Why is Princess Cruise Tours so much more $$$ compared to Holland Cruise Tours.

Jimbo

I agree to get a copy of Frommers or Fodors and read through those. It would be very helpful. After you have read more, you will start to get a feel for what you want to see and do in ALaska. Everyone has different interests. Alaska, for most people, is a once in a lifetime experience. Make the most of it, in case you don't get back there.

Budget Queen has been to Alaska well over 20 times. She is a wealth of information. I would take her suggestions seriously. Just keep in mind your interests. No matter what someone suggests as a "must do," you may or may not find it interesting. As BQ said, what are your interests? That will determine how to make the most of this trip.

As I said before, I recommend driving. You will see so much more as you can make stops along your routing.

Good luck!

No problem renting a car, I just didn't want to pay those huge rental fees for a one way from Fairbanks to Anchorage

Just checked car rental and I can get a car for around $150:) Anchorage car rental from May 21st to May 26th. I think that should give us enough time heading north and to get the car back and still give us the time for what we want to do South of Anchorage.

Airfare $265:) per person one way to Anchorage

Must do's

Hotel in Denali 2 nights Grand Denali

Excursion (Denali Raft McKinley Mild Water

Excursion (Denali Widerness Tour )Not going to Alaska without see Denali Park:)

Hotel in Talkteetna Alaskan Lodge

Excursion (K2 McKinley Experience Flight

Hotel Hotel Alyeska I guess since we have the car now we could cut out the stay there and just have dinner there and the tram ride and then stay in Whitter at the INN at WHITTIER(Still like the looks of that place, looks really nice.

Dinner @ Seven Glaciers

(Alyeska Tram Ride)

Aleast 1 maybe 2 nights in Anchorage if you can can suggest some interesting things to do while we are there before Train Ride

Anchorage Grand Hotel($99.00)1 night

Alaska Railroad Anchorage to Seward - Dome Train

Maybe a stay in Seward if we can find something other then another boat tour.

Prince William Sound Boat Tour) 6-hour cruise in Whittier :)

Your thoughts on which would be the best order to get everything in and still only have the car from the 21st or 22nd to the 26th?

You asked "Basic question- wildlife?? Scenery?Both have to do a particular activity??not hiker's or bikes This would be helpful first. Second, what kind of travel?? You seem to now becoming more open to driving?? Or do you still want the railroad?? want both no problems driving as I said above.

Jimbo:)

I agree with Budget Queen. The itinerary is all over the map. Why don't you take the train RT from Fairbanks back to Anchorage, then rent a ONE WAY rental when you return to ANC so you can see everything on the way to Girdwood, Seward or Whittier. The train scenery is fantastic, but you MISS a lot without a car, especially since you are staying at Alyeska. What do you plan to do there, other than the tram ride???

In the area, there is Portage Glacier visitors center (really good, the little cruise is not worth much IMHO, but it is cheap with the 2/1 coupons), the Alaska Wildlife Center, Beluga Point, the beautiful drive through Cooper Landing, stopping at the Kenai Princess for lunch along the river, all the things Seward has to offer.

If you get to Whittier Friday morning and take the PWS cruise Friday afternoon, you have essentially done all that Whittier has to offer. There is little infrastructure in Whittier that is pleasing to tourists. The museum is very small. For food, there is the Anchor Inn, which is the local store, laundry and bar. Decent food. But few activities. I really feel you are wasting your time trying to stay in Whittier.

You DO realize that the Grande Denali is very high on a hill??? There is a shuttle, but you are totally dependent on the shuttle availability to get anyplace in Glitter Gulch. I love the place and will be staying there Friday and Saturday with our friends, but you are kind of "captured" high on that hill without a car. We have waited as long as an hour for the shuttle to pick us up (which was the only time we didn't have a car). Doesn't work well if you have a pre scheduled excursion.

And watch the Inn at Whittier-it has opened and closed at least once in the last 2 years. 2008 closure was a disastrous bankruptcy filing which did in a couple of construction companies in Alaska. I don't know how the new owners are going to make it with very few tourists actually staying in Whittier due to lack of activities and infrastructure.

Rethink this whole trip. There ARE better options.

OK ... I'll muddy the water for you Jimbo and just tell you what we did since it sounds like we're on a similar page (and I have a differing opinion). We cruised Northbound the end of May out of Vancouver (on Princess) to Whittier. We stayed in Whittier for the PWS tour and took the Alaska RR into Anchorage that evening. LOVED the PWS tour -- awesome glaciers! We spent the night at the Comfort Inn right near the train station and picked up our rental car the next morning (Comfort Inn picks up at the train station and will take you to the airport). We drove to Seward but couldn't do the Kenai Fjords boat tour as the seas were too high. We did go to the Alaska Sealife Center and had lunch. While nice, I personally wouldn't go back to Seward (JMTC). We spent a second night in Anchorage (wish we had gone to the sled dog rodeo which was next door to the Comfort Inn) and then headed to Denali for two nights. The roads were EXCELLENT ... no problems at all (early June). We did stop in Wasilla for "eats" before heading to Denali and was glad we did as the cost of everything doubled. By having a car, we were able to get on an earlier bus tour into Denali and also visit some of the restaurants in the area away from Glitter Gulch.

We drove to Fairbanks after our two nights at Denali and went to the North Pole (small town ... total tourist trap ... great fun), had lunch, and then returned our rental car and flew OUT of Fairbanks home (late departure). We were blessed with overall good weather and had a fantastic trip. Our cost was comparable (or maybe slightly less) than a cruise tour by using the Northern Lights coupon book for lodging and our AAA membership.

Everyone on this board gave GREAT advice and told me tons of things I wouldn't have known otherwise. Ultimately, though, this was our personal best route and other than the time we spent in Seward, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Thinking like this now.

Arrival into Anchorage, late afternoon

1 night Anchorage(Friday)

leave next morning for Denaili (After Picking up Car Rental)

2 nights Denali(Saturday & Sunday)

Denali Raft McKinley Mild Water (Pm arriving day)

TWT(Am second day)

1 night Talkeetna(Monday)

K2 McKinley Experience Flight(Evening flight)

leave next morning for Lunch @ Seven Glaciers

(Alyeska Tram Ride)

2 nights in Anchorage (Tuesday & Wednesday) (Return Rental Car)

Tour Downtown Anchorage(Alaska Native Heritage Center,Anchorage Museum,

Iditarod Sled Dog Race etc.

2 Nights in Seward(Thursday & Friday)

Saturday Morning leave for 11am PWS Tour

Thinking like this now.

1 night Anchorage(Friday)

leave next morning for Denaili (After Picking up Car Rental)

2 nights Denali(Saturday & Sunday)

Denali Raft McKinley Mild Water (Pm arriving day)

TWT(Am second day)

1 night Talkeetna(Monday)

K2 McKinley Experience Flight(Evening flight)

leave next morning for Lunch @ Seven Glaciers

(Alyeska Tram Ride)

2 nights in Anchorage (Tuesday & Wednesday) (Return Rental Car)

Tour Downtown Anchorage(Alaska Native Heritage Center,Anchorage Museum,

Iditarod Sled Dog Race etc.

Saturday Morning leave for 11am PWS Tour

Seven Glaciers is NOT open for lunch. Opens at 5:00PM for dinner ONLY. You can do the lunch and tram combo-sandwiches and soup bowls, but no 5* dining.

IMHO, too much time in Anchorage. And how are you getting from Seward to Whitter in time for the PWS tour???

Seven Glaciers is NOT open for lunch. Opens at 5:00PM for dinner ONLY. You can do the lunch and tram combo-sandwiches and soup bowls, but no 5* dining.

IMHO, too much time in Anchorage. And how are you getting from Seward to Whitter in time for the PWS tour???

I think we will sub Aurora Bar & Grill for Seven Glaciers, I know it will be alot different then Seven Glaciers but that is okay.

Also plan on using PJs Taxis out of Seward to get to Whittier.

I know with 2 days in Anchorage it looks kind of heavy but having lunch/dinner at Hotel Alyeska Plus Tram Ride and then add in the driving time to Anchorage.This way we will have the whole next day to check out Anchorage.

Anything else you think needs adjusting? You said don't stay in Whittier that is why we opted for 2 days in Seward at the end.

With two nights in Seward, I think you will want to take a Kenai Fjords Boat Tour. Trust me, with your proclaimed scenery and wildlife priority, you will not find it to be too much time on the water. It is what Alaska is about. Just take precautions if anyone is prone to motion sickness.

Look carefully at the Sea Life Center. They have many add on tours that can make the most of your visit. They do cost extra. We did the Behind the Scenes Tour and really enjoyed it. ALso would have liked to do the Puffin Encounter, but didn't have enough time. We did just one night in Seward. Unlike the above poster, we loved Seward. Again, learn what places have to offer so you can pick according to your interests.

I think we will sub Aurora Bar & Grill for Seven Glaciers, I know it will be alot different then Seven Glaciers but that is okay.

Also plan on using PJs Taxis out of Seward to get to Whittier.

I know with 2 days in Anchorage it looks kind of heavy but having lunch/dinner at Hotel Alyeska Plus Tram Ride and then add in the driving time to Anchorage.This way we will have the whole next day to check out Anchorage.

Anything else you think needs adjusting? You said don't stay in Whittier that is why we opted for 2 days in Seward at the end.

The two days in Seward is fine. LOTS of things to do. But driving to Aleyska straight from Talkeetna and then not allowing enough time to see all the fantastic stuff on the drive and along Turnagain Arm seems a waste to me. Is the tram ride the only purpose of going to the Aleyeska/Girdwood area??? What about all the stuff you will miss on the train-the road basically runs directly beside the train tracks along Turnagain Arm for 30-40 miles, but with a car you can stop and ooh and aah and explore to your hearts content. PLUS see all the attractions that I posted before. You might even get to see a boar tide, which is really a special experience with Alaskans surfing. BUT you MUST take the time to do this-you cannot do it from the train. You generally cannot see the whales in Cook Inlet from the train. You are again duplicating and backtracking.

The Aurora Bar and Grill is OK foodwise (its actually a sports bar with big screen TV's), but certainly NOT the experience Seven Glaciers is (and almost as pricey). In fact, IMHO, not the experience that Glacier Express is (which is the coffee shop/snack bar up the hill). With the Glacier Express Tram/Lunch combo, you ride the tram, eat lunch, sit and look at the lovely view inside (Seven Glaciers is next door to Glacier Express-basically in the same building). You can even take your lunch outside and enjoy your soup bowl in that clean fresh air while being blown away with the view. Then you can go walking around, take a long hike or even parasail from the top of the mountain.

JMHO but you need to revise again. And if you are booking a rental and PJ's taxi, do it early as vbmom87 suggested. Book no later than Nov 15, 2009 or you will pay high prices or may even be out of luck with the shuttle to Whittier.

The two days in Seward is fine. LOTS of things to do. But driving to Aleyska straight from Talkeetna and then not allowing enough time to see all the fantastic stuff on the drive and along Turnagain Arm seems a waste to me. Is the tram ride the only purpose of going to the Aleyeska/Girdwood area??? What about all the stuff you will miss on the train-the road basically runs directly beside the train tracks along Turnagain Arm for 30-40 miles, but with a car you can stop and ooh and aah and explore to your hearts content. PLUS see all the attractions that I posted before. You might even get to see a boar tide, which is really a special experience with Alaskans surfing. BUT you MUST take the time to do this-you cannot do it from the train. You generally cannot see the whales in Cook Inlet from the train. You are again duplicating and backtracking.

The Aurora Bar and Grill is OK foodwise (its actually a sports bar with big screen TV's), but certainly NOT the experience Seven Glaciers is (and almost as pricey). In fact, IMHO, not the experience that Glacier Express is (which is the coffee shop/snack bar up the hill). With the Glacier Express Tram/Lunch combo, you ride the tram, eat lunch, sit and look at the lovely view inside (Seven Glaciers is next door to Glacier Express-basically in the same building). You can even take your lunch outside and enjoy your soup bowl in that clean fresh air while being blown away with the view. Then you can go walking around, take a long hike or even parasail from the top of the mountain.

JMHO but you need to revise again. And if you are booking a rental and PJ's taxi, do it early as vbmom87 suggested. Book no later than Nov 15, 2009 or you will pay high prices or may even be out of luck with the shuttle to Whittier.

The drive from Talkeetna to Girdwood is about 150 miles, we can stop our car along the Turnagain Arm anywhere we would like. We aren't really on a set schedule when we have to arrive at Hotel Aleyeska for the tram ride/ lunch or even dinner for that matter. We do our thing there and then just drive back to Anchorage from Girdwood, 38 miles and we can stop again on that same stretch of the Turnagain Arm if we missed something the first time.

I like your idea of the Glacier Express Tram/Lunch combo too. So that works for us.

You talked about back tracking, just don't see another way we could do it and still get in the Dome train from Anchorage to Seward like we want.

Just booked the car rental as per vbmom87. In fact I booked 2 car rentals incase we arrive a day earlier then planned because of flight availabilty.

Booked a 5 day one for $156.35 and the 4 day one we are more likely to use for $125.08:)

Sent a request to PJ's already.

Hopefully, you have investigated what is going to be of interest for you in Seward?? The top tour choice is a Kenai Fjords boat tour, as you know, you will have to take precautions, if prone to motion sickness. It is just about a given of rough sailing at some point on these boats. You need to look at at least 6 hours on the water. Don't consider any shorter with a wildlife priority. There is Exit Glacier to consider, Seavey's Sled dogs, Godwin's helicopters, interesting museum, Sealife center, fishing etc etc etc http://www.seward.com Find out, what is of interest for you in both Girdwood and Seward before you get into fixed plans. If few of the Seward/Girdwood plans are of interest, you may find more at Homer?

Another potential option to consider is to plan on your flight of McKinley on your way to Denali, or allow for more time in Talkeetna, like leaving late afternoon. These flights do cancel. One time I had 4 reschedules and never did get out. Have also experienced delays.

The Parks Highway Talkeetna to Anchorage is a jackpot of potential stops, you may want to consider some.

Your plans are coming together with a better itinerary. Keep fine tuning it some more before you get into reservations.

Hopefully, you have investigated what is going to be of interest for you in Seward?? The top tour choice is a Kenai Fjords boat tour, as you know, you will have to take precautions, if prone to motion sickness. It is just about a given of rough sailing at some point on these boats. You need to look at at least 6 hours on the water. Don't consider any shorter with a wildlife priority. There is Exit Glacier to consider, Seavey's Sled dogs, Godwin's helicopters, interesting museum, Sealife center, fishing etc etc etc http://www.seward.com Find out, what is of interest for you in both Girdwood and Seward before you get into fixed plans. If few of the Seward/Girdwood plans are of interest, you may find more at Homer?

Another potential option to consider is to plan on your flight of McKinley on your way to Denali, or allow for more time in Talkeetna, like leaving late afternoon. These flights do cancel. One time I had 4 reschedules and never did get out. Have also experienced delays.

The Parks Highway Talkeetna to Anchorage is a jackpot of potential stops, you may want to consider some.

Your plans are coming together with a better itinerary. Keep fine tuning it some more before you get into reservations.

Yes I did think about taking that flight on the way up to Denali but how are they when you try to reserve 2 different days? They might frown on that? The Day on the way up would be a Saturday, original plans has us doing it on a Monday evening.

I think we will be fine finding things of interest in Seward to do. Not concerned with that. Not really interested in going that far to the west where Homer is, besides at that time we won't have the rental car anyway.

Homer is to far away for this trip to Alaska, maybe the next trip we head over that way and skip Denali Park.

Thanks

Jim

Yes I did think about taking that flight on the way up to Denali but how are they when you try to reserve 2 different days? They might frown on that? The Day on the way up would be a Saturday, original plans has us doing it on a Monday evening.

You do not double book. You would book the first available date, then have the second timeframe available for back up rescheduling, at the time of cancelation.

You may want to considering purchasing one of the coupon books available which can offer some significant savings. In the past 2 for 1 McKinley flightseeing and always some sort of Kenai Fjords boat tour offer.

You do not double book. You would book the first available date, then have the second timeframe available for back up rescheduling, at the time of cancelation.

You may want to considering purchasing one of the coupon books available which can offer some significant savings. In the past 2 for 1 McKinley flightseeing and always some sort of Kenai Fjords boat tour offer.

Wasn't going to double book, okay since we are getting the car rental around 9am in Anchorage and heading north, with a few stops along the way to Talkeenta what is a good estimate of timeframe we can reserve the Mckinley Flightseeing Tour. It's about 110 miles. So I would think a good time would be be around 1pm right?

We do plan on getting a toursavers book for possible hotel and excursions discounts. Still would like to book some cancel free hotels just incase we can't find anything with the coupons to our likings once the book comes out.

In Denali still can't decide to stay south of the park entrance or north of it? I know you have been to Denali Lakeview Inn but have you been to McKinley Creekside Cabins. Any preference?

Wasn't going to double book, okay since we are getting the car rental around 9am in Anchorage and heading north, with a few stops along the way to Talkeenta what is a good estimate of timeframe we can reserve the Mckinley Flightseeing Tour. It's about 110 miles. So I would think a good time would be be around 1pm right?

We do plan on getting a toursavers book for possible hotel and excursions discounts. Still would like to book some cancel free hotels just incase we can't find anything with the coupons to our likings once the book comes out.

In Denali still can't decide to stay south of the park entrance or north of it? I know you have been to Denali Lakeview Inn but have you been to McKinley Creekside Cabins. Any preference?

I would suggest, you consider adding time, somewhere Anchorage/Talkeetna at some point. It can be worth a good portion of a day- depending if you want to take advantage or other sites?? Wasilla Sled Dog Museum, Eklutna Spirit House tour, Hatcher Pass/Independence Mine. Musk ox farm, Eagle River Nature Center- to suggest a few. None of these is extensive, but definately worthwhile if of interest. IF you want glacier treking, a cheap option is available to you out of Matansuka or Exit.

So depending on what you want to consider on your drive up- be CERTAIN to factor in a grocery stop by Wasilla. It is your last available and you will need stuff for Denali park. I would look later than 1pm. It will be a 3 1/2 hour drive further from Talkeetna to Denali Park. Again, as a suggestion- you could overnight there, IF you want some of the extra stops along the way, instead of your current plan of overnighting there at the end. I would suggest you consider this. IF you do get out on the first flight, you probably would be better off not staying in Talkeetna if you have no other activities of interest. There are few others.

I have not stayed in either lodging. If you haven't already, you might want to consider getting a copy of THE MILEPOST, necessary in my opinion. Try your library, or wait until next March for the new edition, or pick up a cheap prior year. Very little change.

I would suggest, you consider adding time, somewhere Anchorage/Talkeetna at some point. It can be worth a good portion of a day- depending if you want to take advantage or other sites?? Wasilla Sled Dog Museum, Eklutna Spirit House tour, Hatcher Pass/Independence Mine. Musk ox farm, Eagle River Nature Center- to suggest a few. None of these is extensive, but definately worthwhile if of interest. IF you want glacier treking, a cheap option is available to you out of Matansuka or Exit.

So depending on what you want to consider on your drive up- be CERTAIN to factor in a grocery stop by Wasilla. It is your last available and you will need stuff for Denali park. I would look later than 1pm. It will be a 3 1/2 hour drive further from Talkeetna to Denali Park. Again, as a suggestion- you could overnight there, IF you want some of the extra stops along the way, instead of your current plan of overnighting there at the end. I would suggest you consider this. IF you do get out on the first flight, you probably would be better off not staying in Talkeetna if you have no other activities of interest. There are few others.

I have not stayed in either lodging. If you haven't already, you might want to consider getting a copy of THE MILEPOST, necessary in my opinion. Try your library, or wait until next March for the new edition, or pick up a cheap prior year. Very little change.

I think we should just keep the plans like you suggested. Schedule the Flight on Saturday on the way to Denali. What we will do is call ahead on our way up before we turn off for Talkeetna and ask them if our flight is going to go or be canceled. If it's canceled we just proceed to Denali and reschedule it for our trip back on Monday when we are staying there. If it is a go on Saturday, we still go and stay over night in Talkeetna Monday and just find something else to do that day.

We already have a 2 day stay in Anchorage, don't really want 3 straight days there.

I am not suggesting three nights, in Anchorage.

Sorry I guess I was confused with your first line in your above post to me earlier today.

Originally Posted by Budget Queen

I would suggest, you consider adding time, somewhere Anchorage/Talkeetna at some point.

Time in transit, with the possible many stops along the way between these two. I would overnight in Talkeetna from Anchorage, and move everything back a day, rather than having Talkeetna at the end. I'm assuming you are a first timer here, and this would allow you more opportunity for your flight, some awesome lighting in the evening, plus extra time late morning, early afternoon. With your current plan, you are going to have to get right going, the day after you arrive and have a lot you are going to have to do. Pick up car, grocery shop, drive by some interesting stuff, "verify" your flight is going- it may not be that cut and dried. They may wait until the last minute to cancel, may delay you, etc etc. Might be better to just not have to go anywhere, especially a continuing 3.5 hour drive. That, again, you aren't going to have any time for stopping along the way, and then finally hauling in later than ideal perhaps. With a car it is a definate highlight to drive the public section of the Park Road in Denali Park a few times. Wildlife possible, especially moose in the evening.

Time in transit, with the possible many stops along the way between these two. I would overnight in Talkeetna from Anchorage, and move everything back a day, rather than having Talkeetna at the end. I'm assuming you are a first timer here, and this would allow you more opportunity for your flight, some awesome lighting in the evening, plus extra time late morning, early afternoon. With your current plan, you are going to have to get right going, the day after you arrive and have a lot you are going to have to do. Pick up car, grocery shop, drive by some interesting stuff, "verify" your flight is going- it may not be that cut and dried. They may wait until the last minute to cancel, may delay you, etc etc. Might be better to just not have to go anywhere, especially a continuing 3.5 hour drive. That, again, you aren't going to have any time for stopping along the way, and then finally hauling in later than ideal perhaps. With a car it is a definate highlight to drive the public section of the Park Road in Denali Park a few times. Wildlife possible, especially moose in the evening.

Flight I'm looking at gets into Anchorage arround at 2:30pm on Friday. I assume we can get some groceries that day plus get some rest from the long day of flying, only thing on Saturday to do is to get the rental car downtown around 9am, or maybe earlier and drive north.

If we were to stop and stay overnight in Talkteena like you suggested on Saturday(maybe get the flight in, maybe not.) If we don't get it in we would have to try again on our way back south once leaving the Denail Park on Tuesday I guess. This way also gets us in to Denali earlier the first day we arrive on Sunday. Almost 2 full days in Denali.:D:D

That would seem to work out better since then if we did get the flight in on Saturday we would have all day to make the trip from Denaili Park to Anchorage. Plus making us much more flexible for stops along the way.

I like your thinking.:D

1 night Anchorage(Friday) Anchorage Grand Hotel $99.00 :)

leave next morning for Talkeetna (After Picking up Car Rental) 5day rental-$156.00 :)

1 night Talkeetna(Saturday)

K2 McKinley Experience Flight

2 nights Denali Park(Sunday & Monday)

Denali Raft McKinley Mild Water (First evening)

Tundra Wilderness Tour (54 miles into the Park)(Am second day)

Tuesday Morning early drive south to Anchorage from Denali

2 nights in Anchorage (Tuesday & Wednesday) Anchorage Grand Hotel $99.00 per night :)

Tuesday Tour Downtown Anchorage(Alaska Native Heritage Center,Anchorage Museum,Iditarod Sled Dog Race etc.

Wednesday morning drive along Turnagain Arm for Glacier Express Tram/Lunch comb @ Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood, Ak

Return Car rental when we get back to Anchorage

Thursday Morning

Saturday Morning leave for 11am Prince William Sound Boat Tour

This is a very nice plan with an excellent mix of transit and stays. You have allotted enough time for some activites and not on a too tight timeframe anywhere.

I am an advocate of the Denali Park shuttle buses, for those with the interest, getting you farther into the Park. I recommend Eielson in your timeframe. It's a noted bear area between Toklat - mile 53, where the TWT usually ends, and Eielson mile 66. The visitor center is new and the former one had some nice exhibits. Very scenic area for a lunch too. :) There are also ranger activities, so if you want to add something in the later afternoon or evening your second day- check out the schedule at the visitor center. You would add the Dog Sled demo before you leave, runs at 10am, usually.

This is a very nice plan with an excellent mix of transit and stays. You have allotted enough time for some activites and not on a too tight timeframe anywhere.

I am an advocate of the Denali Park shuttle buses, for those with the interest, getting you farther into the Park. I recommend Eielson in your timeframe. It's a noted bear area between Toklat - mile 53, where the TWT usually ends, and Eielson mile 66. The visitor center is new and the former one had some nice exhibits. Very scenic area for a lunch too. :) There are also ranger activities, so if you want to add something in the later afternoon or evening your second day- check out the schedule at the visitor center. You would add the Dog Sled demo before you leave, runs at 10am, usually.

Would have loved to go to Eielson Mile 66 but our timeframe of our vacation I believe it won't be open that far by then. Our current schedule has us there on May 23rd and May 24th.

Going at this time works better with our work schedules at home plus got us a great prices on the cruise, car rental, hotel stays along the way. Hopefully it will even be a bonus with lower airfares in the early season.

Archived