$200.00 Coupon Fraud

JeanieRich

It just seems like try to make everything so difficult these days. They must have a huge staff of lawyers just sitting around and writing disclaimers for every piece of paper and program that is generated by Carnival.

They have to because there is a huge number of personal injury lawyers just waiting around waiting for people to get mad and sue them.

I have no affiliation with either. Just an observation.

I guess I'm having trouble with the idea that other people need to protect you from yourself.

If you husband doesn't know anything about the travel plans, why didn't he ask you before he bought them?

Adults should, imo, be responsible for their own actions. We all have purchased something impulsively, but I can't see holding others responsible for that.

i bought one on the splendor in sept. and they were very clear about the amount of the obc . i booked the 15 day cruise to hawaii out off san pedro and they took $100 off our deposit and were gonna get $200 obc. i think it is a great deal

You get at least $50 OBC gain for even the shortest cruise. How is that a rip off? :confused:

I'll be enjoying my $50 OBC on the Imagination and $100 on the Miracle in less than 2 weeks. I hope Carnival continue to perpetrate this fraud and rip me off some more when I sail B2B on the Splendor in Feb and will get $100 more OBC on each cruise. :rolleyes:

This thread was started last year and back when the program was new for many of the ships. I will admit that when we purchased our first certificate we really had to ask alot of questions to get past the "If it sounds to good to be true...." feelings we had. Some of the people selling the certificates seemed to talk in circles at the beginning as well. However after reading the fine print and several purchases later we have found the certificates to be an excellent value for us. There doesn't seem to be as many complaints about the certificates now that they have been around for awhile :)

This thread was started last year and back when the program was new for many of the ships. I will admit that when we purchased our first certificate we really had to ask alot of questions to get past the "If it sounds to good to be true...." feelings we had. Some of the people selling the certificates seemed to talk in circles at the beginning as well. However after reading the fine print and several purchases later we have found the certificates to be an excellent value for us. There doesn't seem to be as many complaints about the certificates now that they have been around for awhile :)

You are totally right and we aren't using ours for our upcoming 5 day cause you only get 50.00 OBC for an additional two days of sailing you get double that :D

You are totally right and we aren't using ours for our upcoming 5 day cause you only get 50.00 OBC for an additional two days of sailing you get double that :D

Don't get it. Why don't you use it and buy another for your next cruise. Aren't you giving up a $50 OBC?

We have bought one on our last two cruises. Just prepaying $100 of your next cruise. Also getting between $50 and $200 OBC. That’s the free bonus. So they are actually worth $150 to $300. You can get a full refund anytime in sixty months. I don’t see anything bad about this. Only one can be purchased at a time on a cruise. While on the Liberty we were told that if we actually booked a cruise while on board we could purchase the coupon and get two free to give as gifts for friend or relatives to use if they sail on the same cruise we booked. ;)

They cannot be used with prior booked cruises.

We were told they could be used on a cruise that was already booked as long as that cruise was in the FUTURE. Wrong.

We bought our on the Freedom in september. We sent it in when we got back for our december cruise that was booked in august. They accepted it and we got the OBC. We had it 2 days after sending it certified.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

We were told when making a purchase that we could only purchase one per cabin.

I know they also can be use if the cruise is already paid for in full. You will get a credit on the credit card you paid for the cruise with.

I don’t know about this, maybe you could get an extra $100 OBC instead of the refund.

You pay $100 for the certificate (which does go towards your next cruise either way because when you send in the certificate they'll apply the $100 you spent towards your balance or deposit) and you get up to $200 of on board credit on a future cruise depending on cruise length. For example, on a 7 day you'd get $100 on board credit. Honestly, either way you're still getting free money just for purchasing a certificate and the money you used to purchase it goes towards that cruise anyways. How is that a rip off?

Yea, they shouldn't have explained it that way but you're still getting free money so why complain?

I believe that Military rates are the only ones that it cannot be used with....but I do not have the wording in front of me to confirm.

Used to be true, no longer true. can be combined with military rate.

I believe the only rate it cannot now be used with is interline (travel employees) .. but have not had this confirmed lately, so this might be lifted as well by now.

We were told when making a purchase that we could only purchase one per cabin.

I know they also can be use if the cruise is already paid for in full. You will get a credit on the credit card you paid for the cruise with.

I don’t know about this, maybe you could get an extra $100 OBC instead of the refund.

Yikes whoever told you that needs to be trained on how to sell the certificates. We've purchased more than one on several of our cruises including the Miracle that we just got back from. My biggiest gripe with the certificates and I mentioned this to the gal selling them on the Miracle is that there should be a way to purchase them onboard without having to stand in line waiting for a turn at the desk. There was always three or four people in line and most often they were asking questions such as "If I want to sail out of XYZ do you have 7 day cruises and where do they sail" etc. Luckily the gal started encouraging people to go use the free Carnival.com connection to look up various cruises. I'm hoping that eventually you can just call and order them while on the ship :)

I wanted to add that with all the new rules for group cruise bookings and various rates this is one promotion they are heavily encouraging people to use as it is totally combinable with all rates except interline rates. Vivianne the gal that sold them on the Miracle came to our group cocktail party to promote them since they were in fact combinable with group rates. :)

Our last purchase was on our last cruise on the Miracle. We could buy only one per cabin. We had only one cabin. For us there was no wait at all. The desk had a sign as to the hours that someone would be working and we just showed up and made a purchase. There were times we walked past the desk there were two employees working behind the desk. It is amazing how every cruise is different. We will buy more if they are available on the ship we will be sailing on. I think it would be nice to be able to purchase them from your cabin via the remote control on your room TV:)

Used to be true, no longer true. can be combined with military rate.

I believe the only rate it cannot now be used with is interline (travel employees) .. but have not had this confirmed lately, so this might be lifted as well by now.

oops...thanks for the correction.

No. Not good with military.

Also, since some get confused, the $100 applied to your final payment, is the $100 you paid for the certificate. Some come away thinking they are going to get $100 off plus $100 OBC = $200, just wanted to clear up anyone still confused.

I have friends who use it with their military rate on every cruise.....hmmmmmm :(

Archived