Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Hi Sharon,

Thanks again for your great advice. You have been so helpful:) I'll have to remember Cortez Street. How long of a walk would you say?

Liz:)

The Cortez St water taxi stop is only about 4 blocks from Alhambra Resort. It's near Beach Place but on the intracoastal.

Help!! I'm going on liberty of seas in March. Our flight does not leave until 6 pm. Who can hold bags?? What can we do in Ft Laud.? How does that water taxi work and the price?? How does the trolley or buses work and prices? What can we do to maximize our time? No beach things cause we gonna have enough on cruise? Love to eat and shop!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For a fee, RCL can send your bags to your plane. You can rent a car, put the bags in the trunk, and go to Sawgrass Mills (about 12 miles away so may be too time consuming) or stay local. Galleria Mall and Las Olas Blvd are more local shopping options, and you can go to either and then to the airport for less than $50 total trips. You can take a $10 taxi to the Hilton Marina for the water taxi which costs $20 per adult. If you return to there, a taxi to the airport will cost about $15.

Edited by royalcruz

Thank u Sharon. RCL was doing an excursion to sawgrass mall but is no longer on there site. Maybe not enough interest?? But they r doing with a city pass that hops on and off. Is that a good one?? They hold ur bags then take u to airport after 4 or 6 hours. It's 35 per person

Help!! I'm going on liberty of seas in March. Our flight does not leave until 6 pm. Who can hold bags?? What can we do in Ft Laud.? How does that water taxi work and the price?? How does the trolley or buses work and prices? What can we do to maximize our time? No beach things cause we gonna have enough on cruise? Love to eat and shop!!!

Here's a new program that might work for you; this is from the Fort Lauderdale city press release:

Fort Lauderdale partnership combines airport Sun Trolley service and baggage storage

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - Fort Lauderdale visitors can make every minute count, thanks to a new airport transportation and baggage storage service that aims to provide convenient access to area attractions and businesses.

With the Fort Lauderdale Excursion, visitors who have a few extra hours to spare can securely store their baggage at the airport and enjoy hassle-free transportation on the Sun Trolley or Water Taxi to explore the City's best cultural attractions, sites, dining, shopping and entertainment.

The service is ideal for tourists and business travelers who have a few hours to spare before scheduled departures.

The Fort Lauderdale Excursion includes luggage storage at Bags To Go Enterprises, located at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Sun Trolley transportation between the airport and downtown, an all-day ticket for the Sun Trolley and/or Water Taxi, sightseeing opportunities and an array of special offers and discounts.

The excursion is available daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday through Sunday. The last departure from downtown is at 3:30 p.m. The downtown drop off and pick up point is located at the Fort Lauderdale History Center near area attractions and Las Olas Boulevard.

The price for the one day Sun Trolley excursion is $19.95 per person. A combo package that includes the Sun Trolley and Water Taxi is available for $29.95 per person.

The ticket price includes admission to several attractions, including the Historic Stranahan House, Fort Lauderdale History Center and the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale.

For more information, visit www.suntrolley.com or call 954-761-3543.

Thank u Sharon. RCL was doing an excursion to sawgrass mall but is no longer on there site. Maybe not enough interest?? But they r doing with a city pass that hops on and off. Is that a good one?? They hold ur bags then take u to airport after 4 or 6 hours. It's 35 per person

That excursion might be good. It takes you to Hollywood beach, not Fort Lauderdale. You can either hang out on the Hollywood Broadwalk at the beach, or take a trolley from there to downtown Hollywood. Hollywood has an international artsy flavor. Fort Lauderdale is a little more upscale/cosmopolitan (but still very affordable).

We will be docking in Miami @ 7 AM

on Saturday Dec 7 2013.

How far is FLL airport?

What would be the best way to get to airport?

What flight time should we book?

Thanks for any help?

We used SAS last year and will be using them again this next week. http://www.ridesas.com

$15 per person, so great if only a couple of you. It is a shared ride shuttle service. As long as your flight is after noon, you should be good.

Last year, we were at FLL by 9:30am for a 1:40pm flight. Make sure to bring a good book.

Can someone confirm the approx amount of a cab from the Hilton FLL airports hotel to the port? Not sure if its better to use the hotel shuttle at $9pp or go by cab...

Thanks!

A taxi will cost about the same as 2 in the $9 shuttle. If there are 3-4 people definitely take a taxi.

Hi All,

Due to a last minute flight change I need to book an overnight hotel stay on Feb 16th before our cruise sailing the next day! Having a tough time getting my priceline bids accepted for the Airport, Beach & Downtown neighborhood as it is a busy three day weekend!!!

What are some of the other close areas to the Port I can explore for my overnight Fort Lauderdale stay?

Would appreciate any advise as I need to get this done ASAP. Ideally, would prefer a hotel within $100 range as we just need a place to sleep since we'll be getting there late night!. Airport and cruise terminal transportation would be a bonus but, beggars can necessary be choosers! :(

THANKS in advance!

Hi All,

Due to a last minute flight change I need to book an overnight hotel stay on Feb 16th before our cruise sailing the next day! Having a tough time getting my priceline bids accepted for the Airport, Beach & Downtown neighborhood as it is a busy three day weekend!!!

What are some of the other close areas to the Port I can explore for my overnight Fort Lauderdale stay?

Would appreciate any advise as I need to get this done ASAP. Ideally, would prefer a hotel within $100 range as we just need a place to sleep since we'll be getting there late night!. Airport and cruise terminal transportation would be a bonus but, beggars can necessary be choosers! :(

THANKS in advance!

Have you tried Hotwire? I use Priceline sometimes, but I also get some good deals on Hotwire, and it's nice not to have to go through the bidding process.

Thanks guys, still looking at all available options.

How is the La Quinta Inn Northeast? Have never stayed at a La Quinta Inn but, the price seems reasonable but, no airport/cruise port shuttles included so will have to add those expenses in as well!!

Edited by srbb03

Arriving Fll at 6am. As I seem to remember once at luggage pickup there is nothing to do. Restaurants etc beyond departure area. Suggestions as to what to do until 11am arrival at port?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry

I would shuttle/taxi to one of the nicer airport hotels (Hilton?), tip them to watch your bags, and enjoy a nice long breakfast, and maybe a mimosa or two! :D From the hotel just grab a cab to the port. Good luck! :)

Thanks guys, still looking at all available options.

How is the La Quinta Inn Northeast? Have never stayed at a La Quinta Inn but, the price seems reasonable but, no airport/cruise port shuttles included so will have to add those expenses in as well!!

That La Quinta is past Commercial Blvd, so I'd expect atleast $30 each way in cab fare. Seems ok tho.

The Quality Inn Airport and CruisePort North is your best bet. It's about $119 for the night you need and they offer free airport shuttle and cruiseport shuttle. Also Free Breakfast and Free Internet.

Let me be the first to say . . . it's not the best hotel and the area is certainly not great, but for a overnight stay to lay your heads, it should do the trick. There isn't much of anything in the area so if you need wine I'd probably wrap some up good in my checked luggage so you don't have to worry about anything but getting to the hotel and getting to the boat.

Edited by kdawg954

We recently stayed at the Courtyard in Plantation. Not sure what the room rate was because we used points - only 10,000 of them.

They have a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the port which can be reserved 24 hours in advance. We did ours at check in but if you are arriving late I would call.

There are tons of restaurants, shopping- including a mall all within walking distance.

Rooms were clean, bed comfortable, check in and out fast and friendly!

If you are driving there they will allow you to leave your car there for the duration of your cruise. It was a $28 cab ride from the port.

Arriving Fll at 6am. As I seem to remember once at luggage pickup there is nothing to do. Restaurants etc beyond departure area. Suggestions as to what to do until 11am arrival at port?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry

You could go to Lester's Diner on SR 84 for some diner breakfast.