extreme forward cabins on QM2

deck chair

Hi gang:

On previous sailings on QM2 I have always been in a B2 but with VERY LIMITED space, at this point there is only a C3 available on deck 6 (6010) a cabin very far forward with a porthole. Has anyone stayed in this sort of cabin? would it be a mistake? Also, cabin 4037 is also available but it appears to over the the royal Court theatre. MIstake? Thanks for any guidance...

Deck Chair

Hi gang:

On previous sailings on QM2 I have always been in a B2 but with VERY LIMITED space, at this point there is only a C3 available on deck 6 (6010) a cabin very far forward with a porthole. Has anyone stayed in this sort of cabin? would it be a mistake? Also, cabin 4037 is also available but it appears to over the the royal Court theatre. MIstake? Thanks for any guidance...

Deck Chair

The only problem with a cabin very far foward would be if there is a swell and the ship is pitching. You may find yourself being pushed into the bed as the bow goes up and then left hanging there for what seems like seconds when the bed drops away from you. Does not make sleeping easy. My experience was on QE2 in a very bad swell, so you might be lucky and get a smooth ride.

6010 is a large, handicapped-accessible cabin. It is approx. 50% larger that other C3's.

Not sure if you're looking at a cruise or crossing, but there will be lots of noise in 6010 if/when the anchor is dropped.

The only problem with a cabin very far foward would be if there is a swell and the ship is pitching. You may find yourself being pushed into the bed as the bow goes up and then left hanging there for what seems like seconds when the bed drops away from you. Does not make sleeping easy. My experience was on QE2 in a very bad swell, so you might be lucky and get a smooth ride.

I also experienced the levitation you described in QE2's farthest forward

inside single - Cabin #3002 - transatlantic in 1979 with 60 ft. swells.

In 30 years of cruising this was the only day I've ever not felt like

eating:mad: - but a fascinating thing to experience anyway!

I'm sure this is not a common situation, wouldn't be afraid to book in

the bow again.

Lanky Lad describes the feeling well. However, my Wife and I actually like sleeping with the up and down. Saves having to roll over. Sleep like a baby with the compression/weightless cycles and also love hearing the "woosh" of the sea as the bow dips into the swells. Anchor noise/bow thruster noise is no issue on transatlantics. Enjoy.

In reply to your question, we have just returned today from a QM2 Northern Splendours cruise staying in cabin no. 6001 the most forward and handicapped accesssible cabin on that deck. It was a great cabin with lots of room but there is noise when docking, with the forward thrusters being operated but that affects everyone in that section anyway! We thought that there must be machine rooms the other side of the service door for the anchors, ropes and cranes on deck 7. If you are on a TA you will only find it a bit noisy on two occasions - the beginning and the end!

have a good time.

CathyW

Oh yes, on one of my first crossings on QE2 I was very far forward during a raging storm. My bed lurched and dropped like a roller coaster. It was moving so much I did not dare get up from the bed, and was so sick I couldn't anyway.

Archived