power outage on enchantment

Electrical outages are quite common on ships, just like they are in the city you live in. Sometimes it is cut off to restart/reset something else. Sometimes, there can be a small electrical fire. Who knows! I think I have been on 2-3 ships that had a brief electrical interruption.

LOL Another reason...it's all those #*%# extension cords and power strips that passengers insist they need.:D All you need is a small outlet adaptor (makes one outlet into 2 or 3 outlets) that cost less than $2.

I was on an NCL ship that lost power ... it was during the day and it was a beautiful sunny morning. It was great! We were hanging out on the top deck when it happened and it was very calm and peaceful just floating out on the ocean. Of course, the people stuck in the elevators would probably have a different tune to whistle.

Had the same thing happen on the Jewel. It was at night and lasted for two hours. The emergency lights in the hall way did come on. We drifted slightly off our coarse, but not far. The problem was with a generator. Some people extremely upset. We went back to sleep and only found out how long it lasted in the morning.

OK...someone already mentioned, but it was Mr/Mrs Smith in 7135 who plugged in their hot rollers, curling iron, clothes iron, steamer, cell phone charger, iPod charger, coffeemaker, waffle iron, crock pot, laptop computer, and blow dryer all at the same time---one cabin drawing about 300 amps of power......

next time I'm bringing a flashlight

Good idea...just make sure it's a rechargeable one, that way it can be plugged into the power strip along with every other household appliance known to man......J/K.....:D

I'm sure at some point people will begin bringing small microwave ovens on board so if they complain that their room service order is cold, they can simply nuke it in-cabin......Oops.....I can hear the gears turning from other CC members......I think I just gave a few people some ideas.....then we can begin smuggling microwave popcorn onboard.

Archived