Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We stayed at the La Quinta Hollywood twice. Both times I got $59 a night rate which was awesome. They have a pretty nice breakfast in the morning with the make your own belgium waffle area.

The rooms are a little on the tacky side, but large enough. I don't think you have a choice for non-smoking on the website, so it is a first come first serve situation.

As far as what is near by - we walk just across the road to a huge shopping center. There is a movie theatre, Dave and Busters,and a bunch of other types of stores and restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel if you are just staying over night prior to a cruise. For the price you can't be it and they offer shuttle service to the port.

Nora

Any help on the following would be greatly appreciated.

Have booked Il Lugano Suites - 32nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights prior to Oasis cruise 4 September 2010. We will not be hiring a car.

1. What would be the best way to get to the hotel from FLL airport.

2. Then from hotel to cruise terminal.

3. Will be flying out of Miami to LA, allowing for travelling what would be a safe time to book flight from Miami, ship due to dock at 7 am

4. Then will have to get from cruise terminal to Miami Airport (maybe book this one through Royal Caribbean).

Thanks

I would appreciate your help. We will be renting a car and staying at a hotel in Plantation. We need to get the car back to the airport before our cruise. Can we drop off our luggage at the pier and then both of us go back to the airport to drop the car off? If I have to stay at the pier, can I check in and go to the lounge area and DH check in when he gets back? I really don't want to wait an hour or more outside the terminal waiting for him to get back from dropping the car at the airport. Thanks so much.

Budget has an office at Quay Plaza on SE 17th St, very close to the port and has a shuttle. Thrifty also has an office on Miami Rd, also very close to the port and a shuttle We have used both with no problems. You are only 5 minutes from the port, either way. You can pick up at the airport and drop off at both off-airport locations - might save you a lot of time hanging around the port.

I would appreciate your help. We will be renting a car and staying at a hotel in Plantation. We need to get the car back to the airport before our cruise. Can we drop off our luggage at the pier and then both of us go back to the airport to drop the car off? If I have to stay at the pier, can I check in and go to the lounge area and DH check in when he gets back? I really don't want to wait an hour or more outside the terminal waiting for him to get back from dropping the car at the airport. Thanks so much.

Yes, you can drop the luggage off at the pier first and then leave. It only takes a minute or two curbside.

If this question has already been answered I apologize. Is there any reasonable priced hotels within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and have airport and port shuttle service?

We have booked Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. It has a shuttle from airport and shuttle to port. They are within walking distance of water taxi stops. Also have read that they are close to restaurants.

We goggled hotels with shuttles, etc.

No we will be there May 1st

I also looked at Holiday Inn Express since it is right on 17th Street, has shuttle from airport. The shuttle to port does charge $8 per person.

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center

1500 S.E 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale FL, 33316

Tel: 954-728-2577

Edited by texkan

Does anyone know anything about Ocean Manor Resort? Its located on the beach at 4040 Galt Ocean Drive. Reviews are very mixed I was wondering how far it would be from the airport and the cruise port. Anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost?

Does anyone know anything about Ocean Manor Resort?Its located on the beach at 4040 Galt Ocean Drive. Reviews are very mixed I was wondering how far it would be from the airport and the cruise port. Anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost?

I've stayed there but not for a long time. It is about 10 miles from the port and airport. Taxi would cost about $35. There are restaurants within a 6 block walk.

If this question has already been answered I apologize. Is there any reasonable priced hotels within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and have airport and port shuttle service?

Best Western Oceanside is under $200 and is at the beach ($170 for AAA or Seniors). They offer complimentary breakfast. I don't think they have free shuttles, but they are very close to the port and airport.