San Pedro Hotels

cruisingready

Thank you to everyone for your information! I think we have decided to stay at the Double Tree and take the midnight tour on the Queen Mary, its not even a 12 minute drive from the DT, and we would be saving ourselves a huge hassle wiith parking etc. Hotels get complicated! Its hard to find the one where your going to get the most bang for your buck or the most "reasonable" as I consider it. Gone are the days where you could get a nice hotel room, in a nice hotel, for $50!

I previusly worked for Hilton Properties inc. and can't wait to have those warm chocolate chip cookies again!

An excellent choice! :p

I called the Doubletree and they confirmed you DO NOT need to pay the cruise/park rate. Everyone who stays there gets to park for free.

Thank you so much! That was a wealth of help! I would have called myself, but I think their getting tired of talking to me :rolleyes: I think they hear my voice and think "oh no! Not her again!" Lol. That is a HUGE help, I'm starting to feel pretty good about this decission :D

I called the Doubletree and they confirmed you DO NOT need to pay the cruise/park rate. Everyone who stays there gets to park for free.

That's a bit confusing. Why then do they have a cruise/park rate? We've stayed and paid the c/p rate previously. Will want to know before staying there in December and leaving our car for 20 days.

That's a bit confusing. Why then do they have a cruise/park rate? We've stayed and paid the c/p rate previously. Will want to know before staying there in December and leaving our car for 20 days.

I wondered that myself, that's why I called. Seems their web page has older/conflicting information on it. Must have gotten tired of dealing with all the parking enforcement issues.:eek:

I wondered that myself, that's why I called. Seems their web page has older/conflicting information on it. Must have gotten tired of dealing with all the parking enforcement issues.:eek:

That's EXACTLY what is it:D I was with Embassy Suites here in Napa for some time, and we eventually gave up charging for parking, then we gave up on the cars needing parking permits, it just wasn't working out, its just too much of a pain. Many guests come in late, their tired, they forget to place their parking permit on their window, and then next thing you know their screaming at the front desk agents because their car was towed. It was unneccessary expenses on the hotels behalf. If you want to play it safe, deliberately place something with the name of the hotel on it, like a napkin or key card (yes you can keep them) and just place it in plain sight in your car, like the dashboard or drivers seat, this way they know for sure that you have been a hotel guest.

I do enjoy staying with Hilton properties, they aren't quite luxury, but not economy either, they're very comfortable. This trip just seems to be falling together nicely:D

Just to update those interested in booking thru Priceline. We booked today at $92.00 as $65.00 did not work for a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro. So bottom line, Crown Plaza $92.00 a night is the going rate at this time.

Just to update those interested in booking thru Priceline. We booked today at $92.00 as $65.00 did not work for a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro. So bottom line, Crown Plaza $92.00 a night is the going rate at this time.

I just checked their "best available" rate for early January and it is $144 so you are ahead of the game.....it's just that we got kind of used of it being $65.:(

Maybe so, but we're staying there on October 3rd and all it took was a $65.00 bid. There may be an event in the area which caused the price to be higher than normal for you.

we just book 4 days ago....65.00

We also booked last week for early Feb. for $65 so I would start there at least. It all depends on the specific date! (However, the longer you wait the higher the price. I found that out the hard way!)

• 3 months later...

For February 26th:

I've been trying Priceline for the last 10 days with bids starting at $65, and the highest at $79, with no success.

By the way, the current "best" rates I'm getting on the hotel websites are:

Crown Plaza $144

DoubleTree $119

The Vagabond in over on Gaffey St. (at 2nd) is about 80 bucks for 2 queens that evening.

Trying to holdout for that Priceline 3.5 star thing tho.....

For February 26th:

I've been trying Priceline for the last 10 days with bids starting at $65, and the highest at $79, with no success.

By the way, the current "best" rates I'm getting on the hotel websites are:

Crown Plaza $144

DoubleTree $119

The Vagabond in over on Gaffey St. (at 2nd) is about 80 bucks for 2 queens that evening.

Trying to holdout for that Priceline 3.5 star thing tho.....

Two years ago I had a similar problem and we ended up staying at the Vagabond. I know some people say it's ok but we HATED it. It felt dirty and we couldn't wait to get out of there. When I realized we had spent thousands on the vacation and I stayed there to save $30 or $40 I felt really stupid. Keep trying Priceline - even if you have to go to $100. Skip two drinks and you'll have paid for a MUCH NICER overnight experience and start ot your vacation!

I think you should try going for WV. It's one of the best places to visit.

What's "WV"?

Welp. Had to go up to $95 on Priceline (which comes to $116.10 with taxes/fees).

I was hoping for the DoubleTree. Boating is our passion, so being at the marina would have been terrific.

Ended up in the Crowne Plaza, so I guess we'll just have to suffer through........ :D (just a little joke amoung friends)

.............. I'm pretty sure I saw a "Best Available" rate at the Crowne Plaza website yesterday at $120.

And now on to the rental car. Looks like I can get one from Hertz - for two days - for less than the cab ride from LAX...... go figure!

LovetheNW, thanks for sharing your final win bid.

I have been trying for weeks for April 9 stay bid up to $90 with no luck. I have the Crowne Plaza booked as a cancelable back up just in case.

We've got the same thing -- back up rooms at the Crown. So far, I've bid up to $80 for 2 rooms but they just say no and don't even give me the old "if you add just so much more etc." line.

I am trying to get a room in San Pedro for the night of 3/20/10. Hopefully, the Doubletree or CP via hotwire. I keep getting a message that there are no rooms available in San Pedro. Am I doing something wrong or is it too early? Any and all help appreciated...There are 3 couples traveling together so I need 3 rooms...

Thanks in advance..

Archived