Captain's Club Reception ??

DP

What time are they?

Are cocktails and wine complimentary?

With so many Captain's Club Members is it difficult to get a drink?

How many for a 2 week cruise?

Where are they held-- i,e. Theatre - Piazzi?

What time are they? 5:00ish

Are cocktails and wine complimentary? Yes with hors devoures

With so many Captain's Club Members is it difficult to get a drink? No

How many for a 2 week cruise? 2

Vista Lounge or the like

If drinks so weak is ther any point in going

If you are only going for the free drinks, there is no reason in going

We rarely attend any of the Captain's Circle cocktail parties anymore. There are so many past passengers onboard, it is more like a mob fest than anything else. A free drink isn't enough to get me to fight those crowds. :(
Like the others, it's a mob scene with people looking for a free drink. We haven't been to one in years and have no intention of attending one in the future. A couple of times, the Captain's Circle Host has asked my sister and BIL to be there because they were among the top most-traveled passengers but that's the only thing that would get them there and they leave as soon as they can.

What time are they?

Are cocktails and wine complimentary?

With so many Captain's Club Members is it difficult to get a drink?

How many for a 2 week cruise?

There is only one per cruise that you can attend, but they have had up to four in order to allow every past passenger a chance to attend one.

They are usually scheduled just before traditional dining time hours.

The drinks are complimentary. Sometimes you are limited to what they carry around on trays, sometimes they are willing to get what you ask for.

On the Grand glass ships, they are usually held in the nightclub/lounge at the rear of deck seven. This name of this location varies by ship. You will receive an invitation to it in your cabin and it will specify the day, time and location.

If you are going for free drinks--Don't Bother!! They are free, -----yes, but probably not your choice.

But if you are cruious about other past travelers---and interested in talking with them---go!

We've done many, many trips, and we always enjoy meeting previous travellers. Drinking is definitely our priority--we buy what we like!

If you have never been to one and it fits into your schedule you should go and see for yourself. They serve your basic cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. You also can have a picture taken with the Captain at this event. It’s something to do before dinner that doesn’t cost anything. If something better comes along don’t feel bad if you have to miss it because you are not missing much.

If you have never been to one and it fits into your schedule you should go and see for yourself. They serve your basic cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. You also can have a picture taken with the Captain at this event. It’s something to do before dinner that doesn’t cost anything. If something better comes along don’t feel bad if you have to miss it because you are not missing much.

Totally agree with Iamcruzin this is exactly how we feel. After 26 cruises did it done it.

I agree and think this is good advice. If you spot your favourite steward at the captain's circle party ask him for your drinks and you will most likely be well looked after.

Hey, drinks are drinks, and some are better than others, but – maybe you are missing the reason for the Captains Circle reception. I always go, and not for the drinks. Many of the Officers and Crew are there, including the Captain, of course. I make it a point to say hello and chat with each crew member present. I let them know what I like about the cruise and ask them where they are from, what they do and if they are enjoying themselves. It’s not a big deal, but they are asked (directed) to be there and normally enjoy actually talking with ‘the guests’. I’m a retired military officer and I can’t tell you how many times I was requested to show up at receptions – to show the flag so to speak. I enjoyed it when the guests would interact with me, and I believe the crews do too. Of course, some of us know that we (as the requested folks) are supposed to mingle and talk with our guests (or hosts if we are the guests) – but many of the crew are junior Ensigns and Lieutenants, and a lot of time they just stand there and smile.

So? Go,,, say hi, chat and find out what the crew thinks of the ship and the cruise. Then, go say hi to the Captain, maybe get a picture, and let him (maybe someday, her) know what a great crew and ship he has. Forget the drinks.. you can get one right afterwards for a nominal charge. Enjoy the 45 minutes instead of griping about a watery drink. ‘k?

Question tho - this time I'm traveling with a first time Princess cruiser and we're in the same room. Will we be allowed to attend together?

Yes. No need to make any request for it. Just go with your invitation and they will collect it.

Archived