Does Carnival ever go on sale?

J-Hawk

There are all kinds of other sales, but seems like the early bird rate is usually better. The triple play is pretty good, with highest upgrade within the category and they had like $100 pp in OBC, but the rate you had to book was higher than early saver.

I think the early bird is probably it....Carnival's prices are really not bad, although they are freqently more expensive than RCL.

I disagree - I've priced out many comparitive RCL cruises, and the CCL cruise came up cheaper. :confused: So much so that I cancelled a RCL to book CCL because the price was that much cheaper.

I occaisionally will get an email from CCL with an upcoming sale, but have noticed they're few and far between these days.

There is usually a sale every Wednesday called Pack 'n Go. Visit the Carnival website and find the special. Sometimes the rates are great - last week, not so much. Guess it just depends on what they need to move.

I think the early bird is probably it....Carnival's prices are really not bad, although they are freqently more expensive than RCL.

you peaked my interest with that statement...I did a search for an equivelant cruise on rccl to my dream cruise....rccl was $460.00 more...thanks but no thanks

apparently you know something that I dont know because i just compared 5 cruises that were the same between rccl and ccl and ccl was on average 425 cheaper for 2 people.

apparently you know something that I dont know because i just compared 5 cruises that were the same between rccl and ccl and ccl was on average 425 cheaper for 2 people.

I think somebody just really wants to believe rccl is cheaper..even though its pretty obvious they arent

I disagree - I've priced out many comparitive RCL cruises, and the CCL cruise came up cheaper. :confused: So much so that I cancelled a RCL to book CCL because the price was that much cheaper.

I occaisionally will get an email from CCL with an upcoming sale, but have noticed they're few and far between these days.

If carnival got much cheaper, they would be giving them away....my dad has been on 2 alaskan cruises..both on ncl....he never wanted to give carnival a shot...I told him they are cheaper...still didnt buy it...I finally got him on the phone with my pvp...she did a quick booking to verify a price....after the deposit, she said you owe $750....my dad said, thats not bad for a balance per person....to his disbelief, she said, no..thats the total balance due.....it was way cheaper than what he paid on ncl....not to mention, a better product....whats funny is, he has turned around so much, he has 6 other people talked into joining us....

I was loyal to Royal for 4 cruises,then tried NCL and am now trying my 1st Carnival cruise,If someone thinks RCCL is less expensive I haven't seen it in years, I owe it to myself to shop around with my vacation dollars and after months of research I think my family will be happy with my decision of Carnival.

I think somebody just really wants to believe rccl is cheaper..even though its pretty obvious they arent

When Iv waited for last minute, after final payment prices on RCL, Iv often found cheaper prices than I could book the same cruise on Carnival. If you are looking further out than RCL is almost always more expensive.

Iv cruised 7 days on RCL as cheap as $349 when I would have had to pay over $100 more pp for Carnival.

We usually cruise Royal Caribbean and they run different types of sales often. I have noticed the early bird fares on Carnival and wonder if that is the only sale? Thanks!

If you go to Carnival's website and register you will end up on their emailing list. I used to get the emails for every sale but now that I have actual cruises booked they aren't sending them to me. You can also keep an eye on this site as well. CC members are usually pretty good about announcing big sales they find :)

My wife and I only book during sales and specials. We are getting ready for our forth cruise. So yes, Carnival does do sales, but you have to watch for them. Please don't sail Carnival for the price and then get on here and bash them after your cruise. Book Carnival because you want to not just for the price.

I was going to say, Carnival has always been cheaper for me when planning in advance. On the other hand, I have found "last minute" cruises (within 60 days) to be cheaper on RCL than Carnival.

And I've noticed I haven't gotten any emails either from Carnival in a long time but I do check often on their website.

When Iv waited for last minute, after final payment prices on RCL, Iv often found cheaper prices than I could book the same cruise on Carnival. If you are looking further out than RCL is almost always more expensive.

Iv cruised 7 days on RCL as cheap as $349 when I would have had to pay over $100 more pp for Carnival.

you can find similar rates on Carnival. In fact, there is an 8 day on the Spirit on Nov 11 starting at $399

I think I have come across one sailing where RC was less that CCL. I was just looking yesterday at future options. The rest of the time CCL has had the best fares. That's why we always end up sailing CCL - well that & the fact that it is easier to drive to Galveston than to fly somewhere else. I will consider RC when they come back to Galveston if the price is within reason.

Archived