you don't need to use the age of Freedom as your excuse. Just book whatever ship will satisfy your needs and don't look for flimsy "what if" excuses to justify your decision.

I see why you are 10,000+ posts...picking apart innocent questions and putting others down because you think their posts are not worthy. People like you bring negative energy to what is supposed to be a happy and informative place on the web.

We were on the Adventure at the end of Jan09 and she was going into drydock in April. We found that out while we were on the cruise! To me, the ship looked great!!!!! I certainly wasn't on board to inspect the carpets and wear and tear!!!! I think if you are sailing after dry dock - the "wear and tear" will be replaced!!!! Don't sweat about it and have a great cruise

I see why you are 10,000+ posts...picking apart innocent questions and putting others down because you think their posts are not worthy. People like you bring negative energy to what is supposed to be a happy and informative place on the web.

Sorry you feel that way, but I find it difficult to give much credibility to someone who believes that a four year old ship is "old", will show serious wear and tear even after it has just come out of drydock, and is considering switching ships because of such "serious" imperfections. It is my opinion, and I hope you will permit me to have one, that the poster was looking for any excuse to change his cruise plans, not asking an "innocent" question.:)

I don't feel like the poster was complaining--sounds like a legitimate question to me. I was under the impression that these boards were for the sharing of information, not for passing of judgement. With comments like this I bet there are several people that are scared to ask a simple question that may help them with their cruise planning.

Umm, don't jump to judgment yourself!

My comment was not directed at the OP but those posters who complained about the condition of Freedom.

aren't the liberty and freedom carnival ships?

Cruise lines seem to lack imagination when it comes to naming their ships. There are a Carnival Liberty and a Carnival Freedom, but the ships being discussed here are the Liberty of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas, both ships in the Royal Caribbean International fleet. On boards associated with a particular line, posters tend to abbreviate their references to particular ships which can, at times, lead to some confusion, as your post seems to indicate.:)

My fault didn't read properly.

Suggest you book the Allure, the Oasis, the Azura, the Epic, the Eclipse or any other brand new ship to stop you losing sleep over the condition of a 4 year old ship.

Oh yes, and I think I am right in saying that you can type in the word ASS. It doesn't make you any less rude by substituting an ampersand.

The poster you are referring to has reached 10,000+ posts because of their experience and helpful/informative nature :D I don't feel any negative energy whatsoever. We are entitled to our opinions whether they are supportive of the OP or not.

The poster you are referring to has reached 10,000+ posts because of their experience and helpful/informative nature :D I don't feel any negative energy whatsoever. We are entitled to our opinions whether they are supportive of the OP or not.

seconded.

I see the person who made the comments has made 31 posts on this forum and consequently has obviously many months of experience on here

Archived