Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Hi Tuppermern!

Congrats on the upgrade! There are a few differences from VH to VC. Mostly minor.

There are 4 VH cabins on the Westerdam (that I can find) on Deck 4 (Upper Promenade) and all the way foreward. The VH cabins also have a shower only and have a steel verandah railing instead of plexiglass.

Your VC cabin will have a tub/shower combination and the clear plexiglass railing.

Final cabin update-----we got a phonecall from our PCC, and the upsell fairy made us an offer we couldn't refuse! We took the offer---and ended up going from the VH guarantee-------to the VC.....and are now in the SS!! Wooo hooooo! We are two happy cruisers!

Betty, we have been upgraded from an MM guarantee to a veranda, an outiside OV and a small suite. It can happen. Our cruise date is 3-8 and still waiting patiently.

Thanks Trisha,,We'll probably go ahead & book a guarantee..Wish I could find out though which balcony cabins have the steel railing as apposed to the clear Plexiglas..

Cheers...:)Betty

Wish I could find out though which balcony cabins have the steel railing as apposed to the clear Plexiglas.

If you go to the HAL Website and go to the deck plan for the Noordam on Deck 4 the symbols on the left side of the page include one with a diamond shape that is used on those balcony cabins that have the steel railing. It appears that the VF and VH are the only to categories that have the steel railings and they are at the front of the ship.

If you go to the HAL Website and go to the deck plan for the Noordam on Deck 4 the symbols on the left side of the page include one with a diamond shape that is used on those balcony cabins that have the steel railing. It appears that the VF and VH are the only to categories that have the steel railings and they are at the front of the ship.

Thanks duck tune..Read your post after talking to our TA..About to go over the cabins with a fine tooth comb..:D

We finally did it!....:D Booked two "C" Guarantees, on the Nov. 13 Noordam, Collectors Cruise..This is the first time we have ever booked a guarantee..:eek:

TA assured us, we have nothing to worry about..If we don't get a "C" cabin we'll be upgraded to a Veranda..So if not a "C" we'll hope for a Verandah with a Plexiglas rail..

Now, will sit back for 8 months, 15 days, 16 hours & 30 minutes wondering what cabins HAL will assign us..

Also purchased our Insurance , which is a primary policy thru Travelex & recived the confirmation of coverage..

I hate these long Wait's!:D:D

Cheers.....:) Betty

We just received our cabin number for the March 13 Oosterdam cruise. VH to VA upgrade.

Many thanks to the upgrade fairy!!!

igraf

Well, we are three weeks out, and counting, and still no cabin number.

We just received our cabin number for the March 13 Oosterdam cruise. VH to VA upgrade.

Many thanks to the upgrade fairy!!!

igraf

That was sooner than I would have expected. I'm on the O the following week. Also waiting to see if I stay VE or what. So maybe a week from now or so I'll be hearing.

Congrats on the great upgrade - have a wonderful time!

We got our cabin assignment on our Westerdam 3/7/10 sailing. We got upgraded from a VF Guarantee on decks 4 or 5 to VA on deck 8 near the stern. That was a 3-4 higher deck + $350 pp upgrade for free. Was it worth the added anxiety of the gamble? Most likely.

Still waiting on March 13, Oosterdam. Still hoping for an upsell opportunity. Actually, we have a great GUAR right now, so an upsell isn't essential to our happiness...

I keep thinking the longer it goes before we get a cabin assigned, the better the cabin will be. That's what I tell myself!! :p

We just booked a Guarantee for a veranda on the Eurodam. How do we find out what room we have? I thought we wouldn't know until we got to the port. Please, someone, let me know how to check this out! I've never booked this way before.

We just booked a Guarantee for a veranda on the Eurodam. How do we find out what room we have? I thought we wouldn't know until we got to the port. Please, someone, let me know how to check this out! I've never booked this way before.

Go to the HAL website and access the Immigration/Check-in page. When a cabin is assigned it will appear there.

Figure the cabin assignment to come about 10 days before sailing---more or less, give or take, plus or minus.

I have 55 days until my cruise. I keep reminding myself that as long as I have a cabin (with a window) I don't care where it is. Just so I'm on the ship!!!!!

No really I am also waiting and wish they would post cabin numbers sooner, but hay it is what it is.

Helen

shootr, I'll expect you to leave that ship in good condition when you are through with her, okay? :p

Two weeks. I want to pack, but it's too soon....

The bartenders will be broken in, cigar ashes will be swept up, the fixtures will remain in place, and if you check the bible there might be a surprise inside.

Boy, work is really sucking this week...

Archived