Compare Enchantment 8170 & 7166 pls?

KAWS

We're booked in 7166 which is a full aft (corner). The only drawback is it's right above the Carousel Lounge.

I just saw today that 8170 has become available. This is also a full aft but not a corner.

Can someone tell me which is the better choice? Not sure if I should change or stick with what I have. Obviously I need to hurry up and make up my mind cause it's sure to go quick.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light for me.

well we were in 7170 and it was VERY noisy--thumping bass til well past midnight.....we were supposed to have the same cabin on our B2B but we moved for the 2nd leg.

that said, another CCer was in a corner aft (karinagw-hopefully she will stop by) and said she didn't hear anything (but i tease her that she didn't hear anything since she was the one SINGING karaoke! lol!:D hi karina!)

the cabin also shook like crazy...the drawers and closet kept opening. that said, many people love them-mom and i did not.

we moved up to deck 8 (forget the cabin...not too far from the concierge lounge) and we heard pool furniture periodically....

you will get many varied opinions....so gather your info and make an informed decision! have fun whatever you decide!

We were in 7166 last week. The balcony is huge. We loved it. The noise from the Spotlight Lounge is loud, but ended by midnight every night on our cruise. If someone says they did not hear any noise from the lounge, then I'm guessing they didn't get back to the room before midnight on the nights when the lounge was "thumping". Each to their own, but for us, it was better to be be in 7166 where the noise stops at midnight, then on deck 8 when the deck chairs reportedly get thrown around at 5am.

We were in 7166 last week. The balcony is huge. We loved it. The noise from the Spotlight Lounge is loud, but ended by midnight every night on our cruise. If someone says they did not hear any noise from the lounge, then I'm guessing they didn't get back to the room before midnight on the nights when the lounge was "thumping". Each to their own, but for us, it was better to be be in 7166 where the noise stops at midnight, then on deck 8 when the deck chairs reportedly get thrown around at 5am.[/quote]

eh, more like 3 AM on the last night of the cruise....

that wasn't as bad as the thumping......really NOT fun. at least someone else agrees that you can hear it though! yay! (you're lucky though..once it was close to 1 AM!:eek::mad: got ZERO sleep...it was so loud that when we called security they didn't even have to come INTO the cabin to hear, they heard it at the door! Really, not sure WHY it has to be soooooo loud!

We had 7666, the other corner aft and yeah, I thought it was pretty loud at least 2 nights out of the 5 and well past midnight on one of those. I never thought to call security.

But I liked the aft enough to give it another try on the Jewel later this year. Now I am worried about the Congo bar which will be right below our cabin.:eek:

I am hoping that the engineers have fixed the noise issue.

Sheal

that wasn't as bad as the thumping......really NOT fun. at least someone else agrees that you can hear it though! yay! (you're lucky though..once it was close to 1 AM!:eek::mad: got ZERO sleep...it was so loud that when we called security they didn't even have to come INTO the cabin to hear, they heard it at the door! Really, not sure WHY it has to be soooooo loud!

As I recall, the 2 worst nights were the night they did the 70's or 80's dance party, and the night they did the Quest. The dance party ended about 11:30. The Quest ended later. I imagine they have less control on how long the Quest goes. That could explain why the thumping goes on past midnight on some cruises. On a funny note, we've seen the Quest many times, and didn't go this last time. However, we know the music they play at the point when the men are forced to parade around in the heels, etc. We were in the room at that time, and immediately recognized that music and knew the Quest was almost over.

Bob

Bob,

Well, I will conclude that it must have been the 80's night because I heard quite a few Madonna songs on one of those nights. I ended up staying out on the deck that night, figured that if I had to feel the beat I should hear the words too.

Sheal

Thank you all for your comments and input. I also emailed my TA and she agreed about the noise and said it would absolutely be noisier there than in 8170.

She made the switch for us immediately. I am happy about the switch. I'd rather take my chances with the fitness/spa above us than the lounge below. Even if I have to give up the corner wrap, we'll still be in a full aft and that balcony is very large too.

Thanks again everyone!

I just got back from Caribbean cruise on Enchantment. I paid for a really nice suite #8114 and could barely sleep at night! All I hear were loud banging and thumping sounds from 6AM - 2AM ..come to find out that the jogging/running track/major thoroughfare party deck is RIGHT ABOVE the 8th floor! Buyer beware. I would go for floor #7. Hope this helps!

We're booked in 7166 which is a full aft (corner). The only drawback is it's right above the Carousel Lounge.

I just saw today that 8170 has become available. This is also a full aft but not a corner.

Can someone tell me which is the better choice? Not sure if I should change or stick with what I have. Obviously I need to hurry up and make up my mind cause it's sure to go quick.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light for me.

As I recall, the 2 worst nights were the night they did the 70's or 80's dance party, and the night they did the Quest. The dance party ended about 11:30. The Quest ended later. I imagine they have less control on how long the Quest goes. That could explain why the thumping goes on past midnight on some cruises. On a funny note, we've seen the Quest many times, and didn't go this last time. However, we know the music they play at the point when the men are forced to parade around in the heels, etc. We were in the room at that time, and immediately recognized that music and knew the Quest was almost over.

Bob

Hi Bob :)

Hi Lee! Hi Bob!

What? Did we not trample loud enough during The Quest? Our room (8114) was right under the 9th floor door out to the upper deck (a.k.a. the jogging track and the teen/tweens tromping grounds/thoroughfare) Besides lack of sleep from all the joggers and kids, I really enjoyed this cruise. The ruins were great and the entertainment was pretty good. I have never been on a bad cruise..I enjoy them all.

It was a delight meeting you both. Small world re: Lake Forest (El Toro!!).

Cheers,

Cory

How can you look at what other staterooms are available?

You can call the cruise line or call your travel agent. Any other ideas? Too bad it's not like an airline where you can just choose your seat my clicking on it! It surely would make things a lot easier...

Hi Lee! Hi Bob!

What? Did we not trample loud enough during The Quest? Our room (8114) was right under the 9th floor door out to the upper deck (a.k.a. the jogging track and the teen/tweens tromping grounds/thoroughfare) Besides lack of sleep from all the joggers and kids, I really enjoyed this cruise. The ruins were great and the entertainment was pretty good. I have never been on a bad cruise..I enjoy them all.

It was a delight meeting you both. Small world re: Lake Forest (El Toro!!).

Cheers,

Cory

Hi Cory,

Oh, so that was you making all the noise during the Quest?

Seriously, it was nice meeting you also. I hope we run into you again sometime soon.

Bob

Archived